Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson vs Benitez thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    Of course. He loves an opportunity to talk about the champions.

Why wouldn't a manager talk about his own squad?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is it childish of me to want Rafa to get the same treatment as Fergie, and visa versa?

Is it childish of me to find it ridiculous that the same UTD fans who called Rafa borderline insane, and posted pictures of him in a straight jacket, now get offended with the suggestion that Fergie made a mistake?

Is it childish of me to find it offensive when UTD fans come into this thread, calling Torres a ladyboy, implying that I'm the same, and then post pictures of Mannuel as Rafa?

Is it childish of me to get annoyed at the blatent attempts by one or two UTD fans in this thread to get somebody banned, or the thread closed, as the weren't happy with it?
    Yes to all of the above. The main reason that all these people that you are so gallantly defending are not close friends or family.

It's one of the things in life that I really don't get. Why do people insist on getting offended on behalf of others?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yes to all of the above. The main reason that all these people that you are so gallantly defending are not close friends or family.

It's one of the things in life that I really don't get. Why do people insist on getting offended on behalf of others?

Not my close friend or family?!:confused:

You did read the part where I said that it was suggested I was a ladyboy right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Why would I be happy if you agreed with me.
    You don't even know what I think, but you know I'd be happy if you agreed with me.

I want one thing.
    Fair treatment from and for all parties.

Is it childish of me to want Rafa to get the same treatment as Fergie, and visa versa?

Is it childish of me to find it ridiculous that the same UTD fans who called Rafa borderline insane, and posted pictures of him in a straight jacket, now get offended with the suggestion that Fergie made a mistake?

Is it childish of me to find it offensive when UTD fans come into this thread, calling Torres a ladyboy, implying that I'm the same, and then post pictures of Mannuel as Rafa?

Is it childish of me to get annoyed at the blatent attempts by one or two UTD fans in this thread to get somebody banned, or the thread closed, as the weren't happy with it?

No, it's not childish.
    It's perfectly reasonable.

I reffered to Ferguson as "whiskey nose" (wrongly) a few days ago.
    I didn't mean anything malicious by it, but can see it was wrong.
    I was simply saying that Fergies attempt at mind games has cacused him to fall on his face.
    That's all Ive said all along.

Since then, I've had to sit here and endure some (obviously not all) posters insulting me, Liverpool players, Liverpools manager, and in homophobic and racialy steryeotyping ways no less.

But I've never gotten mad, or petty, and instead have just reported my oppinion on the matter.

And what happens?
    Somebody comes in, and states that the very fact that I'm postin in here means I'm childish.
    And that all I want is for you to agree with me.
    I couldn't care less if you agree with me.

I came in here to see what the UTD supporters would have to say.
    And unfortunately (with a few exceptions), I haven't been surprised.

Your missing my point completely. The fact that you want equality is fine. I agree with that.

The way in which you think equality is achieved " by having a go at fergie cos united fans had a go at rafa" is what is childish.

Fair treatment is all well and good but when the fair treatment is used as a cover to just have a pop at a club, its manager and fans then it becomes a farce.

again, this goes for both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not my close friend or family?!:confused:

You did read the part where I said that it was suggested I was a ladyboy right?
    Suggested, implied or actually said?

You are of course entitled to get offended if someone tries to sully your good name, but to get offended on behalf of somebody else? :confused:

CoachBoone wrote: »
    Your missing my point completely. The fact that you want equality is fine. I agree with that.

The way in which you think equality is achieved " by having a go at fergie cos united fans had a go at rafa" is what is childish.

Fair treatment is all well and good but when the fair treatment is used as a cover to just have a pop at a club, its manager and fans then it becomes a farce.

again, this goes for both sides.

Please look back over the thread and see where I had a go at Fergie.

I said that Fergies attempt messed up.
    And I said that it seems Fergie tried to bully Rafa in conjunction with Allardyce.

I've never gloated, or insulted Fergie.
    I've never tried to shove my oppinion down somebody elses throat.

I agree with what you said about getting personal or using this as an excuse to slag off another club.
    I simply said that (some, and to be honest it was a lot of) UTD fans went to such extremes of insults and unbridled slagging, that I can see why some Liverpool fans would get as bad at the first chance to strike back.

I haven't and the vast majority in here haven't.

To be honest we've been a bit shocked with the level of defense from one or two posters, and the bad way they went about doing so.

Please look back over the thread and see where I had a go at Fergie.

I said that Fergies attempt messed up.
    And I said that it seems Fergie tried to bully Rafa in conjunction with Allardyce.

I've never gloated, or insulted Fergie.
    I've never tried to shove my oppinion down somebody elses throat.

I agree with what you said about getting personal or using this as an excuse to slag off another club.
    I simply said that (some, and to be honest it was a lot of) UTD fans went to such extremes of insults and unbridled slagging, that I can see why some Liverpool fans would get as bad at the first chance to strike back.

I haven't and the vast majority in here haven't.

To be honest we've been a bit shocked with the level of defense from one or two posters, and the bad way they went about doing so.

Please look back over the thread and see where I said you specifically were childish.

The rest I agree with except I can't understand why a person who doesnt like something been done to them would do it to someone else. "a taste of your own medicine" is not the way forward, it is childish.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Suggested, implied or actually said?

You are of course entitled to get offended if someone tries to sully your good name, but to get offended on behalf of somebody else? :confused:

The post was deleted, along with those that led up to it.
    Better left that way.

I'm a sports fan, and I do take Liverpool way too seriously at times.
    I'm also a very argumentative person, and I find it hard to take when one group are held to one set of rules, while another are held to a different set.

Over this thread there was a lot of that.

More than anything else, myself and other Liverpool fans have found this whole thing funny.

It's a nice distraction for a week with no football.

