Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Sub-Forum

• 18-04-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Now that the forum on the SU website is gone, it got me to thinking that there was probably already enough of a case for a sub-forum here, but there definitely is now.

Could one of our glorious overmods possibly suggest it to the admins in order that those that don't want to be bored by our ****e don't have to be aware of it and can have their shiny neat UL forum back to discuss accommodation, BULBS and random ****e like Today I Saw...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sorry, you want a sub-forum for ULSU? Snowed under by the three to four threads we've had about the SU since Christmas?

You could suggest it here but there's hardly an avalanche of posts that make any difference to the UL forum at all (except in a slightly positive way with the nod towards democracy in an easily accessible public location), let alone the idea of driving a virtual fence between what really should be the target audience for ULSU activities and discussion of those activities. At least that's my view, for the tuppence ha'penny it's occasionally worth on a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I've got a feeling someone doesn't like the idea:pac::pac:

If there was enough interest to sustain 6 Forums and about 10-20 sub forums on the site itself before it came down, I'm sure we could generate some interest here by having a ULSU sub forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Either that or we can create our own on another site and be the mods of that ourselves.....

Its pretty simple to do, I've even done it before and im not that tech savay!!

I mean the ULSU needs a forum... doesn't it???:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

DJCR wrote: »
    Either that or we can create our own on another site and be the mods of that ourselves.....

Its pretty simple to do, I've even done it before and im not that tech savay!!

I mean the ULSU needs a forum... doesn't it???:confused::confused::confused:

To be quite honest, I gave up on that forum about 18 months ago as the traffic was coming mainly from about 10 people.

If you look at the UCCSU board, they bemoan the fact that their elections thread is only 54 pages while UCD's is 80....ours is 2!!

People didn't give it a warrented usage, however 1 place where anything ULSU related could be discussed without dividing it into education, welfare, An Focal and Pulse, could be useful. Bear in mind however that the current forum here covers general quite well.

Advertisement