Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries

Options
  • 19-04-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Heard this last night, Not sure how true it is but figured I better tell people in case it is.
    Supposedly, Around newcastle West and surrounding parish's, There are two parts to this group of theives. First part of them scope out houses and the likes in the area.
    Once people leave the house unatented first part of the group leave a yellow ribbon outside the house and phone their theif buddies who drive along, see the ribbon so they know this is the right house and proceed to rob away to their hearts contents.
    Its supposed to have happened on evening when the family were only gone out for an hour or so to find jewelary, laptop and two plasma tv's gone.
    I think its an accurate story so just keep your eyes open, hope this helps.

Comments

My house got broken into today, im in the shanagolden area. Took a plasma TV, 2 latops and made sh*t of the back door. Juse after finding out and I just read this thread a few hours ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Sorry to hear about that, Its a pain an the hole, Im presuming you called the gaurds, do they think anything can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I got a house alarm fitted, its even monitored with a big bell and sign the lot.

Even still my neighbours on two separate occasions found shall we say "undesirables" walking around my house. Not doing anything in particular just walking around the back having a good look. On both occasions they asked them to move on. Its a nice area where neighbours look out for one another but you cannot expect them to be around all the time or if one of them got hurt confronting "undesirables" I would never forgive myself.

I bought a Great Dane (who turned out to be a coward) and a boxer (who makes allot of noise and looks vicious but is as harmless as the rabbits be plays tag with)

Both look like they would rip you in two and the boxer runs up to everyone barking and then jumps up on them (he just wants to play but strangers don't know that).

Shortly after my neighbour met two undesirables running out my drive screaming like girls shouting at a van driver to get moving before the dogs got them :D

Have not set the alarm since and I keep forgetting to lock the back door.

I also have a big "Beware the Dog" sign out front.

Best thing I ever bought and they get on great with my 17 month old son.

Even the neighbours love them as they go mad when anyone goes into their yard.

Friends from the city keep telling me to get some obedience training for the boxer to stop him jumping and barking at people. He doesn't jump on kids so I think he is just fine.

Sorry to hear about that, Its a pain an the hole, Im presuming you called the gaurds, do they think anything can be done?

called gards, dere comin tomorrow to take prints... doubt if anything will come of it. The ***** also took, digital camera, digital video recorder, jewlery, and even aftershave and perfume!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

A friend of mine living in town came back to work yesterday to find a man wearing a builders yellow fluoresent jacket was in her appartment robbing the place. she locked herself into a room and called the guards. the man had a crow bar and was trying to get into the room. Apparently that wasn't the first time on that street where a man wearing the builders jacket was robbing the place. so watch out for that kind of thing. they tell the tenants that the landlord employed them to look at switches or fixtures or anything like that. This is just to make people aware of the things they may need to look out for. the builders jacket was a SISK one

• Advertisement

There has been an increase in all this kind of sh&t over the last year and it just seems to be getting worse. At least your friend was physically ok after it, proberbly a little shaken up I reckon.
    If there was one day a week for beating scum with sticks it might help to stop some of this but I dont see that happening any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The burglaries are being carried out by a group of vermin who were resettled out of Moyross to the Pike outside Rathkeale. Those kind folk in the council gave them a house. They've done 6 houses already, targetting the Rathkeale, Newcastle, Ardagh and surrounding areas. They're sending a young lad in thru open windows to get access to the houses. Everyone in the locality knows who is behind them. Well done county council, not happy with ruining nice areas like Raheen and Castletroy by resettling these scum, now you want to destroy the county too. Keep up the good work, dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Anyone hear anything about burglaries in Caherconlish? I heard that the small shop, hairdressers and PO were done ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

grenache wrote: »
    The burglaries are being carried out by a group of vermin who were resettled out of Moyross to the Pike outside Rathkeale. Those kind folk in the council gave them a house. They've done 6 houses already, targetting the Rathkeale, Newcastle, Ardagh and surrounding areas. They're sending a young lad in thru open windows to get access to the houses. Everyone in the locality knows who is behind them. Well done county council, not happy with ruining nice areas like Raheen and Castletroy by resettling these scum, now you want to destroy the county too. Keep up the good work, dickheads.

Installed hidden CCTV set a few days back perfect vision night and day, the house is never empty but just to be on the safe side!
    With this economy and aforementioned council of ours it's going to get worse.

Oh and I'll be sittin on me porch chewin tobaccy polishin my barrels waitin too, climb in my window will you!
    Go on I dare you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

called gards, dere comin tomorrow to take prints... doubt if anything will come of it. The ***** also took, digital camera, digital video recorder, jewlery, and even aftershave and perfume!!

Jesus sorry to hear that lad, out around golden eh they're spreading like the bacteria that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭briana7214

I can sympathise with Mark, had some stuff robbed last week :mad: compressor, cement mixer and kids go cart and trailer, had my 3yr old sobbing on my shoulder and worse was they never got to use it !!! :(
    god help anyone who comes into my yard without a VERY good reason from now on.

briana7214 wrote: »
    I can sympathise with Mark, had some stuff robbed last week :mad: compressor, cement mixer and kids go cart and trailer, had my 3yr old sobbing on my shoulder and worse was they never got to use it !!! :(
    god help anyone who comes into my yard without a VERY good reason from now on.

Thats some sickener.... the F*ckers... The shop in Carrigkerry was hit Friday night (early Sat mornin), the place was wrecked, they stole fags and money from the safe. A friend of mine was robbed friday afternoon around 2pm in Athea. A 70 year old man who lives in a cottage on his own. Lucky he wasnt there at the time [for the robbers sake, not his! :D] Burgaleries are becommming the norm in west Limerick. With the forensics people calling to 4 or 5 homes a day.
    This isnt going to stop until one of the robbers gets shot :) but they dont seem to be hitting places with people in them so its not gonna end any time soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Has anyone heard that there has been a huge amt of burglaries over the bank holiday weekend? Heard in work not sure hao true it is?

I heard of three ! one family had over 40k of stuff robbed including daughters b-day presents !!
    was talking to two of the others in pub the other night and found out there wer 5 of us in pub who had been burgled in the last month.
    this is getting a bit ridiculous imo :mad:

Whats going on? Were these all in NCW? Surely the guards must know something? I think most of us ordinary folks would like to feel secure in our homes, never mind holding onto the things we worked hard for. I have heard of 3 break in in the Woodfield area in the last month, is pretty scarey, and my brothers neighbours in Arraview stopped two thugs trying to get in his window while he was out. Thank God for decent neighbours, I hope u have some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Its seem to be happening all over co limerick:mad:

People lock up everything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Foiled burglary last night down the road from me passat spotted belonging to certain knacker family from ncw..Gaurds said they'll look into it:pac: usual storey

Watch out for new shape light blue passat or a black 04 old shape passat and/or blue swb transit...

Just watch out for ANY passats or transits as they seem to be their vehicles of choice !!!
    Apologies to anyone else who drives these but it seems to be the caes at the moment :o

Munstermad the ones I spoke to were from Foynes, Askeaton, Kilmeedy, NCW and Rathkeale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

grenache wrote: »

My parents said this too,we just live over the road from them. There doesnt seem to be any concrete proof of them being behind the recent spat of buglaries whatsoever. So far the 'proof' is based on hearsay, speculation and generalisation/stereotypes of travellers.

My guess is that its not due to one isolated traveller family. The recession has hit West Limerick hard. Most of my cousins who ranged from workers in Dell to auctioneers and architects are now unemployed, struggling to pay off mortagages and with no hope of a job insight.

We had an articulate young Irish women who had a good job with Dell and whose husband is a skilled carpenter, call to our house last week begging for some cleaning work! Its desperate times for many people.

I wouldnt rule out some really desperate people looking for money in really desperate ways

A few of the burgaleries in Athea were done be a red Suzuki Gran Vitara. The licence was in the 90's but no other information was seen. Gards dont seem to be doing anything. I dont know if its because of fear, incompetence or because their hands are tied. They know who is doing this but unless they catch them in the act nothing will be done. I can count 15 homes in a 2 mile radius who have been robbed within the last year and I live in the middle of nowhere.

Was talking to a Gard in Tipp and he said that he has come accross few robberies. This seems to be just a limerick problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

panda100 wrote: »
    My parents said this too,we just live over the road from them. There doesnt seem to be any concrete proof of them being behind the recent spat of buglaries whatsoever. So far the 'proof' is based on hearsay, speculation and generalisation/stereotypes of travellers.

My guess is that its not due to one isolated traveller family. The recession has hit West Limerick hard. Most of my cousins who ranged from workers in Dell to auctioneers and architects are now unemployed, struggling to pay off mortagages and with no hope of a job insight.

We had an articulate young Irish women who had a good job with Dell and whose husband is a skilled carpenter, call to our house last week begging for some cleaning work! Its desperate times for many people.

I wouldnt rule out some really desperate people looking for money in really desperate ways
    Oh trust me, they have been seen scoping out houses and acting suspiciously. These people are allies of the McCarthy-Dundon gang in the City and do not have a good bone in the bodies. Breaking into houses is second nature to these vermin.

2 more houses hit in shanagolden village in the last few days.... a few are being hit a week within a 2 mile radius of my house...
    We'd badly want someone to take the law into their own hands

There was an attempted robbery on riedy's petrol station a few nights ago. The gards chased them through the back roads, the boys abandoned the car and ran through the fields and got away. heard rumours that there were guns in the car.

The Wild Wild West (limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Few shops were done in Rathkeale as well last weekend, where the fcuk is this going to stop? the crowd that have done this have even burgaled traveller houses in Rathkeale in the past!

Heard last week theat Woodfield and Tic Toc were done in the last couple of weeks!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Does anyone know who was involved in this incident? I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same scum

http://www.kerryman.ie/news/armed-gardaiacute-called-in-to-restore-calm-in-abbeyfeale-1822413.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

tech2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who was involved in this incident? I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same scum

http://www.kerryman.ie/news/armed-gardaiacute-called-in-to-restore-calm-in-abbeyfeale-1822413.html

I answered my own question:

http://www.kerryman.ie/news/three-in-court-after-violence-in-abbeyfeale-1834380.html

Noting we dont know already but the limerick leader are reporting about it below. Its obvious that it is the scum being deployed around the county from Moyross is doing the damage. How can such an increase arise otherwise

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Chief-superintendent--crime-on.5427156.jp

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

2 cars robbed from VW garage in ncw during the wk

Coopers jewelery store in newcastle west was robbed at gunpoint yesterday at four in the afternoon I heard. Two lads in balacalavas pullled up on motorbike/s outside and robbed the place.
    Didn't hear how much or what was taken though.

• Advertisement

€40,000 worth of stuff taken from cowpers. Supposedly the motorbike said "RATHKEALE" on the numberplate instead of the usual LK or KY etc. This shows how comfortable these scumbags are with robbing places. The motorbike was taken up to Asumpta Park and torched. A car was waiting for them and they got away.

It took the Gards 15 mins to call down to Cowpers after it happned. Anyone who dosent know Newcastle West, you would walk from the barracks to Cowpers in no more than 3 mins.

Normoyles garage was also robbed last night (I think it was last night) They took the till and specialized equipment. They are right beside the Gards barraks for God sake.

Is there any hope of someone organising a protest or something? Are the Gardai not ashamed about the state that west Limerick is in now?

Advertisement