Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson vs Benitez thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

rarnes1 wrote: »
    fergie needs a shrink.

Big Sam could do with shrinking too.

Are you sure its a shrink he needs, just watched him on ITV beng interviewed, did not look well at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

motivator5592891.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

The best part of all this is how desperate the UTD fans are getting to make up angles of how this is great and genius from Ferguson.

Suddenly we're all "worked up".

How ridiculous a statement is that.

The last two days in the Liverpool thread, has been Liverpool fans laughing at Fergie non-stop.

The last two days on all the Liverpool only sites IrishKop, RAWK, etc, has been Liverpool fans laughing at Fergie.

We're not getting worked up in the slightest.

We're laughing our heads off at the sheer idiocy of Ferguson, and how spectacularly it's after blowing up in his face.

I can't go 2 pages on a Liverpool thread without somebody pointing out how much Ferguson looked like David Brent in the office.

Of course UTD fans, cause hey need to think that they've gained something from Fergies blunder, are just making stuff up.
    But then, making stuff up seems to be in fashion in Old Trafford at the moment.

At the end of the season you will find that Man U will have added to their impressive trophy haul, and Liverpool. well......erm

At the end of the season you will find that Man U will have added to their impressive trophy haul, and Liverpool. well......erm

and Everton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

rarnes1 wrote: »
    and Everton?

We never blab about winning anything

thats because ye generally dont win anything !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

His snide remark about Everton was quite funny in retrospective,

I still don't accept that it was actually a snide remark. In countless interviews he has said that his biggest regret from his early years was not getting English lessons and ultimately not having a better grasp of English in general.

Even in a interview this week with Guillem Ballaque, Rafa refers to a number examples of him using the the wrong word or mispronouncing the correct word when talking to players and basically has a good laugh at himself about it.

When someone with a limited grasp of a language, as he did back then, uses a word that you can infer a number of meanings from, you generally give them the benefit of the doubt.

Ferguson bringing up the "smaller club" thing, making an issue out of nothing from the Blackburn match and discussing Rafa wanting more control over transfers is pretty petty and will ultimately prove pointless.

Speaking personally, the notion that AF is the master of mind games drives me insane as the only real example is the overaly emotional Kevin Keegan.

As much as I want Liverpool to win the league for football reasons, I would take great plessure in the fact that this mind game crap could be permanently put to bed, once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You seem to prefer moral victories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

d'oh wrong thread, too many tabs open!

OT, was a bit surprised not a word was mentioned about AF's rant before the match when they spoke to him

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    is it just me or does Anderson look like he's crying a lot of the time? I know he's not obviously, and i quite like him as a player, just something i keep noticing when the camera zooms in on him.

he's camera shy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Anyone read the The Star this morning? Once again Cathal Dervan is not afraid to show his true colours; he is the only journalist/pundit that I have seen refer to Fergie's delusional rant as something that wasn't ridiculous and petty. He also described it as perfectly "timed". Thanks for the laugh Cathal.:D

"Crack"

:cool:

No, ye just release a DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

motivator5592891.jpg

Worth quoting this after the Everton game i feel. if indeed the reason for Fergies rant was to take attention of Riley & Moyes comments in order to benefit his team today, i believe its mission failed for Mr Ferguson.

And Ferguson showed with his team selection today what he is really worried about & without doubt its Liverpool in the league.

Also, seeing as Fergie was so offended by Rafa's sopposed insult to Everton 3 years ago that he felt the need to mention it, was he not insulting the Toffies by playing a team of kids against them in the FA Cup semi-final?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Should this thread not be renamed the 'Let's bash Sir Alex thread'? That's all that it appears to be from what I can see.

Just quoting this from the Liverpool thread.
    Daysha wrote: »
    So eh....yeah...spot the difference?

rafaactuallycelebratesg.gif

21o4rjs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Should this thread not be renamed the 'Let's bash Sir Alex thread'? That's all that it appears to be from what I can see.

exactly

Ferguson showing himself up again by not giving an interview after the game.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sir Alex.

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just quoting this from the Liverpool thread.

If you cant see the difference then you really are blinded by bias and I can't help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Liam O wrote: »
    If you cant see the difference then you really are blinded by bias and I can't help you

I'm the one that posted it in the Liverpool forum......and I'm a United fan. Even I can see why it could give their supporters a bit of a chuckle.

Still blinded my bias yeah? :rolleyes:

Headshot wrote: »
    exactly

Unlike the "Rafa Rant" thread where UTD fans were perfectly reasonable and fair minded.

No banners and t-shirts at Old Trafford about Rafa Cracking.

No UTD fans masturbating to videos of Rafa?

Grow up.

thegen wrote: »
    Ferguson showing himself up again by not giving an interview after the game.

God no he is too important..... :rolleyes:

Liam O wrote: »

Oh I can see the difference.