Please look back over the thread and see where I said you specifically were childish.

The rest I agree with except I can't understand why a person who doesnt like something been done to them would do it to someone else. "a taste of your own medicine" is not the way forward, it is childish.

You call it childish, others call it human nature.
    Just because it's something that I wouldn't do, doesn't mean I'll dismiss it as childish.

If you annoy somebody enough, they will bite back.
    A lot of Liverpool fans have endured months of Rafa's cracked jibes, especially those with a lot of UTD friends.

If they did go overboard this last week, I don't agree with them, and I wouldn't do it myself, but I wouldn't write it off as childish and ignore the root cause.

If somebody is being childish, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them childish helps anything?

• Advertisement

If somebody is being childish, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them childish helps anything?

If somebody is being mature, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them mature helps anything?

If somebody is being angry, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them angry helps anything?

If somebody is being pathetic, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them pathetic helps anything?

If somebody is unhappy, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them unhappy helps anything?

Yes to ALL of the above. Well at least for normal, emotionally stable people anyway.

If somebody is being mature, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them mature helps anything?

If somebody is being angry, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them angry helps anything?

If somebody is being pathetic, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them pathetic helps anything?

If somebody is unhappy, do you think that numerous poeple coming in calling them unhappy helps anything?

Yes to ALL of the above. Well at least for normal, emotionally stable people anyway.

If someone is being childish, then they are acting like a child.
    Therefore, they will not respond well to being called a child.
    This make no sense to you?!

Do you expect them to suddenly change there personality and be mature and reasoned, because you, a stranger on the internet called them a child.

By definition, they're being childish!

But no, don't addreess the cause, just dish out baseless acusations.:rolleyes:

If someone is being childish, then they are acting like a child.
    Therefore, they will not respond well to being called a child.
    This make no sense to you?!

Do you expect them to suddenly change there personality and be mature and reasoned, because you, a stranger on the internet called them a child.

By definition, they're being childish!

But no, don't addreess the cause, just dish out baseless acusations.:rolleyes:

Just because they are being called childish does not mean they are a child. Being called childish does not mean they have a childish personality I am referring to a very specific set of events and a very specific subject when I call them childish I have made that clear a number of times.

Assuming that I am having a go at their whole personality and maturity levels just because of a thread in a football forum is a little sensationalist. I am and was simply stating that they way people are acting/posting in this thread in childish.

I understand with the emotions involved in following football that sometimes people act childish.

I am pointing this out. I dont expect them to change their childish ways on this matter only because of me, rather, the fact that a lot of people have said it. Introspection is a wonderful thing.

And I did address the cause, I referred to the "rafas cracking up" thing many a time. Just because United fans had a go at Rafa about his cracking up does in the way that they did not make it right for Liverpool fans to have a go a Fergie in the way that they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just because United fans had a go at Rafa about his cracking up does in the way that they did not make it right for Liverpool fans to have a go a Fergie in the way that they have.

sorry to butt in, but to be fair, Fergie's attempted bullying is more deserving of having a go at than Rafa's perceived 'cracking up'. we cannot possibly hold the two instances in the same regard sorry.

SlickRic wrote: »
    sorry to butt in, but to be fair, Fergie's attempted bullying is more deserving of having a go at than Rafa's perceived 'cracking up'. we cannot possibly hold the two instances in the same regard sorry.

But thats from a ridiculously biased view as a liverpool fan, and calling it bullying is ridiculous and makes it seem like it is much worse than what actually happened. You should be a tabloid journalist. He gave his opinion on an ambiguous shuffle that Rafa did after a goal, I personally dont agree with it but he wasnt trying to bully Rafa imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

35 pages :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

...in three days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

of re-circulating muck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

...of re-circulating muck........

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

But thats from a ridiculously biased view as a liverpool fan, and calling it bullying is ridiculous and makes it seem like it is much worse than what actually happened. You should be a tabloid journalist. He gave his opinion on an ambiguous shuffle that Rafa did after a goal, I personally dont agree with it but he wasnt trying to bully Rafa imo.

if it wasn't bullying, what the heck was it? he knew damn well it wasn't taunting Blackburn. no other motivation than to just be a numpty, and try ruffle some feathers becuase he's Fergie and he can.

nothing to do with tabloid journalism I'm afraid. he said what he said, and that's what we're going on.

and yes, 35 pages is far too long, of which i'm partly responsible for during the last 2 pages, but sure people can't help themselves :pac:

So....Hiddink and Wenger.

• Advertisement

So....Hiddink and Wenger.

Do you really want to start that all off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I reckon the Liverpool fans should start defending Ferguson and the Utd fans start defending Rafa. It'd be a wild journey, i reckon!!

A7X wrote: »
    Do you really want to start that all off?

Well it'd be better than talking about 'arry and Martin O'Neill.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

i have read the last two pages of this thread and i have to say having an argument over who is the most childish... I mean,where do i apply to get those wasted minutes of my life back.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    i have read the last two pages of this thread and i have to say having an argument over who is the most childish... I mean,where do i apply to get those wasted minutes of my life back.

Keep reading back, there's a link in there somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

no way man... i fell for that the last time.

Well it'd be better than talking about 'arry and Martin O'Neill.:P

With Mick comin up with Wolves, it would be great if Roy Keane was still managing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭xabi

I wonder what the average poster age in this thread is - not very high id say. What a load of crap.

A7X wrote: »
    With Mick comin up with Wolves, it would be great if Roy Keane was still managing. :)

Now that would have been great!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

FergusonGETTY_468x579.jpg

• Advertisement

Chong wrote: »

Oh no's!!! He's getting tired. Time to retire me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

:eek:
    Chong wrote: »

definitely needs to wipe his nose or at least get rid of the hair up there:eek:

Advertisement