Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap photo developing in Waterford

• 19-04-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

I have about 300 pictures to be developed from my digital camera and I'm wondering does anyone know of a particularly cheap place to get this done? Usually go to the fujifilm place in City Square, think I remember paying around €20 for 100 pictures the last time.

Anyone have a better alternative? Or would I be best to get them done online and posted out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deisedolly wrote: »
    I have about 300 pictures to be developed from my digital camera and I'm wondering does anyone know of a particularly cheap place to get this done? Usually go to the fujifilm place in City Square, think I remember paying around €20 for 100 pictures the last time.

Anyone have a better alternative? Or would I be best to get them done online and posted out?
    Try Sam McCaulys.Think theyre pretty reasonable but cant remember the exact price.Or boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

The Fujifilm place in City Square charges €13.99 for 100 digital prints - regular 6x4 size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Last time I got some done in City square there were 120 on the card, but they only charged me for 100.

Ask them how much for 300 before you go in. It will be cheaper on pixmania etc but it is such a hassle uploading that many photos, much better to get them done local.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

I always use photobox. Uploading takes some time but prices are unbeatable. Last year I paid €45 for 500 photos (including about 20 enlargments and shipment from UK).
    Locals are just too expensive for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye Photobox or Kodak Gallery. Both offer excellent services at great rates :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

For that amount of photos you really should look at photobox.com, will work out much chaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

photobox.ie for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

fudark wrote: »
    I always use photobox. Uploading takes some time but prices are unbeatable. Last year I paid €45 for 500 photos (including about 20 enlargments and shipment from UK).
    Locals are just too expensive for me.

With regard to photobox it is cheaper to order from photobox.co.uk rather than photobox.ie.
    100 photos with photobox.co.uk £10.00
    100 photos with photobox.ie €15.00
    With the current exchange rates £10.00 works out at €11.25.Just a though for anyone ordering from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

the chemist out in tesco lisduggan charges about €13 per 100 so ive been told...ive got about 1000 to get developed, so ill update you if i find anywhere cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

So much for suporting your own :(

And all for the sake of saving a couple of euro: City Square charges €13.99 for 100 digital prints vs 100 photos with photobox.co.uk £10.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

So much for suporting your own :(

And all for the sake of saving a couple of euro: City Square charges €13.99 for 100 digital prints vs 100 photos with photobox.co.uk £10.00.

Quality from Photobox is fab as good as 35mm prints, much better than some chemists in Waterford and cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

well i didn't know about difference in quality. surely someone in waterford offers as good quality as the online companies though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

michellie wrote: »
    the chemist out in tesco lisduggan charges about €13 per 100 so ive been told...ive got about 1000 to get developed, so ill update you if i find anywhere cheaper!

If you're talking about Fullhams Pharmacy, that's part of the Mulligan's group. The photos taken in there are processed in Digifoto in City Square.

If you're getting that many developed in one go there's no harm in asking for a discount!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

well i didn't know about difference in quality. surely someone in waterford offers as good quality as the online companies though?

Not from what I've seen, old flat mate of mine got a 20x30 print done in town and it cost him 60e......same sized print with MUCH better quality paper and print quality cost him 24e on photobox

In comparison to printers in Dublin or on-line companys I've not really seen anything in waterford to match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Thanks for the advice lads!

Advertisement