Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist Looking To Start Band This Summer

Options
  • 18-04-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I want to start a band or join an existing band playing classic rock/classic pop/soul/funk covers.

Playing stuff like Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Motown Hits and General Classic Rock/Pop. I want to play with people who really love to play good music. I want to make this a seriously good band.

I've played guitar for a number of years, played in a couple of bands for musicals, various classical music ensembles and finished a degree in music last year, currently doing some postgrad stuff. I'm based in Dublin.

Every type of musician wanted, horns, singers (male and female), drums, keys. Instrumentalists who can sing would also be a big plus for harmonies etc.

PM me or reply to the thread if interested. Ideally like to start mid may or early June.

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

29 year old female drummer who is interested in playing that sort of music and have been playing that type of cover stuff for the last 5 years or so. I presume its a covers band you want to set up?? PM if interested..
    Where are you based and how old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

check out my thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055537588

How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bellg124

Thanks for the replies guys, should have mentioned in my ad I'm twenty-two.

Hey, did you get my PM to your reply....its not showing up in my sent box!! sorry

Cant PM reply as im new so have to respond here for now! No i dont read music, just drum tabs......why??

• Advertisement

Hi I'm receiving your pms fine and just replied to your last message.

Cheers

bu-bu-bu-bump it up

gerrup there

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marmarsings

Hi im in a band called marmar sings we are looking for a guitarist as our current guitarist had to leave,by the sound of it we have the same musical taste and ambition. check out our myspace and e-mail me back at jodyl37@hotmail.com if your up for a jam.

our myspace is myspace.com/marmarsings
    some of the songs are old but it will give u an idea

cheers
    Jody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 roryblynch

hey man we need a lead guitarist based in slane have some gig contacts
    call me 087 2970876

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Sent you a PM

Hi Guys just looking for a keyboard player now.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

hi philip,
    did ya get that musicman guitar yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Keyboard player here. PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement