Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson vs Benitez thread

Comments

This will all end in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

This will all end in tears.

You are probably correct there. But who willbe shedding the? Ferguson or the utd supporters who fail to recognise he has made a fool of himself along with his mate Allrdyce.

It is great to be a neutral on topics likethis. Benitez did have his say earlier in the season, but Ferguson has brought it to a new low with the "signing" of Allrdyce into his mind games team. Very childish by him IMO. I suppose that is what happens as you get older you revert to your childhood.

Anyway it is making for good entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ferguson and Allardyce have chosen to see something in Benitez's celebration that just wasn't there in my opinion.

...speaking of Sam Allardyce and managers does anyone else see the resemblance between Phil Brown and a meerkat?

phil-brown-tache.jpg

meerkat.jpg

Nunu wrote: »
    Ferguson and Allardyce have chosen to see something in Benitez's celebration that just wasn't there in my opinion.

...speaking of Sam Allardyce and managers does anyone else see the resemblance between Phil Brown and a meerkat?

phil-brown-tache.jpg

meerkat.jpg

Nunu, great to see a utd fan acknowledge they were wrong. What did poor Phil Brown ever do to you? Or are you trying to divert the attention of Ferguson;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hang on, he is not admitting that all fans are wrong, he has expressed the opinion that there was nothing disrespectful in the celebration. Don't go making more out of it than it is.

Hang on, he is not admitting that all fans are wrong, he has expressed the opinion that there was nothing disrespectful in the celebration. Don't go making more out of it than it is.

No not the fans, Ferguson and Allardyce. I would never accuse them of that.

KK, fair enough mate, was just trying to stop fights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

fergie hates liverpool/raffa etc so much he went out of his way to make sure the lads could wear the black arm bands at their away cl game.

he's a real sour fecker all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ntlbell wrote: »
    fergie hates liverpool/raffa etc so much he went out of his way to make sure the lads could wear the black arm bands at their away cl game.

that mr bell, has nothing to do with anything :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ah what? It was uefa who decided to get the players to wear the arm bands.

I thought that only a few of the Man U players wore the armband at the game. Was it not Rooney (who you would expect to wear them) and for some reason Ronaldo, or at least that is all I saw wearing them. Could have just missed it on other lads.

tok9 wrote: »

think it was Utd requested to wear them.

but its nothing to do with this conversation.
    I thought that only a few of the Man U players wore the armband at the game. Was it not Rooney (who you would expect to wear them) and for some reason Ronaldo, or at least that is all I saw wearing them. Could have just missed it on other lads.

nah man, think they were all wearing them, couldn't see it on some of them though as they had sleeves rolled up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Headshot wrote: »
    lolz all the way

may I remind people who started this

yap your right Rafa started this with his rant

actually no, ferguson started it with this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/107485-liverpool-will-feel-the-nerves-unlike-manchester-united

2 days later rafa responded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

rossie1977 wrote: »
    actually no, ferguson started it started with this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/107485-liverpool-will-feel-the-nerves-unlike-manchester-united

Lets not let what actually happened get in the way of things now..

tok9 wrote: »

they decided to "let" them after united put the request in no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    think it was Utd requested to wear them.
    Sorry i thought tyler said it during the match.. my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

This thread reminds me off the banking system and the toxic bank being set up in the counrty. This thread is the toxic bank and is taking the toxic assets out of the other threads and they are being stored here :D

yes, but again, its ZERO to do with this conversation.

I'd imagine if Ferguson popped his clogs tomorrow, there'd be black arm bands worn in Anfield. Doesn't mean he is popular there. Similiarly, David Moyes got a standing ovation when arriving at the Hillsborough memorial the other day, doesn't mean he is loved there. Somethings are more important than football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

rossie1977 wrote: »
    actually no, ferguson started it started with this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/107485-liverpool-will-feel-the-nerves-unlike-manchester-united

There was very little to what Fergie said in that, no real venom. The Rafa Rant on the other hand........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i actually cant believe you're even remotely mentioning this as some great mark of respect by Ferguson!

It would have been beyond a disgrace if on the anniversary of Hillsborough, an event where 96 people from litertally half an hour down the road, Manchester United didn't go some way towards acknowledging it. It wasn't just a Liverpool tragedy it was an English tragedy, and you can be absolutely certain that a lot of Manchester families would have been deeply affected by it, just as how if something of that magnitude were to happen in Dublin, a lot of those mourned would have family and friends in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Back on topic, I don't think either Ferguson or Benitez can come out of this seasons squabbling with much credit. The only thing that will decide who has the upper hand is the amount of trophies in the cabinet at the end of the seaosn. Everything else doesn't really matter.

deisedevil wrote: »
    There was very little to what Fergie said in that, no real venom. The Rafa Rant on the other hand........

Now this sums it up.

There was very little in the Ferguson thing then Benitez goes off on one.

Some months later, a few small gestures at a Liverpool v Blackburn match and Ferguson is offended, goes and enlists the poor offended Blackburn manager and proceeds with a dual pronged attack on Benitez.

Do you not see the irony in your post?

The Rafa Rant on the other hand........

Was based 100% on perceived injustices carried out by officials who are scared of Ferguson....most people agree with the success Ferguson has had & the amount of time at a top club, he is afforded a greater level of lee-way by the FA & officials who are scared of him. What Benitez said may or may not have been correct, most think it had a lot of truth in it, Utd fans think it had no truth in it, it doesnt really matter tbh.

But Mr Fergusons, was a personal attack on Benitez the man. insulting him with petty name calling & questioning his mental health.

Somethings are more important than football.

Correct Jim, Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

This thread is going nowhere fast. Oh well..

thegen wrote: »
    Now this sums it up.

There was very little in the Ferguson thing then Benitez goes off on one.

Some months later, a few small gestures at a Liverpool v Blackburn match and Ferguson is offended, goes and enlists the poor offended Blackburn manager and proceeds with a dual pronged attack on Benitez.

Do you not see the irony in your post?

No I don't! Where's the bloody irony?

I think Fergie's rant was nothing more than trying to wind up Benitez and Liverpool in general and it worked, you only have to look in this forum to know that. Did you think that I agreed with what Fergie said is it? I don't and I think if he was honest he'd say himself that it wasn't that big a deal what Rafa did.

So where's the irony now? You assumed wrongly that I agreed with what Fergies said and you know what they say about assumptions....

What's the big deal anyways. Fergie is obviously trying to wind up Benitez and Liverpool in general and it's worked, you lot are up in arms over it.

Laugh at it and see it for what it is and don't make such a bloody big deal about it.

No I don't! Where's the bloody irony?

I think Fergie's rant was nothing more than trying to wind up Benitez and Liverpool in general and it worked, you only have to look in this forum to know that. Did you think that I agreed with what Fergie said is it? I don't and I think if he was honest he'd say himself that it wasn't that big a deal what Rafa did.

So where's the irony now? You assumed wrongly that I agreed with what Fergies said and you know what they say about assumptions....

What's the big deal anyways. Fergie is obviously trying to wind up Benitez and Liverpool in general and it's worked, you lot are up in arms over it.

Laugh at it and see it for what it is and don't make such a bloody big deal about it.

Sorry if i misunderstood your stance. BTW im not a Liverpool supporter, Im a neutral, just like the banter in the Liverpool and Utd forums.

I feel Ferguson has wound the Liverpool supporters up more than Benitez though. He seems to be holding fire this time. I was not around for the Benitez rant, how much debate did it generate with utd fans

thegen wrote: »
    Sorry if i misunderstood your stance. BTW im not a Liverpool supporter, Im a neutral, just like the banter in the Liverpool and Utd forums.

I feel Ferguson has wound the Liverpool supporters up more than Benitez though. He seems to be holding fire this time. I was not around for the Benitez rant, how much debate did it generate with utd fans

Sorry, forgot your not a Pool fan.

To be honest when Rafa had his rant I was in bits laughing at it. Couldn't believe he went to the bother of it and friends at home were all taking the piss out of him on the back of it. But were we annoyed and appaled over it, god no. It was just Rafa's feeble attempt at upsetting Man U and it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think this is much worse behaviour as he co-oped another manager into his low cunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

hahah

People point out Ferguson/Allardyce/Benitez and whoever else have embarrassed themselves, then proceed to have a childish argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Ah remember the days......

2 teams , 2 sets of fans , 1 game of football ,
    1 team won and were treated as Heroes ,Superstars.... Gods even ,
    1 team lost and were treated as Wasters , over-paid Tossers....Antichrists even. (Feelings that lasted at less a week .)
    1 set of fans got to abuse and take the piss out of the other set of fans because it was their God given right as the winners.

Ahhh well ,

mike65 wrote: »
    I think this is much worse behaviour as he co-oped another manager into his low cunning.

Lol, how do you know he did though. Sam came out with his take on it first and the Fergie added to it later. I think he just spotted an opportunity for a bit of mischief tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah they are old boys act, the timing and the points made were coordinated and Sam may be "Big" but is small in the presence of Fergie.

Unearthly wrote: »
    hahah

People point out Ferguson/Allardyce/Benitez and whoever else have embarrassed themselves, then proceed to have a childish argument.

Yep, it was funny at the start seeing the Pool fans get wound up about it but seeing them actually get so bothered about it is beyond belief.

i think you'll find that pool fans aren't "worked up" over it, most seem to just think its good that Ferguson is obviously so rattled by Rafa by he is resorting to such nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seriously who gives a flying f*ck. I laughed my ass off when Rafa went on his facts speech. I also laughed my ass off when Fergie starter waffling about nothing joined with big Sam. Stop over analyzing nothing, it's a sunny day out and I'm stuck in work reading about this nonsense, get out and enjoy the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i think you'll find that pool fans aren't "worked up" over it, most seem to just think its good that Ferguson is obviously so rattled by Rafa by he is resorting to such nonsense.

Alan

you came in the utd thread yesterday and was really worked up about it so I think your kidding yourself

Headshot

I came into the Utd thread & pointed out why it was a stupid thing for him to say is all.

Not worked up, i've been having a great laugh about it over the last couple of days.

RasTa wrote: »
    Seriously who gives a flying f*ck. I laughed my ass off when Rafa went on his facts speech. I also laughed my ass off when Fergie starter waffling about nothing joined with big Sam. Stop over analyzing nothing, it's a sunny day out and I'm stuck in work reading about this nonsense, get out and enjoy the weather.

The voice of reason! Well said.

• Advertisement

Alan

you came in the utd thread yesterday and was really worked up about it so I think your kidding yourself

Ya did Alan in fairness. You were getting seriously upset over it and twas obvious that Boggles and Headshot and the like were going along with it getting a mighty rise outta ya. Twas quite amusing.

Headshot

I came into the Utd thread & pointed out why it was a stupid thing for him to say is all.

Not worked up, i've been having a great laugh about it over the last couple of days.

your hardly ever in the utd thread tbf and it seem to me you were really worked up about it

a couple of pages in the utd thread dedicated to your fixation of Sir Alex ;)

your hardly ever in the utd thread tbf and it seem to me you were really worked up about it

are you taking the mick? I used to be one of the top posters in there, tis a general football forum & i like to do my bit throughout the lot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Evertonians love Benitez, the place would be far less boring without his goofery.

His snide remark about Everton was quite funny in retrospective, knocking them out of the cup and they will find themselves without a trophy and another barren season.

Karma is what its called.

But some managers in the prem are total n0bs. The type who defend their team after getting wellied off the pitch or make up lame excuses.

