Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Grill rusty

Options
  • 19-04-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

the grill(where the food cooks) part off my BBQ is gone rusty. I scrubbed it down with a wire brush and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any spray paint that i can use to spray the grill part black again.

Is there a specific spray/paint available for the grill? I have hammerite but i dunno would that be safet to cook food on it when it dries?

I remember the bro used to get a High temp spray paint for the exhaust of motorbikes,would ythis be better?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yes, the paint you want is called Humbrol BBQ & stove paint. Its black The distributors is ireland were protim abrasives tel 018305966. Its a brilliant product. I know cause I was the buyer for the agent. Try it. You can usually buy it in woodies but phone them first to check they still do it.

The thing is I am not sure you should cook on a black painted grill.

Can you not lay a stainless steel on on the top?

ps: it must be a heat resistant paint hammerite will just burn toxic and kill you both with fumes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i know a few fellas with the same situation and they just wirebrush it really well and cook on it they will tell ya all of them go like this and its fine as long as its brushed down ........ It adds to the Flavour:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i know a few fellas with the same situation and they just wirebrush it really well and cook on it they will tell ya all of them go like this and its fine as long as its brushed down ........ It adds to the Flavour:D

I agree I would not bother spraying it but these products were created for people who try to get the newness back:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Thanks guys

rusty burgers is is so nyom nyom :D

I'll have a look for that product too joey thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Agreed, do not paint the surface your food will be cooked on.
    what I did last year was wire brush the grill real well, then power hose it, and then get it good a flaming HOT before adding me burgers!

Happy DAYS! Enjoy your grub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement