Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Liddell *UFC 97 SPOILER*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't think that Chuck's fought his last fight. I think that he should have though. It's getting too dangerous for him now

But if Chuck wants to fight, can the UFC stop him? If Affliction, for example, come in with a big offer, could Chuck take it? I doubt that he would right now, but down the line he may get fed up with whatever role the UFC have planned for him. He just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who can just give it up like that

I was never a big fan of his until recently. I'd still call him more talented than most at this stage, it's just that it's becoming too much of a risk for him. Those knockouts can take their toll

This is something I was thinking about earlier. As far as I understand (just a guess really) is that CL is still under UFC contract the same way Randy Couture was. So if he ever tries to fight for another promotion he'll be in breach. But DW doesn't want to put him in the cage again...luckily it's a common sense thing and DW and CL will sort it out between themselves but if Chuck actually did want to fight Tito again he'd have to go down the legal route if DW didn't release him and that would take some months.

I'm not trying to brew up a conspiracy theory nor DW bashing but at the end of the day DW has a huge amount of control on CL's career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

This is something I was thinking about earlier. As far as I understand (just a guess really) is that CL is still under UFC contract the same way Randy Couture was. So if he ever tries to fight for another promotion he'll be in breach. But DW doesn't want to put him in the cage again...luckily it's a common sense thing and DW and CL will sort it out between themselves but if Chuck actually did want to fight Tito again he'd have to go down the legal route if DW didn't release him and that would take some months.

I'm not trying to brew up a conspiracy theory nor DW bashing but at the end of the day DW has a huge amount of control on CL's career.

After thinking about it for a moment, as long as Chuck still has fights left on his current contract (which I'm sure he has) then he can't elsewhere, at least not without a big legal battle from the UFC. If he had been able to retire after the last fight on his contract then he could go fight somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Killme00 wrote: »
    Those anderson silva legs kicks cannot be legal. very disrepectful show by silva imo.

Punches to the face are very disrespectful too if you're going about it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Fozzy wrote: »
    After thinking about it for a moment, as long as Chuck still has fights left on his current contract (which I'm sure he has) then he can't elsewhere, at least not without a big legal battle from the UFC. If he had been able to retire after the last fight on his contract then he could go fight somewhere else

Contracts have end dates, usualy. If Liddell has 3 fights left for example, than UFC have a certain amount of time to setup the fights before the contract expires. I still say Chuck wont fight outside the UFC, I think he has too much history with the UFC to fight for a competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

dunkamania wrote: »
    Contracts have end dates, usualy. If Liddell has 3 fights left for example, than UFC have a certain amount of time to setup the fights before the contract expires. I still say Chuck wont fight outside the UFC, I think he has too much history with the UFC to fight for a competitor.

Couture's contract wouldn't have just run out like that though, the UFC's point in that case was that as long as he had matches left on his contract then he had to fight for them or not fight at all

I just realised that Chuck's case would be different in that if he was still under contract to the UFC and he wanted to fight but the UFC wouldn't let him then they could be in dodgy water as they'd effectively be preventing him from making a living at what he wants to do. Not that it's relevant right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

if he has really retired it would be a great shame to go out the way he did I for one hope he takes a while out takes stock comes back and has one last crack at an uppercard fighter knocks him out and retires the way his fans would like.

sounds good but it would be extremely difficult giving his age

Advertisement