Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 litre of Tesco premium cola for 7.70?!

• 19-04-2009 1:41am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In my local tesco (Stoneybatter) they are selling cola 2l bottle for 7 euro and 70 cents.
    Has anybody tried it and what does it taste like?

I did check with staff and they confirmed that it was correctly priced. They also confirmed that they have sold no bottles so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I havent heard of it but I would be tempted to buy it just for the price.It must be good.Although thats marketing for you(premium pricing).On second thought it probably tastes like sh.te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

It must be good for your teeth at €7.70!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have to buy it, just to see what will happen to my dirty 1,2 and 5c coins...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

There's a gourmet Pepsi you can get in some places. Tastes quite like Pepsi.

Can't imagine it being especially amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

WHAT:confused:

It must be 100% caffeine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

wonder if there's coca in the cola

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

What the hell? :confused:

And what brand is it? Is it actually Tesco Cola?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yep. It says Tesco Premium Quality Cole on the badge.

I'll try for photos during the week. For the kids like. Something they can lick and dream of.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is it (Tesco premium) cocaine?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'm sure I saw this before for €1 or similar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FairCity2009

Oh jesus dont touch it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Nothing on either tesco.ie or tesco.co.uk like it!

tesco_ie.jpg

tesco_uk.jpg

I'll try get over in the a.m for photos. Good pics Faith but it's not any of them, although it does look most like the diet one one the bottom right.
    7.70 for two litres. It says on the label 'Tesco premium cola'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Do please! I've googled it and found references to a Tesco Premium Cola, but it was at a normal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lol

A5ED0C9F366A4C7982DF2D1F27CEA657-500.jpg

What a SHOCKER!! So popped in brimming in cofidence. 'Gonna zstick it to the man!'. Only to be met with this abortion of a vista in Tesco. All gone and the tag gone and in place of the empty bottles there as you can see is a blank space but worse than that there is the label for Tesco Premium Cola at a very reasonable 1.20.

I investigated further. After two staff members that just looked blank at me I nabbed myself a more clued in (and authorative figure) who informed there was a bloop up and it was corrected by the weekend. I'm gutted. I bet it was lovely. It wouldn't taste the same for 1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

....so it was all a dream. :P

The-Rigger wrote: »
    ....so it was all a dream. :P

All a lovely, delightful dream.

I'm off now to find that water in Superquinn for 50 quid they were talking about on Newstalk. I'll have the camera with just in case it slips through the net again.

Mind you Fentiman's Curiousity (curious as to how it's popular) Cola is up in the biggish numbers. Give me Cadet any day of the week. F
    A far tastier and superior pop.

Now where did I leave my king size Rizlas, there's shopping to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sounds like it was a mistake, and unfortunately tesco do not give you the product free if the advertised price was higher than you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thread of the day! :)

Thanks

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Sounds like it was a mistake, and unfortunately tesco do not give you the product free if the advertised price was higher than you paid.

It was a mistake. No sounding like it. That's what it was.

Pay 7.70?! I was down at the 49c 2l cola end looking for a 49c 2l cola. I wasn't splashing out 7.70 when I'd already set my stall out in the low end.

Still looking for this 50 quid bottle of water though...that's gotta be real (and scrummy).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

My brother works in that tesco ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is it (Tesco premium) cocaine?
    Lol sounds like it!! :D

My brother works in that tesco ha

There's a tenner in it if he can bring me the tag. I'm usually perched in City Arms or Walshes. A tenner...you could nearly but one and a half bottles of expensive pop with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

humberklog wrote: »
    All a lovely, delightful dream.

I'm off now to find that water in Superquinn for 50 quid they were talking about on Newstalk. I'll have the camera with just in case it slips through the net again.

Mind you Fentiman's Curiousity (curious as to how it's popular) Cola is up in the biggish numbers. Give me Cadet any day of the week. F
    A far tastier and superior pop.

Now where did I leave my king size Rizlas, there's shopping to be done.

They had the €50 water in Blackrock, but it wasn't there the last few times I was there. They have one for €25 though and a few around €8-15. They're kept behind a plastic case.

Advertisement