Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson vs Benitez thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mean-girls.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ill have to give rafa credit anyway some man for the rants

2vnjf42.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Oh my word, it is quite remarkable how much Boggles & Headshot are embarrasing themselves in this thread.

Me thinks its a ploy to get the thread locked so the discussion of Mr Ferguson and Rafa cannot continue. I would implore the mods not to take this course of action.

Also Headshot,i really thought better of you and am still waiting some sort of clarification in regards to your comments yesterday & subsequent post that was quoted from the time of Rafas "rant"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Headshot wrote: »
    just shows the pressure is getting rafa if he need needs an advisor

Any chance of answering my question?

Also, I like your tactic of resorting to stupid pictures when the argument is lost to you.

Well done.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

who said Kenny is coming in to advise Kenny? His main remit is going to be Youth development, so stop trying to stir sh*t. I expect that kind of rubbish from Boggles. You can seem half sensible and reasoned at times, i obviously misjudged.

Can we have some neutral fans in here please to tell us once and for all what everyone (Liverpool fans, United fans deep down, the media . . .) is thinking - Ferguson is a great manager, he will probably win the league this year, but:

- he's made a complete ass of himself in the last week
    - he's a complete hypocrite who constantly brings the game into disrepute
    - he's let Rafa get under his skin. The press were laughing at Rafa two months ago. They are mocking Fergie now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

5starpool wrote: »
    Your point was that Liverpool have not won the league since 1990, and you were patheticially trying to forget lots of convenient things to get a dig in.

I thought I might correct you.

I am enjoying this thread now by the way, as it is an argument that Ferguson supporters cannot win as he was indisputibly in the wrong from any neutrals point of view.

The 'dig' was that your fans have been saying that it's 'our season' for the last 18 years and yet nothing happened. You decided to list seasons where United didn't win in i.e. missing the point

Also, I like your tactic of resorting to stupid pictures when the argument is lost to you.

That Mean Girls picture is hilarious!

Any chance of answering my question?

Well done.

/thread

:confused: you haven't heard about Daglish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Mr Alan wrote: »
    1: so Rafa is not allowed respond to Ferguson slating his transfer targets etc? see this is the mindset that has Utd fans so messed up. repeat after me....Ferguson is not a law unto himself!

2: are you joking, you've got that totally the wrong way around. Rafa has always been respectful of Ferguson and his achievements. even on the day of his "rant" iirc he spoke of the respect he has for him. he then proceeded to speak about football things, officiating, the FA, the respect campaign etc etc.

Ferguson called Rafa arrogant and said he was mentally disturbed.

And Fergusons rant the other day was not in response to the media. he was talking about Everton and the upcoming FA cup match, the then himself without prompting from the journalists brought up the small club jibe rafa made a number of years ago, and again continued on about Rafa arrogance before talking about teh disdain he showed big sam....none of it was interupted by journalists.

so basically, everything you said there in your post...well, the opposite is actually true.

Never once did I say he wasn't allowed to respond. It's in the way he did. All he had to do was come out and say something to disregard what Fergie said not all the other stuff. That is imo. Of course Pool fans would love to see someone come out and have a go at Fergie. I just thought Rafa was doing it to soon.

Like I said I agree with you in all the stuff Fergie has come out and said recently.

But like I said Rafa brought it up a notch when the "rant" came out so that is why I see that he made it the way it is now. IMO

So basically, everything I said was... well misinterpreted by you.

Boggles wrote: »
    That Mean Girls picture is hilarious!

it's about as funny as the film is.

But hey, when the words aren't working, you go right ahead and use gimmicky images.

• Advertisement

who said Kenny is coming in to advise Kenny? His main remit is going to be Youth development, so stop trying to stir sh*t. I expect that kind of rubbish from Boggles. You can seem half sensible and reasoned at times, i obviously misjudged.

Can we have some neutral fans in here please to tell us once and for all what everyone (Liverpool fans, United fans deep down, the media . . .) is thinking - Ferguson is a great manager, he will probably win the league this year, but:

- he's let Rafa get under his skin. The press were laughing at Rafa two months ago. They are mocking Fergie now.

you could easily switch the names there, I'm not saying Fergie is a saint, but get over yourselves, Rafa isn't God's gift to football

it's about as funny as the film is.

You've seen the film? :eek:

Liam O wrote: »

I'd imagine every Liverpool fan has, we've been crying out for him to have a roll at the club for years, its about time.

You've seen the film? :eek:

of course i have. Tina Fey's in it.

He is coming in to oversee youth development and will not have a role involving input into the first team according to all reports I have seen.

Makes the point even worse.

At least spell the great mans name correctly

United fans mocking Dalglish's role at the club are just making further idiots of themselves. Ha, ha, ha. Rafa's so f*cking dumb he needs help. Fergie, on the other hand is completely omnipotent; Queiroz, Kidd, McLaren all done nothing at the club. Anyone who thinks Queiroz didn't have a massive influence on Ferguson is kidding themselves. He almost certainly advised him on a daily basis

A7X wrote: »
    So basically, everything I said was... well misinterpreted by you.

so you didnt say that Fergies rant was in response to media questions?

you didn't say that Ferguson's rant was not malicious?

you didn't imply that Rafa's were?

the below quote would indicate you did. all of which is untrue, and in fact, the total opposite. only one rant was malicious & it wasn't Rafas.
    A7X wrote: »
    Fergie was commenting on some things that really werent his buisness, but as far as I can see they weren't malicious and from what I can guess were in response to questions from the press, Rafa's weren't.

you see iv enough of jibes at Sir Alex so im leaving my sensible-side ..aside

you know why we cant get neutral fans in here and why alot of them are leaving the SF because of the man utd - liverpool consistent bashing
    I have contributed to the plague myself tbf ...but it seems that alot of liverpool fans doing there best to lock man utd match day threads these days

I can see the forum being locked soon enough

• Advertisement

Headshot, why do you keep ignoring my point about your unbelievable hypocricy over this whole affair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Right lads as a neutral I have to say the utd fans have lost it, pools fans are winners or is this going to continue to go in a downward spiral ala the last lot of rafa pics posted?

you know why we cant get neutral fans in here and why alot of them are leaving the SF because of the man utd - liverpool consistent bashing
    I have contributed to the plague myself tbf ...but it seem its alot of liverpool fans doing there best to lock man utd match day threads these days

i'm sorry, but think back to Feb or whenever Rafa's "rant" was. United fans beside themselves with laughter. Images, Gifs, Posters . . . the hilarity was endless.
    Fast forward to April - the shoe's on the other foot. Most reasoned neutrals think Ferguson is acting like an idiot. Some people say so. United fans have kittens. Yes, so many jibes at Sir Alex. Poor Sir Alex, when will his misery end. When he stops acting like a twat maybe. Benitez isn't an innocent party by any means. But he's come out of this a lot better than Alex has.
    Rafa's reputation has been greatly enhanced in the last few months. I'm not so sure about Fergie's.
    You've basically openly admitted to Liverpool bashing. Maybe if you're not going to contribute positively to the forum don't do so at all. It's interesting that those who i'd consider the more reasoned and fair United fans (though like any fans they have their healthy dose of partisanship) - PHB, Mitch to name but two - have wisely and to their credit stayed clear of this trainwreck of a thread.
    I only wish i had such strength.

I have contributed to the plague myself tbf ...but it seems that alot of liverpool fans doing there best to lock man utd match day threads these days

Your double standards are incredible as pointed out by Monkey9 earlier in this thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055542381&page=21

i'm sorry, but think back to Feb or whenever Rafa's "rant" was. United fans beside themselves with laughter. Images, Gifs, Posters . . . the hilarity was endless.
    Fast forward to April - the shoe's on the other foot. Most reasoned neutrals think Ferguson is acting like an idiot. Some people say so. United fans have kittens. Yes, so many jibes at Sir Alex. Poor Sir Alex, when will his misery end. When he stops acting like a twat maybe. Benitez isn't an innocent party by any means. But he's come out of this a lot better than Alex has.
    Rafa's reputation has been greatly enhanced in the last few months. I'm not so sure about Fergie's.
    You've basically openly admitted to Liverpool bashing. Maybe if you're not going to contribute positively to the forum don't do so at all. It's interesting that those who i'd consider the more reasoned and fair United fans (though like any fans they have their healthy dose of partisanship) - PHB, Mitch to name but two - have wisely and to their credit stayed clear of this trainwreck of a thread.
    I only wish i had such strength.

Im hardly in the liverpool thread and iv hardly bashed at all, more or less every liverpool supporters in this thread has bashed man utd and closed a recent thread too boot

Im going to have strength and try to keep away from this venomous thread
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Your double standards are incredible as pointed out by Monkey9 earlier in this thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055542381&page=21
    lolz your doubting my standards you
    LMFAO

LMFAO

In fairness. Read the thread that was quoted and then try and defend yourself. You can't have a go at this "venemous" thread and "United bashing" posters and ignore what you've posted in the page linked.

• Advertisement

I'm doubting your standards headshot, and i have to say, until yesterday i thought you were an excellent poster. but the attempt at throwing your toys out of the pram yesterday, quite frankly, left me shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

thegen wrote: »
    Right lads as a neutral I have to say the utd fans have lost it, pools fans are winners or is this going to continue to go in a downward spiral ala the last lot of rafa pics posted?

lolz

Im hardly in the liverpool thread and iv hardly bashed at all, more or less every liverpool supporters in this thread has bashed man utd and closed a recent thread too boot

Im going to have strength and try to keep away from this venomous thread

LMFAO

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

lolz

Denis, is it just my posts offend you? You seem a very sensitive boy altogether. Get over it.

TBH if it was a debate neither sets of fans would have won. But the liverpool fans have conducted themselves far better than your good selves.

And yes I am a neutral in this thread ie: i dont support utd or pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Anybody else starting to think somebody else is using headshots acc?

Cause some of this is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Anybody else starting to think somebody else is using headshots acc?

Cause some of this is ridiculous.

Boggles?

You have 95 posts in the Liverpool superthread this season, that is more than 'hardly in there'. I have most certainly never contributed to getting a Utd match thread closed (my comments in the latest ones were just refuting erroneous points made by yourself when the thread was already terminal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Dear God. :rolleyes:

How many games more have United played than Chelsea, they also have 7 left in the league opposed to nearly everyone else having 6.
    And? Surely a super dupper massive club like man u can handle a big run in. No?

What utter twaddle.

Hate to break it to ye Scouse fans, but Liverpool arn't anywhere near Uniteds main rivals this season.

We have to play Arsenal 3 times, including the semi finals of the biggest competition of them all, Chelsea for me are still the danger in the league, they are looking the real deal under Hiddinck, and could potentially be up against United again in the final of the CL.

Liverpool had their chance this year, out of all cup competitions early, fair play to the merseysiders, 5 points ahead in the league now coming into the last few games potentially 4 points behind.

It was only 6 weeks ago that fans were calling for Rafas head - I agreed with them, the prospect is another failure of a season, 3rd in a row, as someone mentioned he would not survive at any other top club, but for some reason the Scouse celebrate mediocroty and give the Spaniard a 25 million pound contract.

Heads in the F'ing sand, sad really.

Houlier officially becomes more successful than the Spaniard when Liverpool fail in the league.
    Oh ffs. Funniest post of this thread IMO. And that's saying something. Worried are ya :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Some of the sh1t in this thread is rediculous.

Benitez has definitely got to Ferguson IMO, if it was a different team and manager Ferguson would of put out a stronger team yesterday, his sole aim now for this season seems to be beating Liverpool. When he looks back on it during the summer he could regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I'm doubting your standards headshot, and i have to say, until yesterday i thought you were an excellent poster. but the attempt at throwing your toys out of the pram yesterday, quite frankly, left me shocked.
    headshot is cracking up;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I think the Pool Fans have got to the United Fans here, United Fans are cracking up indeed. ;)

I have to say as United fan having not contributed to this thread much, its funny to look at it from the outside a little.

This is one of those crazy SF threads.

headshot is cracking up;)

most certainly

lol at utd fans. Ferguson comes out and makes a complete dogs arse of himself and they defend him until the bitter end,even though the vast majority of neutrals and media have said he looked foolish with his rant. You could'nt make it up.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Chong wrote: »
    I think the Pool Fans have got to the United Fans here, United Fans are cracking up indeed. ;)

I have to say as United fan having not contributed to this thread much, its funny to look at it from the outside a little.

This is one of those crazy SF threads.

Having contributed the below post, your standing 'as United fan' doesn't carry much weight.
    I cant see us beating that team in Porto, like the league I think we have blown it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Having contributed the below post, your standing 'as United fan' doesn't carry much weight.
    Knee Jerk at the time , I think fans are entitled to that right? Anyways You must lead a great life remembering my posts, I didnt respond at the time to that post oringinally, but I am responding now seeing as you brought it up again, sigh.....

Anyways here a gold medal for your ability to use the search function and taking such a great interest in my posts!

GoldMedalInpex-2.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't see how it makes a difference anyway... sure most Liverpool fans seem to be saying that they don't believe they'll win the league, does that make them bad fans or something? :confused: Chong didn't think we'd win the match, nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Knee Jerk at the time , I think fans are entitled to that right? Anyways You must lead a great life remembering my posts, I didnt respond at the time to that post oringinally, but I am responding now seeing as you brought it up again, sigh.....

Anyways here a gold medal for your ability to use the search function and taking such a great interest in my posts!

That's some gentle satire you've got going on there.

so you didnt say that Fergies rant was in response to media questions?
    I wasn't talking about Fergie's rant in the past week. I was talking about the stuff Fergie said on the lead up to Rafa's rant in January. Which, as far as I know, was in reply to question put towards him. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    you didn't say that Ferguson's rant was not malicious?
    Again I was talking about the comment's leading up to Rafa's rant.
    you didn't imply that Rafa's were?
    Yes I did imply that Rafa's rant in January was malicious compared to the comments that Fergie had said leading up to Rafa's rant.
    the below quote would indicate you did. all of which is untrue, and in fact, the total opposite. only one rant was malicious & it wasn't Rafas.

Again that quote was from me talking about the comments Fergie made leading up to Rafa's rant.

I apologise if I didnt make myself clear when I was saying all this the first time.

I fully agree that Fergie was in the wrong in his recent rant and here is a quote from a post I made earlier today to show how I felt about it at the start of this.
    I dunno what United fan's your talking about because I for one amn't cracking up.

I think Ferguson is an idiot for saying the things that he has. His thing about Rafa being arrogant was just stupid and pulled completley out of his and Sam's collective arse.

I just wish they would all stop. Specially SAF cause he is such a great manager and at the moment he really is nit picking at Rafa.

He obviously doesnt like the man and it has to be more than just because he's the Liverpool manager.

It's just annoying to see one of English footballs greatest managers behave like this and I don't want him to be remembered for acting like a schoolyard bully with other managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

CoachBoone wrote: »
    I think we should keep this thread and treat it like a creche.

It seems to be keeping the arguments about United and Liverpool out of the other threads. Im all for it.

Hey, why do you think I'm happy to let is stand? :D

On a general note, if there are United fans pissed off that SAF is taking a hammering here then can I suggest that you don't read the thread? If it's adult debate you want, there's plenty of opportunity to contribute elsewhere on the forum, this thread was never going to be the most cerebral, but it keeps all of the childishness confined to one space and allows the matchthreads and superthreads to exist without trouble.

And to the Liverpool fans enjoying this whole thing: the same will apply to you if or when things go wrong for your manager.

Highsider wrote: »
    lol at utd fans. Ferguson comes out and makes a complete dogs arse of himself and they defend him until the bitter end,even though the vast majority of neutrals and media have said he looked foolish with his rant. You could'nt make it up.:rolleyes:

thats fans for ya
    ill defend my club to the bitter end rightly or wrongly
    m@cc@ wrote: »

M@cc@ lets not starting snipping at each other ok

so thats my final bits on this thread

over and out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Lads, I reckon there's alot of you 'cracking' up to be fair,'Pool and United fans alike.
    I guess if you enjoy petty squabbling fair enough but for me this is the best part of the season and we hopefully have a real exciting climax to the season ahead.
    I don't think anyone would swap the Pool/United rivalry we have,it's part of why we all love this game,would it not be better for all if we concentrated all this energy on some healthy discussion and some lively debate instead??

I do realise this may be an impossible dream :pac:

Thanks for clearing that up A7X.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

quefi6.jpg

So apparently questioning someone's mental health is not on (or at least not on when it's Ferguson's mental health; Rafa is fair game of course but that goes without saying :rolleyes:), but comparing Rafa to a borderline xenophobic negative stereotype is fine?

• Advertisement

Lads, I reckon there's alot of you 'cracking' up to be fair,'Pool and United fans alike.
    I guess if you enjoy petty squabbling fair enough but for me this is the best part of the season and we hopefully have a real exciting climax to the season ahead.
    I don't think anyone would swap the Pool/United rivalry we have,it's part of why we all love this game,would it not be better for all if we concentrated all this energy on some healthy discussion and some lively debate instead??

I do realise this may be an impossible dream :pac:

Yeah. Some of the comments made by United fans in here have been ridiculous and obviously just trying to annoy the pool fans but really making themselves look stupid.

I love the rivalry. I have the "pleasure" of being the only United fan in my imediate group of friends. :rolleyes:

It is annoying at times though but what can ya do. It's only a game at the end of the day lads. One in which we pretty much have no control over.
    So enjoy the wins and survive the losses. ;)
    Thanks for clearing that up A7X.

No problem. Just want to be understood ha :)

Advertisement