Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goal Alerts?

• 19-04-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a way of getting every premiership goal texted to my phone as it happens.
    possibly line-ups and full time scores too.

In this day and age this is something I want for free.

I am not sure how to go about it however.

I forward all my emails to my phone for free (if you're a meteor customer you can forward emails to 085xxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie)

I also have a twitter account and can get them to send me free texts to irish mobiles albeit with ads attached via a third party.

So basically does anyone know a crowd that would email this to me,

or a twitter site that I could subscribe to?

I will search myself more now and let ye know if I come up with anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Hello,

I'm looking for a way of getting every premiership goal texted to my phone as it happens.

I forward all my emails to my phone for free (if you're a meteor customer you can forward emails to 085xxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie)

I also have a twitter account and can get them to send me free texts to irish mobiles albeit with ads attached via a third party.

I was making a program for myself that would log in to my meteor and send it as a webtext, cos the mms emails weren't working that well, i'll have a look at twitter and see can i hook it up to my thing, but i won't get a chance for 2 weeks or so, i'll let you know how i get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hello,

Can't finding anything on the net anywhere. Might just have to get a mate to text you these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

simonw wrote: »
    I was making a program for myself that would log in to my meteor and send it as a webtext, cos the mms emails weren't working that well, i'll have a look at twitter and see can i hook it up to my thing, but i won't get a chance for 2 weeks or so, i'll let you know how i get on

Sounds good, let me know how it goes,

I really am surprised theres not a twitter service for this.

Advertisement