Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my 60gb ipod, long files skip to the next one, have strange sense of time...

Options
  • 19-04-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

if i have lets say a 5 hour audiobook or show, and i am listening to it, like halfway it might skip to the next track. i will go back to it, skip to the part where i was at and listen, and a few moments later it skips to the next track again. it happens with all files.

also, lets say i miss a part, so i rewind from like 0:40 to 0:38 or something, and it never goes back to what i heard at 0:38, sometimes it is at the same point as it was at 0:40, often it even FAST FORWARDS!!!

i have tried restoring my ipod to factory settings, that didn't work.

it can't be the files because they work fine with itunes on my pc.

i would post what ipod version it is but i can't find it. all it says on itunes is the software version 1.3, and on the ipod it just says 60gb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TLG

no one has help?

bump;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

TLG wrote: »

it can't be the files because they work fine with itunes on my pc.

Not necessarily true.

Try converting one of the files to a different format (e.g. AAC) and see does the problem recur. Or try the file on another ipod (if you email to me I'll try it on a classic and a nano for you).

3DataModem wrote: »
    Not necessarily true.

Try converting one of the files to a different format (e.g. AAC) and see does the problem recur. Or try the file on another ipod (if you email to me I'll try it on a classic and a nano for you).
    ok i converting one to aac i will see if it solves the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

TLG wrote: »
    ok i converting one to aac i will see if it solves the problem
    Also, make sure your iPod has the latest Firmware in iTunes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement