Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built in oven height

Options
  • 19-04-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

I recently had a new kitchen fitted by a local kitchen company. I bought the appliances separately as I got a better price that way. I have two Siemens ovens - one is a combination oven and the other a multifunction pyroclean oven. The combination oven sits over the pyro oven. My problem is that I am vertically challenged (about 5 foot 6 inches) and the top oven is installed too high for safety - the top of the door is 68 inches from the floor and the top of the control panel is 72 inches from the floor.

Is there a standard height for oven installation? Can I get the kitchen company to drop both ovens under the original contract?

IMG_5810.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

you should get them to put the door under the oven to over the top oven and put the top door on the bottom making it a drawer.dont know wil they charge you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

joolsveer wrote: »
    Is there a standard height for oven installation? Can I get the kitchen company to drop both ovens under the original contract?

IMG_5810.jpg

You should push them to do this, the ovens can be at any height- your top one is plain daft and unsafe. I suppose they just wanted to use standard door sizes. Get them back.

Nice dog BTW ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

better tell them sooner rather than later. They may have a cutting list ready to go to the work shop

Advertisement