Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating...

Options
  • 18-04-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

is it actually worth it??..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Aye, if you put the work in.

(I'll let you know when i get my results ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

:(:(:(:(:(

makes me sick at the thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

flag123 wrote: »

Depends on how much you want the paticular course. Imo, NO
    :(:(:(:(:(

makes me sick at the thought!

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

If you're really really set on doing a specific course, it's only one year.
    If you just do something else, you could end up regretting it for evz-er and evz-er.

That's my opinion anyway.
    I'm repepating for medicine- If I'd just done something else I'm fairly sure I'd have just "What if?"-ed for ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

theres always some other route.

• Advertisement

True, but sometimes it's the easiest route.

One year repeating versus a lengthly, expensive post-grad? Mnehhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I did it and ended up missing my first choice by 5 points...

I don't regret it for a second though. I was only 17 at the time and it was a fantastic year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Repeating right now myself and for was definitely the right choice for me as I had no idea what I wanted to do, thus no motivation, thus no points :D:D I'm doing pretty great this year though so it has totally paid off..

Be careful though, the majority of my class are probably going to do just as ****e as they did last year.. some will get <100 points again.. Its actually ridiculous how they are willing to just piss away another year, most of them coming in every day as well, just not going to classes...

If your going to repeat, do it properly and you will enjoy it a lot... :) tbh, I got ****e results last year as a result of going out on the piss more often than I could afford to and simply taking the piss whenever I actually was in school. And despite these things being considered 'fun' by many, I am 100% happier this year without them.. If you do repeat, stick around people who are actually striving for a good result. You will quickly realise who will do ****e and who wont as in repeat years, the seperation line is pretty obvious. There aren't many in-betweeners so to speak , it's people who are trying really hard to make up for last year, and people who still dont care.

Maybe I'm just waffling atm, can't really tell(tired) :D.. best advice I can give you is, if you are going to repeat; know what you want and start working towards your goal from the very beginning. If you stick to that, you won't regret the year at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 room18

WE basically said it all. Stick to the people around you, who you know will get good results. I used it to push me when I repeated. And there are plenty who repeat and then only cop with 3 weeks to go that they are in the same situation as they were last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Why not just get the work done now and save yourself a year.:D...its only a few weeks of your life to study and it will result on the rest of your life...
    thats the way i like to think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Repeating myself this year too. I have no regrets (apart from redoing history, grr!) I'd no idea what i wanted to do last year,i was sick alot so it was unevitable i wouldn't do my best. This year though i'm more goal oriented, my heads in a way better place and I've found the perfect course for me. Having already done the mocks, orals,project deadlines and leaving cert last year took alot of pressure off and allowed me to focus on what had to be done as opposed to freaking out at the unknown. The downside is the majority of my year is 16/17 and i'm turning 19 this weekend so there is a huge maturity gap which has made some things awkward though. I'm glad i repeated,I've made some amazing friends, gotten my act together,i know what i want and i now know that life doesn't depend on how well you do in a exam. It wont determine who you are or will be, i feel prepared to do my exams in june

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

flag123 wrote: »

If you have a specific career in mind that requires a certain course and you don't get this course you should repeat. If you are open enough about your future career then maybe accept course you get if it's close to what you want. If you don't have focus in your repeat year you may even do worse. If you know exactly what you want you can improve a lot

Advertisement