Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to axe 1,200 jobs

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 madout

Quartet.... you are probably the kind of person who goes into a shop and stands looking at the shop assitant says nothing, expecting the assistant to ask how can i serve you, oh most generous one! blah de bloody blah! what you picking on me for? point is relevant not to much off topic....
    The root cause being the GREED that has filtered down to the average person in this country... How can this be done cheaper how can wee save money, how can we make more money... service is not relevant we can accept certain stndards because the irish will not speak up. Silent nation! lost to the GREED!!
    so be silent Quartet.... look at the big picture root cause and effect 1200 payoff's.
    so what if i stray.
    You make this more painfull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Quartet

madout wrote: »
    Quartet.... you are probably the kind of person who goes into a shop and stands looking at the shop assitant says nothing, expecting the assistant to ask how can i serve you, oh most generous one! blah de bloody blah! what you picking on me for? point is relevant not to much off topic....
    The root cause being the GREED that has filtered down to the average person in this country... How can this be done cheaper how can wee save money, how can we make more money... service is not relevant we can accept certain stndards because the irish will not speak up. Silent nation! lost to the GREED!!
    so be silent Quartet.... look at the big picture root cause and effect 1200 payoff's.
    so what if i stray.
    You make this more painfull

Sorry Madout....

No idea what you are on about
    how can i serve you, oh most generous one! blah de bloody blah...Silent nation! lost to the GREED!! ...so be silent Quartet.
    :confused:

...the above appears to be a general rant..

Simply asked for some clarification why one post to three different threads. Sticking to the post title will help clarify any point made...throwing three identical post at three different threads is simply confusing.

Remember this is a Discussion Board so no I cant be silent, if you find it painfull i believe then you are doing something wrong. But do hope you feel better soon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 madout

Originally Posted by brakingnews
    Telecom giant Eircom is looking to shed more than 1,200 jobs as part of a radical cost-saving plan, the company confirmed tonight.

The workers will be axed over the next 18 months, but it is not yet known what positions will be affected in the former State-owned company.

The redundancies will be another devastating blow to the country’s beleaguered economy, which has seen unemployment rise to a staggering 11%.

A company spokesman said: “It’s part of our restructuring plan.

“We’ve got to reduce our cost base.”
    page one cause and effect!
    And yes a bit of a rant on my part but im pissed!
    Cant belive a nation such as ireland would not move gears and pull the plug on the government. Thialand! more power to them why should we sit as a nation and be run into the ground. Better thing would be to stand and be counted.
    The goverment wont do anything about it they only look out for their own personal intrests... Money comes to money!
    peace Quartet..
    but im madout...
    I love ireland and the government are making it look like a fool....
    But we do nothing.

I see so let me get this straight...

Eircom that was disasterously privatised and goes through new owners like crazy is shedding jobs ,owes billions,rusted out their network and is losing money hand over fist..

The ESB which remains state owned is making money announces thousands of new jobs the other day and has invested 100's of millions in it's network..

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

madout wrote: »
    Maybe so! parts relate to all 3 posts so why not. Its about getting a point in and that is the truth we sit we do nothing. Half the people that lost the jobs if not more are not irish nationals. 1200 more on the welfare..

Do not copy and paste your posts in multiple threads.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

a lot of eircom workers still have civil service status,and pay the same prsi,will these workers if laid off be reabsorved back into the civil service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭francish

gurramok wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyauqlcwqloj/rss2/

Talk about bad timing regarding the ESB announcement. This disaster of a company whose infrastructure is the pits is just getting worse.

Time to re-nationalise as privatisation has failed?

Yea lets re-nationalise it, because in a recession no public workers are sacked. And sure dont we have loads a money.

Advertisement