One is the Liverpool manager mocking himself to his players.
    The other is the UTD manager one step off having a stroke while shouting at the match official!

• Advertisement

Are we allowed to be that blatant :D

In fairness, he effectively brought the attention on himself by his absurd accusation.

Unlike the "Rafa Rant" thread where UTD fans were perfectly reasonable and fair minded.

Grow up.

So what, this is your way of 'getting back' at us eh? Your comments don't strike me as very mature to be honest.

Liverpool fans foam at the mouth whenever there is criticism towards Rafa so why is this thread, which is little more than open season on Sir Alex, allowed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grow up.

Watching Setanta sports news today before the game when they interviewed boths sets of fans.
    What did the silly manc fans sing?
    "rafas cracking up" to the tones of footballs coming home :rolleyes:
    I mean LMFAO what sort of idiots were they? I thought they were playing Everton?

Like SOME of manc fans they are obsessed with Rafa and pool because Pool are threatening them for first ime in so many years and they cant deal with it any other way.

So what, this is your way of 'getting back' at us eh? Your comments don't strike me as very mature to be honest.

Liverpool fans foam at the mouth whenever there is criticism towards Rafa so why is this thread, which is little more than open season on Sir Alex, allowed?

My comments don't strike you as mature?

Your manager calls up his best friend and asks him to help him bully another manager. (aparantly)
    And you try to defend him blindly.

Yeah, have fun with that.

It was started by a neutral?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Your manager calls up his best friend and asks him to help him bully another manager.

You have proof of this Karmafaerie, I thought that bugging bill the government introduced during the week wasn't fully passed yet? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Lol at ferguson not giving interview after any game they beat in.

so why is this thread, which is little more than open season on Sir Alex, allowed?

because it was opened by a regular excellent poster who found the topic being discussed in two threads hard to follow & he was right.

believe it or not, two managers (one of whom is the most successful around) ganging up on someone in a blatant attempt to bully them is something people want to discuss. Especially when the accusations are so laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Worth quoting this after the Everton game i feel. if indeed the reason for Fergies rant was to take attention of Riley & Moyes comments in order to benefit his team today, i believe its mission failed for Mr Ferguson.

And Ferguson showed with his team selection today what he is really worried about & without doubt its Liverpool in the league.

I think it's fair to say over the last 17 years, regardless of who's vying for the title with us, Fergie's always prioritized it. It's got nothing to do with Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Boggles wrote: »
    You have proof of this Karmafaerie, I thought that bugging bill the government introduced during the week wasn't fully passed yet? :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's just a coincidence that nearly a week after the supposed incident without a peep from anyone about it two managers who are known to be mates come out with the same accusations on the same day at almost the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Highsider wrote: »
    Lol at ferguson not giving interview after any game they beat in.

LOL is this true?
    How many times is it now?

Good luck to the diehards trying to defend him this weekend - hilarious at best.

Your manager calls up his best friend and asks him to help him bully another manager. (aparantly)

I don't consider it bullying to raise something that's on your mind. If that's bullying then Rafa is the Nelson Muntz of Premiership managers.

Your comments don't strike me as mature because it's essentially been admitted by Liverpool fans that this thread is one great big way of having a dig at United's manager.

This is a sensible thread in what way exactly?

That's why I put apparantly on there straight away.
    (Before you posted this I may add, but I'd imagine you missed it while posting)

But little things like Big Sam not mentioning in to Little Sam when they went for a drink is pretty damning.

no one will be able to provide proof as you well know, but its a coincidence do you not think? when it came out on the day Utd fans were fairly sure it was a planned thing between the two friends. Sam is obviously doing his bit to brown nose Ferguson considering the last few weeks have seen a couple of unprovoked attacks from him on rafa, stating he was an idiot for trying to take on the mighty Mr Ferguson :rolleyes:

Sam had no issue on the day of the game, didnt mention it in his post match interview on the day nor when he spent time with Sammy Lee after the game catching up.

Sam also said that "i waited around his office for him to show up, but as usual he didn't arrive", or some such

well sam, if its usual that he is not at his office after a game.......why were you handing around expecting him there then?! strange.

then nearly a week later within a couple of hours they are both talking about it in their press conferences-and the respective rants, were not in response to journalists questions. Ferguson was talking about Everton as he should have been when he calmly slipped into rant mode.

because it was opened by a regular excellent poster who found the topic being discussed in two threads hard to follow & he was right.

believe it or not, two managers (one of whom is the most successful around) ganging up on someone in a blatant attempt to bully them is something people want to discuss. Especially when the accusations are so laughable.

This is the regular excellent poster who claims to be a neutral yet his opening post is a rant against United's boss (and in the other thread he referred to him as a 'tyrant').

This thread is for the ABUs to come together and insult United fans and their manager.

The equivalent towards Liverpool fnas would have been locked long ago and you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

That's why I put apparantly on there straight away.
    (Before you posted this I may add, but I'd imagine you missed it while posting)

But little things like Big Sam not mentioning in to Little Sam when they went for a drink is pretty damning.

Using the word appartently doesn't make it any less of a complete bullshít thing to say.

I don't consider it bullying to raise something that's on your mind. If that's bullying then Rafa is the Nelson Muntz of Premiership managers.

Your comments don't strike me as mature because it's essentially been admitted by Liverpool fans that this thread is one great big way of having a dig at United's manager.

This is a sensible thread in what way exactly?

No it's not.

It's admitted by Liverpool fans that it's beyond ridiculous for UTD fans to complain about Fergie getting a hard time after his attempted mindgames caused him to fall flat on his face, after UTD fans made banners, t-shirts, chants, as well as taking over message boards all over the world insulting Rafa.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.....

Ye've made ye're bed.....

You can't bake your cake and eat it too.....

Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.....

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.....

Shall I go on?!!

This is the regular excellent poster who claims to be a neutral yet his opening post is a rant against United's boss (and in the other thread he referred to him as a 'tyrant').

This thread is for the ABUs to come together and insult United fans and their manager.

The equivalent towards Liverpool fnas would have been locked long ago and you know it.

really? you must have missed the numerous threads over the last while on rotation/should rafa be sacked/zonal marking/rafas rant etc that were not locked.

It wasn't!:rolleyes:

It went on for months.

It was still going up untill 14th of May, when it stopped for some reason.

No it's not.

It's admitted by Liverpool fans that it's beyond ridiculous for UTD fans to complain about Fergie getting a hard time after his attempted mindgames caused him to fall flat on his face, after UTD fans made banners, t-shirts, chants, as well as taking over message boards all over the world insulting Rafa.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.....

Ye've made ye're bed.....

You can't bake your cake and eat it too.....

Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.....

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.....

Shall I go on?!!

It seems to me that some fans have worked themselves up so much that they can't even look at this calmly and see that we have a disparity between how United fans are lambasted for anything negative said about Rafa, and yet how negative comments about SAF not only are allowed but are encouraged.

The response of Liverpool fans has been, 'ah well yous all started it.'

This is a mature response to the inconsistency, how exactly? I've reported a post on this thread, as well as the thread itself, and I hope a mod can explain to me how this thread warrants being on the board as a sensible thread topic.

It is nothing more than an excuse to bash United fans and our manager.

Shall you go on? I'm sure you will but I'm done with this joke of a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

really? you must have missed the numerous threads over the last while on rotation/should rafa be sacked/zonal marking/rafas rant etc that were not locked.

That's because most of the fans calling for Rafa to be sacked were Pool fans.

I think the bottom line here is that Ferguson has not covered himself in glory in the last couple of days.

This is not Fergie bashing. These are things he has done. Benitez has been quiet, which is just as well for him.

Ferguson goes off on one about Benitez with a little help from his friend

He talks about respect not shown to Everton then fiels a weakened team

He then declines to give an interview. Thats an insult to all football fans that would have liked to hear his views on the penalty incident and his views on his young lads performance, which was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It is allowed because I say it is.
    it's essentially been admitted by Liverpool fans that this thread is one great big way of having a dig at United's manager.

He is immune from criticism because? Rafa has been getting pelters from United fans for months, yet the first sign of SAF getting anything back and suddenly we should be closing threads? Ferguson brought this upon himself.

The equivalent went on in the team superthreads this weekend and ruined those threads for the grown ups who are capable of discussion without thumbing their noses at each other and saying their rival smells.

If this thread does nothing it concentrates all of the muppetry that has gone on since SAF and Allardyce launched their two-pronged attack on Rafa in the one place, and saves quite a few posters (from both sides of the divide) from themselves.

Now a warning: if I see any spill over of this childish sh1te into other threads I will be dishing out long bans from the forum.

Also, any further discussion of why this thread exists in the first place will be deleted, and repeat offenders infracted or banned. Problems with moderation can be taken to the Feedback forum.

It seems to me that some fans have worked themselves up so much that they can't even look at this calmly and see that we have a disparity between how United fans are lambasted for anything negative said about Rafa, and yet how negative comments about SAF not only are allowed but are encouraged.

The response of Liverpool fans has been, 'ah well yous all started it.'

This is a mature response to the inconsistency, how exactly? I've reported a post on this thread, as well as the thread itself, and I hope a mod can explain to me how this thread warrants being on the board as a sensible thread topic.

It is nothing more than an excuse to bash United fans and our manager.

Shall you go on? I'm sure you will but I'm done with this joke of a thread.

And will take your ball home with you too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

lol at utd fans getting their knickers in a twist over ferguson making a big baby of himself along with big sam.

Advertisement