Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Bluetooth compatible phone?

• 19-04-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Evening,

I'm looking for a new phone but want to be sure it's compatible with the car's bluetooth - a bmw.

The official list of compatible phones on the bmw website seems a little out of date. (http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bluetooth/compatibility/0,,1312___,00.html) Anyone got some suggestions on phones that work?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Declan1 wrote: »
    Evening,

I'm looking for a new phone but want to be sure it's compatible with the car's bluetooth - a bmw.

The official list of compatible phones on the bmw website seems a little out of date. (http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bluetooth/compatibility/0,,1312___,00.html) Anyone got some suggestions on phones that work?

Thanks

Most bluetooth phones will work, but some will have issues, like any other bluetooth system.
    BMW officially support the handsets provided on the list, it does not mean others and newer won't work. But some features might not be available.

Run the handset model into Google with BMW and see it anything comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭igglou

I recommend staying away from any of the smart phones from Nokia, the E's and the N's. I had a Nokia 6300 which worked perfectly and was a great phone but when I changed my contract I was entitled to a new phone so decided to get an E51. Unfortunately, I can't get my contacts to sync with the BMW bluetooth. I tried downloaded so software for an 800 model as recommended on anther site and this worked for a few days and then the phone kept dropping the connection every few seconds so I had to remove all connections and set it up again from scratch. I'm sorry I didn;t just get another 6300 as they are a great phone.

HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

Blackberry's work fine on the BMW bluetooth system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Dunno what your job is but if you would benefit from having a Blackberry for work then get one and it'll definitely work with the Bluetooth. I've had 3 of them all worked fine with BMW kit.

N95 I had with it didn't do the contacts sync but still worked - you just wouldn't know who was calling you when it came up on screen.

I'm sure anything newer would now be more likely to work with the software though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

Thanks for all the replies.

Yea, the 6300 is the only Nokia that shows full compatibility. Was looking for something higher spec but will stick with it if needs be just for car compatibility.

Has anyone got the i phone to work with BMW bluetooth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yes, I've got the I Phone 3G to work I also have the snap in adapter for it as well.

When it first came out it didn't work that well i.e. the connection would drop and not stay constant when you weren't using the phone but there must have been an I Phone update since that has fixed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

i have a Nokia e65 and it works fine, the only thing is i cannot transfer the contacts. seemingly this function isnt compatible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mollser320

nokia e51 pairs and i can use voice control - but no transfer of address book - otherwise very good connection.

samsung u600 - pairs, voice controla and transfers address book straight away - only problem was it asks for confirmation to connect everytime. rubbish phone in general so i got a new one....

sony ericsson w595 - connected straight away and picks it up when i get in car no problem. address book contacts didn't transfer straight away but i noticed the next day they had transferred.:)
    i read somewhere else that the bmw bluetooth is done by sony ericsson so that's why i chanced a new sony ericsson phone and it paid of, might be just fluke though

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Have an iPhone working well with my BMW and will never look back - highly recommended.

Plus should you decide to install an iPod kit, you'll get seamless integration with the car's audio system too.

Advertisement