Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Newcastle Match Thread 19/04/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Great, Mark 'the drunken bricklayer' Viduka is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dukes and Oba on. Thank fcuk Nolan went off.

Good move turns into an inevitable waste.

Butt is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good move turns into an inevitable waste.

At least we are attacking now, giving the ball away for 60 mins b4 that, just doing it a bit further up this time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Butt is useless.

Hit and hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spurs will give you a chance.

lol, right decision... unlucky

We're looking much better.

We cannot give another goal away just when we're coming back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Lennons looking dangerous, good attempt a minute ago.

Smith you donkey.

impossible to get the ball of Viduka, Here comes Defoe, script written already?

Martins is looking lively. Defoe..... Not someone you wanna see come on.

Martins is looking lively. Defoe..... Not someone you wanna see come on.

Had a mare last time for Pompey...

Taylor taking a card for the team.

Great save Steve Harper.

Spurs on top again.....

We've created little in the last 5 or 10 minutes.

• Advertisement

oooooo, great effort

*sigh*

Spurs just have to wait untill we give the ball back to them.... Awfull

Chance and a half.

OMFG, were are my razor blades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

That was close! *relieved*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

donkey

muck

That's it. How can we even contemplate winning our home games if we can't even perform well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two crap teams one could be in Europe next season, one will be in Championship next season.

expected, Mr Ashley must be delighted to see his side winning, We need to win 3 home games to stay up, thats almost as many as we have managed all season. Relegation a probability now

• Advertisement

3 points. all that matters.

M5 wrote: »
    expected, Mr Ashley must be delighted to see his side winning, We need to win 3 home games to stay up, thats almost as many as we have managed all season. Relegation a probability now

I reckon it's a certainty now.

YESSSSS!!! Come on you Spurs! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I have very little confidence in Newcastle staying up. Wouldn't put any money on them getting at least a draw against ANY team in the PL atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ok..West Brom are more than likely gone.
    So it's down to Newcastle/Middlesborough/Sunderland/Hull and possibly Blackburn.
    Looking at Sunderland I can see them taking 6 points max.
    Middlesborough 4 points maybe if they draw against us. For me Middlesborough are definitely gone.
    Hull I can see only taking 3 points as well.
    So can Newcastle get 8-9 points from their remaining fixtures? I hope so.

Newcastle's remaining fixtures. 30 points

Newcastle v Portsmouth
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough
    Newcastle v Fulham
    Aston Villa v Newcastle

Middlesborough's remaining fixtures. 31 points

Arsenal v Middlesbrough 13.30
    Middlesbrough v Man Utd
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa
    West Ham v Middlesbrough

Sunderland's remaining fixtures. 35 points

West Brom v Sunderland
    Sunderland v Everton
    Bolton v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Sunderland
    Sunderland v Chelsea

Hull's remaining fixtures 34 points.

Hull City v Liverpool
    Aston Villa v Hull City
    Hull City v Stoke City
    Bolton v Hull City
    Hull City v Man Utd

To be honest if you look at it rationally Newcastle are gone. Theres no form to suggest otherwise. Newcastle of old would not be guaranteed 9 points form three games against sides who are also fighting for their lives. I believe the absolute best we can hope from those 3 games is 7 points which leaves us needing points from the games away to Liverpool and Aston Villa.

We made Spurs look top class today. We stood off and let them spray the ball to the next badly marked player. Our midfield seems to be getting worse and worse. Butt is finished, Taylor is only good for a dirty tackle or three, and Nolan is showing exactly why Bolton were delighted to get rid of him. Guthrie has to start the next game.

The most frustrating moment for me today was when but played the ball to Viduka on the left. He looked up and saw just Martins ahead of him. Everyone else was standing still. He attempted an extremely difficult pass and of course gave it away. Not one of these overpaid lazy shower of ****es even bothered exerting themselves to run into space!

Are Newcastle too big to go down?

Not with the disinterested ar*e h*les that we call a team playing for them. Pretty much every one of them deserves to be playing in the championship next season. The sad thing is they will mostly all move on to their next host....

The only good thing I see about us going down is it might be the biggest kick up the arse for the ultra newcastle fans.
    The ones that were shouting for Big Sam to be sacked, Souness to be sacked and so on.
    Giving into these guys by the chairmen has led to Newcastle's ruin.
    I know fans are the bread and butter of clubs but you cannot be held to ransom by them.
    Ashley should have had the balls to keep Big Sam, tell the fans this is the way the club will be run and if they don't like it fcuk off and support Sunderland.
    Instead he gave in, sacked Sam, brought in Keegan, sacked Keegan or whatever, brougth in Kinnear :eek: and then Shearer.
    No wonder we're fcuked.

The only good thing I see about us going down is it might be the biggest kick up the arse for the ultra newcastle fans.
    The ones that were shouting for Big Sam to be sacked, Souness to be sacked and so on.
    Giving into these guys by the chairmen has led to Newcastle's ruin.
    I know fans are the bread and butter of clubs but you cannot be held to ransom by them.
    Ashley should have had the balls to keep Big Sam, tell the fans this is the way the club will be run and if they don't like it fcuk off and support Sunderland.
    Instead he gave in, sacked Sam, brought in Keegan, sacked Keegan or whatever, brougth in Kinnear :eek: and then Shearer.
    No wonder we're fcuked.

Mike Ashley is an idiot anyway. Knows nothing about the club and so relies on the thousands of fans to make his mind up about things. Fair enough getting rid of Allardyce was a bit unfair and was given very little time to work anything really but I like many fans wanted him out because the football we were playing bar maybe the first game of the season under him was terrible.

Looking back on the performance today I just feel that if a legend like Shearer can't influence the players into playing well then who can?

We're a joke of a club and this whole regime of bringing in temporary managers will not work for us should we get relegated. We need to stick with one manager. A good experienced manager who can take us forward a great deal. I don't see that being JFK. It's hard to assume that he'll still be in charge next season after his operation.

The future doesn't seem too bright.

Ask yourself this?
    Would Newcastle be facing relegation if Sam was still in charge?
    Not a bloody chance.
    Even with Souness who I never wanted I couldn't see us being in this boat.
    Newcastle need to stick with one manager,,,the fans especially need to stick with manager regardless of whether they wanted him or not.
    The club is bigger than any one fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I watched about 40 mins of this game today and Newcastle were comprehensively played off the park by an ever improving Spurs side. Looking through their side I don't think they have enough quality to stay up. They were completely hapless for the most part today.

Ask yourself this?
    Not a bloody chance.
    Newcastle need to stick with one manager,,,the fans especially need to stick with manager regardless of whether they wanted him or not.

I agree that our situation with managers has probably been the worst out of every club in the Premier League. I agree too that yes we should keep one mananger but Allardyce wasn't the man to take us further.

I know he did a good job at Bolton but they never really got anywhere under him. They were always just a mid table team not challenging for anything. As good a manager as he is I just feel that we need somebody who knows the city, the fans and the realistic expectations that we can achieve.

I would absolutely love Steve Bruce to come into Newcastle eventually. He's done a fantastic job with Wigan this season.

Ask yourself this?
    Not a bloody chance.

Do you remember how we were playing under Allardyce? In 3 games we managed 2 shots on target. The team was so destroyed mentally by him that the new manager took 9 games to get a win! We had won 2/10 when he was sacked. He had to go. In fact I agree with pretty much every sacking since Robson. I don’t think that we sack managers too much. I think we consistently hire the WRONG manager. Get a proven manager with success in England or some other league, not some rookie or some mid table manager. Then everyone will be behind them. I have been completely underwhelmed by every appointment since Robson, Keegan included.

This is his record in 8 months

eight wins, six draws and 10 defeats.

30 points out of 24 matches. Against not good but definitely not as bad as where we are now.

M5 wrote: »
    I have been completely underwhelmed by every appointment since Robson, Keegan included.

As nice as it was to have Keegan back it was too big an ask to jump straight in and expect winning ways. Football had changed drastically since he was with City.

Great manager and a legend in Newcastle but we didn't have the players to apply his attacking style of football. I don't think we'll ever have that again. It certainly doesn't seem that way at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ask yourself this?
    Not a bloody chance.

That's such a moot point. We wouldn't be where we we're if Keegan wasn't knifed.

We are in this mess because of the disastrous transfer policy of Mike Ashley, and the manner in which he has run this club.

We we're on the road to nowhere under Sam. Sure, we probably wouldn't be where we are now, but like I said, Keegan wouldn't of had us here, and I genuinely believed he was better equipped to take us forward than Allardyce. You only need to look at the results and quality of play he had instilled in us once he was able to mould the team in his image.

Keegan, with even a modest budget, and the freedom to manage as a manager should be given, would of had us pushing for 7/8th this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Great manager and a legend in Newcastle but we didn't have the players to apply his attacking style of football. I don't think we'll ever have that again. It certainly doesn't seem that way at the moment.

:confused:

The football he had us playing end of last season/start of this one, says different!?

Charlie wrote: »
    :confused:

The football he had us playing end of last season/start of this one, says different!?

We had desire then.

This is his record in 8 months

eight wins, six draws and 10 defeats.

30 points out of 24 matches. Against not good but definitely not as bad as where we are now.

But we were getting worse and worse and if you look at the fixtures we had under him they were the easier fixtures....

• Advertisement

i honestly cant see newcaslte getting more than 5 points for the rest of their season.

Advertisement