Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the ampage on my mixer - pleeeeeeeeese :(

• 19-04-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

:confused:

Stanton have to be the most irritating feckers to obtain anything from.

I have a Stanton SMX - 251 mixer, 9v AC. However Nothing is said anywhere about the actual amp power on it and I don't want to wreck the thing by plugging in the wrong power. Does anyone know what the actual amp level on it is? All it says is pre amp. Please help me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Looks like it's just a mixer. You will need to buy an amplifier to hook it up to speakers.

The output on it is probably line-level. Enough to power headphones or hook up to an amp but little else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

It's literally the correct plug I am looking to get... Any exact one?

Ah ok so you it's the wattage you're looking for.

Tbh any 9V adaptor should do it. Mixers shouldn't comsume a lot of power, just make sure you get the correct type (AC or DC). Having too much power is not such an issue as having too little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

thanks man. Really pissed off now after going into town solely for that and being told that the wrong one would cause a spark straight away and bye bye mixer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Get as high an Amperage adaptor as you can. Most of the AC adaptors they sell in peats / maplins (without ordering) only go to 500ma which probably isnt enough for a mixer.

Most of the mixers that I used to deal with (Vestax/Numark/Gemini) needed 1000/1500ma, any lower and you could cause irreversable damage to the preamps, just a heads up.

Radionics or Farnell would probably be your best bet, a 1500-2000ma will be around 20-30 euro if I remember right, you can check on their sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

How could you cause damage to the preamps with the recommended voltage and below the recommended amperes??

It can cause different problems depending on the circuitry, and you're effectively shorting the power supply so it wont last.

Basically always aim to have a power supply that can supply more power than is necessary. The device will only draw as much as it needs and it means the power supply is not going to fail prematurely on you (read mid-gig)

Advertisement