Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone tapping into my phone...is this possible?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nowso wrote: »
    What phones are not as Safe? It would be good thing to know

Define safe.

All phones are basically computers that can be programmed and have various forms of connectivity, including the phone network, bluetooth, and in some cases, WiFi. Each of these connection methods provides a door into the operating system of the phone, given the right software.

Therefore, I would think that potentially no phones are 100% safe from intrusion, given the right software.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Could somebody have listened in to your voicemail, it is awful easily done and as far as i know there is no way of knowing if somebody is listening to your voicemails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

faoilean wrote: »
    Hi ibarelycare, did you have any luck getting this sorted?

Hey, nothing has really happened since. There haven't been any more phone calls yet (they sometimes don't happen for weeks) so we're just going to wait until there is another so we can record it.
    vector wrote: »

did you buy your phone from your operator or ebay?

Bought it directly from phone operator
    Henne220 wrote: »
    Yes its in the Settings>Phone>Security Keyguard>set to on and put in your code.

I've done this, just in case! Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 townale

This is crazy, you poor girl.
    I'd be in a straitjacket by now.

Just my two cents but I'd be looking at crazy ex-girlfriends of your boyfriend trying to split you up.

So its all the info can be sourced from just your phone?

Def not e-mail?

I'd rule out the boyfriend if the info being used is specific to phone texts and calls, if it was him surely he'd be reading e-mail too.

Creepy. Hope you find out who's behind it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

What phones are u more and less likely to get hacked etc on for instance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nowso wrote: »
    What phones are u more and less likely to get hacked etc on for instance

How do you define if a phone is more or less likely to get "hacked"? :) The number of features? The number of bugs in the operating system? The number of programming tools for it? The number of communications standards it supports?

It's a very vague question, pretty difficult to quantify.

Mobile phone networks are private, controlled networks, the complete opposite of the internet. Hacking in the internet sense is most unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

any update on this? would be interested to know after all the discussion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

km991148 wrote: »
    any update on this? would be interested to know after all the discussion!

No still nothing! No more calls since. Sometimes he wouldn't get calls for a couple of months at a time so it's not unusual. I'll be sure to update if anything else comes of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Maybe he reads Boards and knows everyone is now interested in the story and he has backed off!!!!!

Advertisement