Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abtran jobs!!!!!!

Options
  • 19-04-2009 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Heard about abtran in cork advertising so called graduate level jobs in cork with a big hullabolo and fan fare along with cowen visiting the place. The jobs are customer service so what's the story, do we need a degree now to answer bloody phones , more **** talk as usual from RTE along with politicians trying to take the credit ........typical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

do we need a degree now to answer bloody phones

In the current job market, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I worked there a few years back, at that stage they couldn't get enough people and would have hired a trained monkey, provided the monkey had a decent enough phone manner. Now they can pick and choose who they hire so a lot of people will be over-qualified, I'd imagine if you'd experience they wouldn't require 3rd level education. Some of the campaigns aremore stressful then others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I'm surprised there isin't a bigger thread on Abtran, Cork
    (maybe there is, but boards.ie internal search is woeful, where is the google search gone?!)

It's hard to put your finger exactly what Abtran does, I mean to pull back the marketing curtain, is it a call centre, I mean if we were to be a fly on the wall would we see rows of desk with people ansering phones? If yes, then it's a call centre.

Yes there are 300 new jobs, but is this really a "knowledge economy" thing-a-mijig, it is insofar as you don't get your hands dirty but the positions don't require masters? they could be moved next month to English spealing Bangalore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

When they were interviewing the head honcho of the company the other morning and asked about the salary, he got himself tied up in knots. It was a bit cringey - would I be right in guessing the wages are a tad on the paltry side?

Advertisement