Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smokey kerrosene

Options
  • 19-04-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

hi guys im a plumber myself and not great with oil burners ... im confused by this situation. my parents have a holiday home down in wexford a few weeks ago they got diesel oil instead of kerosene therefore they got it sucked out and refilled, cleared the line an stuck it on and it smoked like hell!! i got them to bring the burner home so i could service it. i fitted it in there house where it ran perfect for a week they went down last night low and behold its still smokin down there any ideas ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

oh and im certain its kerosene

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It sounds like the pressure is too high on the burner. This is why you normally get to much smoke. Have you googled it.

I am not the best either just have a little bit on burners, Phone Firebird and tell them that your burner is suddenly being smokey. Dont tell them about the model etc just play dumb. The tec advice lads there are very good. They will help

Or else putting this back to the top will :D

cheers ill try that monday i have it set to 10 bar whitch i think is correct well it was workin perfect at home. unless it was not drained 100% and they mixed !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Sounds like they didn't get rid of all the diesel. One way to find out would be to fill a can with kerosene and connect it directly to the burner, disconnecting the feed from the tank. If the burner then runs OK then there is still diesel in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Normally the burner will run on Kerosene or Diesel, the only adjustment you need to make is to change the pressure. Just let the burner run for a few hours and it will clear itself of the residue of Diesel.

• Advertisement

it was working fine when it was hooked up to a different kerosene burner yesterday so i think this is the problem!!! grrrrrr!!! so it would have a major effect even if there was a small bit left??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

you serviced the burner but did you service the boiler. If it was burning diesel with kero setting it is likely that the boiler is choked up with soot and needs cleaning.

Advertisement