Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mature student starting in st.pats drumcondra

• 19-04-2009 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, I'm 23 years old and I am planning to go back to college this forthcoming September to complete a B Ed in primary school teaching. I've chosen St. patricks college in Dromcondra to do this and was just wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about it, what the college itself is like, if the course is enjoyable etc. I'm also worried about being one of the few mature students as I don't know what the general age group is. So feeling kind of nervous to say the least!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Best of luck to you. Have you checked out the forum on www.educationposts.com/forum ?

Probably be others like yourself there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Have you been out of study since your Leaving Cert or have you a Degree already? One thing I would say is that being a bit more mature, you should be more focussed than many of the others. When I was in training college many years ago, there was a mature (35 year old) who had been out of education for 18 years. I felt sorry for her, until she finished at the top of the class at the end of 1st year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

hiya
    im currently a B.Ed in Pats.im just nearing the end of first year. im just 23 this month.first of all, i absolutely love the college-its a great place, small but not too small if ya get me?people are all soo nice and its great fun. i would say dont seperate yourself from the younger people -as most of them are really nice and mature even tho they are only 18.plus there are loads of people that are like 20 or 21 and then lots of mature students also ranging from 23-40's like.dont worry about age.i was worried too at the start but to be honest, its just a number and everyone is soo nice and i have made friends ranging from 17 year olds to 25 year olds you know?no need to worry at all at all!!!!its a great place with a brilliant atmosphere.there's lots of work involved...i wont lie but its good and totally worth it and nothing is like totally hard you know...there's just soo much to do!!and the year absolutely flies by!!i really cant believe im finished in 2 weeks!!then off to the gaeltacht!!wahey!!cant wait!!
    Be looking forward to it for defo!!!you are going to have a ball!!!!trust me!

Máire!!x:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Hope you are still on course for next September. Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 debella52

hi did you start in Sept? i'm 22 at the mo and hopefully gonna apply for Sept 2011 when i'll be a mature student.:) did you go for the interview? are you staying on campus, did you consider any other colleges for primary??

• Advertisement
Advertisement