Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ais the Bash Documentary

Options
  • 19-04-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Just to let anyone that is interested know that this Tuesday at 10pm there will be a short documentary about Aisling Daly on Setanta Ireland as part of their Sports Matters series. The documentary (imaginatively entiled 'Ais the Bash' :)) followed Aisling as she prepared for her last fight against Tevi Say.

I should say that I produced the documentary for Setanta. A few weeks ago somebody in a different thread asked when it would air after seeing a promo on Setanta. So I'm just giving you all a heads up.

Aisling and John Kavanagh gave us great access so I hope you all enjoy it. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thanks for the heads up , looking forward to seeing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Here's some pics from a shoot to go along with the show, it's me and the presenter Ger Gilroy :D

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PhotoNbr=1&MemberId=205893435&PhotoAlbumId=10648156190

Number 5 is gas, very well chosen backdrop for the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Celticfire

1/2 page photo on the front page of today's Metro newspaper. Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Here is the story from the front page of today's Metro. I had no idea that there would be any press so I was pretty surprised when I picked up the paper this morning on the bus :)

image001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

On in hour guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Somebody please please put this up, I'm nowhere near a tv :(

Ais those photos are brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well done Ais, coming across very well indeed.

Great ad for the sport, almost makes me want to give it a go, except im much too lazy :D

You should be genuinely very proud about how well you came across here Ais.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

rovert wrote: »
    You should be genuinely very proud about how well you came across here Ais.

Absolutely, it's fantastic to see someone with a genuine talent getting media attention for a change. Ais did herself, her family and her sport proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

anyone got links for us that dont got the channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Thought Aisling came across really really well, no nerves or anything. All the answers were on the money, well thought out and articulate, especially the sponsorship one!

Well done, best of luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well done Ais, you did the sport and your country proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

All the answers were on the money, well thought out and articulate, especially the sponsorship one!.

Enjoyed it but she said she is not sponsored and i thought she was sponsored by Fight lord?! is that sponsor finished??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Thanks very much everyone, I was so nervous about everyone seeing it and how it would come across, glad you guys liked it anyway :D

I didn't mean I have no sponsorship it was hard for me to explain what I mean on the spot, I meant I have no financial sponsorship or backing.

Ray, Maeve and Vinnie at fightlord are always very good to be supplying me with gear and equipment which I really appreciate but they're a fairly new but growing company which wouldn't have the funds available to them to sponsor me to go and train in America or elsewhere abroad and I'd need some sort of financial sponsorship for that so I'll just keep looking.

Thanks again guys, if I have any way of getting it up online I will, but afaik it's repeated again on Sunday night on the same channel anyway.

Aisy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Congrats again Ais. The whole piece was put together very well and you did yourself proud with the way you handled yourself answering all manner of questions; from the very, very broad to the very specific.

Sincerely hope that it opens a few doors for you personally in lieu of some financial backing and a continued climb up the ladder. Also hope it helps to encourage more females to give the sport a go and to increase the overall awareness.

Keep fighting the good fight.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Glad to hear that you all liked it. I know a couple of ppl asked for the documentary to be put online, but I'd really prefer if nobody uploaded it to youtube or whatever. The reason being is that we are hoping that we can get it into film and documentary festivals both in Ireland and abroad. And most festivals prefer showing stuff that can't be readily seen on youtube.

It is repeated on Sunday at 6pm on Setanta Ireland if you missed it. And if anybody who doesn't have Setanta really wants to see it, drop me a PM and I'll try and get a dvd out to you. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That was great, well done Ais

Advertisement