I am a fan of managers like Steve bruce, who has done a great job at wigan by all accounts, also Hodgson has done about his business with no fuss and is an honest chap. Stokes manager also doesn't cut corners and speaks the truth, if his team played **** [which is quite a lot] he says so after wards.

Moyes also doesn't give bs comments, if Everton had a bad game, you wont hear him making up lame excuses. Its not as if the people who watched the game are blind anyway is it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

whens the fight?
    is fergie in shape? hes pretty old to be fighting like.

anyone not think this is a bit cruel?

are you taking the mick? I used to be one of the top posters in there, tis a general football forum & i like to do my bit throughout the lot :)

havent seen you a while in there thats all :)

• Advertisement

His snide remark about Everton was quite funny in retrospective.

i agree.
    "When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow and compact and at times we were a little bit nervous"

It was quite funny watching Evertons reaction to such a nothing comment. Public statements by the club, Moyes fuming, Evertonians still going on about it 3 years later.....it was more than funny, it was downright hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Evertonians love Benitez, the place would be far less boring without his goofery.

His snide remark about Everton was quite funny in retrospective, knocking them out of the cup and they will find themselves without a trophy and another barren season.

Karma is what its called.

But some managers in the prem are total n0bs. The type who defend their team after getting wellied off the pitch or make up lame excuses.

I am a fan of managers like Steve bruce, who has done a great job at wigan by all accounts, also Hodgson has done about his business with no fuss and is an honest chap. Stokes manager also doesn't cut corners and speaks the truth, if his team played **** [which is quite a lot] he says so after wards.

Moyes also doesn't give bs comments, if Everton had a bad game, you wont hear him making up lame excuses. Its not as if the people who watched the game are blind anyway is it.
    This coming from a supporter of a club who's best moment of the season was when Gerrard went off injured in a game against them. To be perfectly honest Rafa said "when smaller teams"..not.. "a small team" but TBH i wish he's said the latter and not the former. You have to laugh sometimes.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The best part of all this is how desperate the UTD fans are getting to make up angles of how this is great and genius from Ferguson.

Suddenly we're all "worked up".

How ridiculous a statement is that.

The last two days in the Liverpool thread, has been Liverpool fans laughing at Fergie non-stop.

The last two days on all the Liverpool only sites IrishKop, RAWK, etc, has been Liverpool fans laughing at Fergie.

We're not getting worked up in the slightest.

We're laughing our heads off at the sheer idiocy of Ferguson, and how spectacularly it's after blowing up in his face.

I can't go 2 pages on a Liverpool thread without somebody pointing out how much Ferguson looked like David Brent in the office.

Of course UTD fans, cause hey need to think that they've gained something from Fergies blunder, are just making stuff up.
    But then, making stuff up seems to be in fashion in Old Trafford at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce had a drink with Liverpool No 2 Sammy Lee after his side’s 4-0 defeat at Anfield last weekend without mentioning that he had been offended by a gesture from Rafa Benitez.

The conversation over a couple of beers casts doubt over Allardyce’s claim that he was humiliated by Benitez after Fernando Torres scored Liverpool’s second goal.

The Blackburn manager claimed on Friday he had tried to seek out Benitez for an explanation. He said: ‘I was hugely disappointed by those gestures. I think they were disrespectful and quite humiliating. The feeling was that he had written us off. It was open arms and then a crossover of the arms as if to suggest that was it.’

Benitez insists it was a humorous sign towards his players after they had scored a goal despite ignoring his instruction from the touchline.

A source said: ‘Sam said some pretty strong stuff on Friday and so did Sir Alex Ferguson. But after the game itself, Sam had a long chat with Sammy Lee over a couple of beers but didn’t say anything about any signals.

‘He and Sammy go back a long way and Sammy worked for him at Bolton so it’s surprising that if Sam had a grievance he wouldn’t even mention it.’

:D

fergie needs a shrink.

Big Sam could do with shrinking too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement