Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots down "there"

Options
  • 19-04-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hey everyone

Sorry to be crude but it is the fanny forum so here goes...

Anyone else get spots down there? I used to panic about them a bit but I presume they're normal enough. I mostly get them on the front bit but thats prob from bikini trimming.

I was at a gyno recently and he did a breast check. I also get spots on my chest like blocked pores. I asked him about it and he was quite rude. I said I have these small pores on my skin and I've had them since I was a teenager. just wondering if they're normal. He said "What do u mean pores? Is there something wrong with your nipples" - I said no and he said Ah it sounds alright then and didn't even examine me

So there ya go... just wanted to throw it out there. Anyone else come across things like this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Sounds like blocked pores alright. At times I get them on my nipples & they resemble whiteheads.
    Also waxing or shaving will cause them down below due to hairs growing back, but even if you don't shave or wax they can still occur.
    Exfoliating will help but it can still happen.
    The doctor should have been a bit more professional about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I would suggest you go back to our GP/Doc and ask him if he got his medical degree from the back of a cornflakes box, proceed to ask him the question again and make sure you dont leave till you got the information you need to make you comfortable with whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Can be ingrown hairs too which form spots. I don't think there's anything wrong with them but they are painful and really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

at the risk of every woman laughing at me.... would exfoliating help?

im male so i have no idea if ye can do that or not lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

lynsalot wrote: »
    Hey everyone

Sorry to be crude but it is the fanny forum so here goes...

Anyone else get spots down there? I used to panic about them a bit but I presume they're normal enough. I mostly get them on the front bit but thats prob from bikini trimming.

I was at a gyno recently and he did a breast check. I also get spots on my chest like blocked pores. I asked him about it and he was quite rude. I said I have these small pores on my skin and I've had them since I was a teenager. just wondering if they're normal. He said "What do u mean pores? Is there something wrong with your nipples" - I said no and he said Ah it sounds alright then and didn't even examine me

So there ya go... just wanted to throw it out there. Anyone else come across things like this??

Ingrown hairs can be the most painful things, I got a brazilian wax in January and I got three ingrown hairs, they decided to heal up only this month.
    They can resemble a spot, but there usually I.H. If you found them in the area where you shave then dont be too worried about it, they'll eventually go away:)

In relation to your blocked pores on your skin, and chest, this is pretty common too. What I advice is a good exfoliator or an exfoliator mitten, they make the skin smooth and get rid of any dead cells on the skin. Which will prevent spots on your chest.
    I hope this is useful:) xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

YEP, totally get them from waxing and shaving. they aint pretty!

YEP, totally get them from waxing and shaving. they aint pretty!

I wonder why we dont ask ourselves....''Why do we bother?''

I'm allergic to hair down there, but its so much effort, especially when its almost guaranteed you'll get something unsightly afterwards.

I wonder is there anything out there, that actually works?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

A beautician I used to go to recommended using an old toothbrush and just exfoliate the skin by moving the toothbrush in circular motions (it does sound a bit kinky :P)

But it does work, and when it does reduce the amount of spots and ingrown hairs I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I wonder why we dont ask ourselves....''Why do we bother?''

I'm allergic to hair down there, but its so much effort, especially when its almost guaranteed you'll get something unsightly afterwards.

I wonder is there anything out there, that actually works?!

I know!! My sister in law got laser done on her bikini line cos she was constantly get blocked pores form ingrown hairs and used to be in agony. Mine arent that bad but I still would prefer when I go to the effort of waxing that it doesnt look infected afterwards!

Dinkie wrote: »
    A beautician I used to go to recommended using an old toothbrush and just exfoliate the skin by moving the toothbrush in circular motions (it does sound a bit kinky :P)

But it does work, and when it does reduce the amount of spots and ingrown hairs I get!

Oh la la...sounds like fun!!!! :P

An interesting one to say the least, Im due a wax soon, so she advised you do it before and after??

• Advertisement

I know!! My sister in law got laser done on her bikini line cos she was constantly get blocked pores form ingrown hairs and used to be in agony. Mine arent that bad but I still would prefer when I go to the effort of waxing that it doesnt look infected afterwards!

Dixie has popped up again:)

Awh I know, it feels and looks great for a few days, then the god forbidden red spot appears and I feel like crying:( and waxing aint cheap either!!!
    Laser would kill!!! But if it works, then sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Oh la la...sounds like fun!!!! :P

An interesting one to say the least, Im due a wax soon, so she advised you do it before and after??

Just after I think - although I've started doing it every so often at this stage...

Dinkie wrote: »
    Just after I think - although I've started doing it every so often at this stage...

sure theres no harm in keepin it consistent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Things that look like spots on your nipple are generally not spots but glands which have filled with a lubricant that looks like a pimple. They are called Montgomery's Glands and are totally normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

ingrown hairs are minging but we all get them!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

An ex of mine used to use one of those mud pack concoctions for the face after a waxing in the region(can't remember which one I'm afraid). Swore by it as a method to help prevent blocked pores(and ingrowing hairs apparently). IIRC she left a day between the waxing and the face pack.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement