Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee of bank snooping in accounts-advice?

Options
  • 18-04-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, bit of a creepy one, just found out today that a former employee of mine, who moved to the data section of a major bank, has been looking at people's accounts-she's still friendly with some staff and was able to tell one that her loan application was turned down. When questioned on it, she said "oh, I can look at all your accounts!!" Slightly freaked now, as I bank with this bank, and I wouldn't be one of her favourite people, so god knows what she's been doing to my account! Is there anything that can be done about this? I don't want the girl who told me the story to be involved, but I'd like to be able to stop this (don't want her fired, just let know that this isn't on) Are there any departments that deal specifically with data protection problems? I used to work for a mobile phone company, and we were always warned that looking up or fiddling with accounts was a sackable offence, I presume it's the same in banking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, it is the same.

The problem is you're lacking any substantial proof of wrong doing and you've got third hand (at best) evidence.

Most banks would have audit trails/foot prints inbuilt into their system which allows them to identify who does what with an account..but unless you have some solid proof of wrong doing, it's unlikely they are going to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

All banks have audit trails on what all staff do with thte PC. So accessing information like this will show up and if its not in line with there job then there going to get into alot of trouble. Make a complaint to the Bank in question and follow there complaints procedure.

I's say she'd be given a warning if she onlt had a few offences of looking stuff up.

Advertisement