Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry Ice???

• 19-04-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

First time coming across this part of Boards.ie andonly just getting interested once more in F1 after a few years hiatus. I used to love it, fell off it though as the Schumi (who I liked) dominance continued but it seems to be back to good racing now and I'm watching again! Looking forward to watching and taking part in the banter on this forum too about it!

Question as per the title of this thread - I'm seeing the teams put boxes of what looks like dry ice near the sidepods and on the front wings of the cars in the garages. What is this? Is it dry ice?! Is is just to keep things cool?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi guys,

First time coming across this part of Boards.ie andonly just getting interested once more in F1 after a few years hiatus. I used to love it, fell off it though as the Schumi (who I liked) dominance continued but it seems to be back to good racing now and I'm watching again! Looking forward to watching and taking part in the banter on this forum too about it!

Question as per the title of this thread - I'm seeing the teams put boxes of what looks like dry ice near the sidepods and on the front wings of the cars in the garages. What is this? Is it dry ice?! Is is just to keep things cool?

As far as I know it is dry ice, but it may be something else. Either way you're correct, it's just for cooling purposes. :)

BTW if you're planning to stay up a while stick on Sky Sports for some live NASCAR right now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's just dry ice, same as they've been using for years. No need to change something that works very well. It's the ideal source of cooling as it sublimes (no liquid to worry about). They'll have a fan there to generate cold airflow using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

amacachi wrote: »
    As far as I know it is dry ice, but it may be something else. Either way you're correct, it's just for cooling purposes. :)

BTW if you're planning to stay up a while stick on Sky Sports for some live NASCAR right now. :D

Never really liked NASCAR to be honest...could you imagine them trying to negotiate Monte Carlo haha!!!

I was waaaay too tired to stay up anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Never really liked NASCAR to be honest...could you imagine them trying to negotiate Monte Carlo haha!!!
    no, but i couldn't imagine a formula 1 team negotiating daytona 500 either. ;)

Advertisement