Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model Release Forms

• 19-04-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

As per Title, following concerns made by a fellow boardy, I'm looking for ironclad EU Model Release Forms, Adult Version and Minor Version.

Can you use a general one or do you need a legal aid to draw one up for you for it to be legit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I have one I got on the net; still think it needs some work, if someone would care to have a look. I don't know how usable it is. It's a M$ W0rd document. If there's no objection from the mods, I could send it by PM or as an attachment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

I've seen a few american ones, don't know the legal implications/differences. I have been told by a friend (specilised in employment law) that an EU version is needed to cover yourself properly. and if working in other countries you will need the form in the models language.

Maybe it will benifit everyone here if we can find a contact/company that can draw up a globally applicable one, or one for the EU. and Have it translated and checked in French, Spanish, German etc

Maybe a group of us can chip in and buy a ready made set of above thats garenteed for use and free distribution?

Throwing out ideas but this is a growing concern of mine, and it needs to be done right. Anyone whom is interested or has experience in this please reply.

Please excuse typos and spelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

As per Title, following concerns made by a fellow boardy, I'm looking for ironclad EU Model Release Forms, Adult Version and Minor Version.

Can you use a general one or do you need a legal aid to draw one up for you for it to be legit?

There is no iron clad one. Technically all they are is a contract between photographer and model. Look over the ones you find online, and then customise it to suit yourself.

If you ask 10 photographers, you'll get 10 variations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Thats why I'd like to start from scratch, using photographer experience, but written up by someone who has a law background, maybe a solicitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Then you should go talk to a solicitor.

All that a model release form is is an agreement/contract between two parties. You shouldn't need a solicitor.

But, I guess if you have the money to pay a solicitor, you can get as good a model release form as any other out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement