Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motivation to lose a small amount of weight

• 19-04-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Okey dokey

I'm fairly ok weight wise but recently a few pounds have slipped on. Well, 7 of them to be precise. I've been upping the time I spend in the gym but it's not burning them and little new rolls of flab aren't shifting either.

I'm finding it really hard to stick to 2000 calories a day. Like REALLY hard, I find I end up starving by bedtime. So I gorge on food.

I'm within a healthy weight range but I don't want to just accept a little weight gain, I'd rather not grow out of my clothes. Is it because my weight is healthy that I'm finding it hard to lose the 7lbs?

Does anyone have any tips for it? I'm 8st 7lbs btw (BMI nearing 20, it normally sits around 18 or so, where I was happy for it to be)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm within a healthy weight range but I don't want to just accept a little weight gain, I'd rather not grow out of my clothes. Is it because my weight is healthy that I'm finding it hard to lose the 7lbs?
    A BMI of 18 is often considered underweight - I don't think it's particularly appropriate for me to be allowing anyone here to give advice on how to maintain that.

Our bodies generally have a 'set point weight' where it feels happiest - while htat may not be the most ideal figure for you aesthetically, it's just where your body feels happiest. That may be the reason why you aren't losing the weight you put on, maybe you needed to put it on to get to your set point. But with a BMI of 20 I'm quite sure you have a fantastic figure anyway - learn to love it (easier said than done, I know) and be thankful for your healthiness :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement