Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the story with second hand imports?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I bought cooking Mama 2 for €20 on the DS with the sole intention of selling it to gamestop for €30!

When i borught it home i realised that it is an american copy of the game, which might stop gamestop from trading it in so i have a few questions?

1) Are Irish game retailers allowed sell imports ( i thought i read something before about them not being allowed due to the rating system or something)

2) Do gamestop take trade ins of import DS games?

3) Do i have any leg to stand on if im returning it in xtravision? It seems from my reciept that XV will give me credit back for it ("Unwanted Items may be returned within 28 days of purchase once in unused & saleable(thats how XV spell it?) condition) I havent even played the game so it surely falls into this catagory. Any chance of getting cash back i wonder?

Also OT but on my receipt under sonic unleashed i have "Free Wii remote candy" anyone know what this is? I didnt recieve it what ever it was (i really dont think i will be bothered about not receiving it, im just curious).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Hey guys,

I bought cooking Mama 2 for €20 on the DS with the sole intention of selling it to gamestop for €30!

When i borught it home i realised that it is an american copy of the game, which might stop gamestop from trading it in so i have a few questions?

1) Are Irish game retailers allowed sell imports ( i thought i read something before about them not being allowed due to the rating system or something)

2) Do gamestop take trade ins of import DS games?

3) Do i have any leg to stand on if im returning it in xtravision? It seems from my reciept that XV will give me credit back for it ("Unwanted Items may be returned within 28 days of purchase once in unused & saleable(thats how XV spell it?) condition) I havent even played the game so it surely falls into this catagory. Any chance of getting cash back i wonder?

Also OT but on my receipt under sonic unleashed i have "Free Wii remote candy" anyone know what this is? I didnt recieve it what ever it was (i really dont think i will be bothered about not receiving it, im just curious).

Thanks in advance

All this for a tenner! Where are you getting the figure of €30 from? I thought the whole point of Gamestop was that they bought games off you for next to nothing and then sold them on at a hefty profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

The DS is region free anyway. I can see them not buying it off you but there's still a chance if you explain to him it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

All this for a tenner! Where are you getting the figure of €30 from? I thought the whole point of Gamestop was that they bought games off you for next to nothing and then sold them on at a hefty profit.

Nah they're doing a deal this month where you can trade in certain games and get €30 off anything instore.

They should take it in. I think as long as the game is in english and not in Japanese or anything they don't really mind, as the DS is region free. Try it anyways and if they don't accept it just bring it back to where you bought it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

All this for lots of tenners = cheap xbox 360 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

The wii candy is a pez type sweet dispenser shaped like a wiimote but 1/3 the size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Gamestop are doing a trade in deal. 300 games trade in for €30 each or more for all of April

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I want some wii candy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Gamestop refused the game today, not because of it being an import but on the fact they suspected it was a pirate game, and in fairness to yerman the cover does look fairly dodge (i just thought it was faded at first) Back to xtravision it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Seems Xtravision is the place to go to get rid of your unwanted imports. I got a Sonic Wii game there recently that was NTSC. The guy gave me a refund no problem.

Advertisement