Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Shooting in/near Cork...

Options
  • 19-04-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am Semi/Half proficient at hitting Pheasant, Duck, Woodcock, Pigeon, Crow... etc. During the winter but I miss alot too. So want to take up clays to practice off season and improve my shooting.

Looking for 3 things...

1. Clay clubs either in Cork or nearby (any Discipline).
    2. Tuition/Instruction/Coaching on Clay shooting.
    3. A list of upcoming Competitions throughout County and Country.

Appreciate any help..

Cheers.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

The ICPSA is the site to look at.

Here is a list of registered clubs and grounds by province and here is a list of coaches - there is one in Cork, Tom Houlihan. His details are on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bird Man

Did you try Doonass Clay Pigoen Club in Clonlara, Co. Clare we are only 10K from Limerick. Is that too far? We shoot evert Friday evening from 6pm to 8pm. Check out our website @ www.doonassclaypigeonclub.com. To shoot it is €20 for 20 clays, €30 for 30 clays or €40 for 50 clays. If you are a paid up member the membership fee is €50 membership plus €52 insurance. Then you will pay €10 for 50 clays with you supplying your own ammunition. Club membership entitles you to participate in Club Shoots, Club Winter and Summer Leagues and also the chance to represent the club in County and National Level Clay Shoots.

Advertisement