Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Me time"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Mmmm me time :)

Curled up on the couch with a book, a blanket and a cuppa...... Or taking the dog for a walk on a nice sunny evening like today.

Having a bath with bubbles and a trashy mag or a girly book... painting my toenails, moisturising from head to toe, watching Greys Anatomy or an equally romantic tv series, or a really really girly movie, where they always fall in love at the end...........

I want me time now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The best 'me time' for me is simply sitting on a beach (hot or cold) staring and at the waves and just thinking. I seem to go into a world of my own and get so completly relaxed after a few minutes. I love it :)

+1000001000010000 :)

even beter going for a surf no one can ring you talk to you and your out there on your own just sitting there :)

best place to escape to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

shellyboo wrote: »
    Oh and when I opened this thread, I thought "Me time" was a euphemism... :D

Um, that would definitely count as some of my "me time".

Some of my other favorite "me time" is spent Saturday mornings on the couch with a cup of coffee, jazz, and a good book. But oddly enough, I agree with Malari in saying that some of my "me time" is spent in the kitchen these days. I kick out the OH, put on some music, and start whipping something together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Cathooo wrote: »
    Me time would be being at home by myself and getting through a few things, beauty things or even clearing out something but having loads of time to do it while listening to music. Can't beat singing your heart out with no one having to listen!

I actually spent yesterday clearing out cupboards, with the windows wide open to let in the fresh air, and the music blaring,and it was bliss!
    beks101 wrote: »
    On an off topic note - I just don't get those people who seem to hate their own company and can think of nothing worse than a walk on the prom on their own. One of my best friends is like this.

Me neither. I am one of my favourite people to spend time with.
    The best 'me time' for me is simply sitting on a beach (hot or cold) staring and at the waves and just thinking. I seem to go into a world of my own and get so completly relaxed after a few minutes. I love it :)

QFT.There's something so relaxing about water. I love living near a beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

beks101 wrote: »
    On an off topic note - I just don't get those people who seem to hate their own company and can think of nothing worse than a walk on the prom on their own. One of my best friends is like this.

+1

i am entirely comfortable in my own company and am very rarely lonely or bored.

i feel sorry for people who are uneasy with themselves and are needy or clingy with others for that reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Sitting in a cafe reading a book or newspaper

Lying in bed watching TV/DVD

Browsing the web in peace

My favourite me-time though is the first hour or so after I get home from work, after the constant chatter and noise and madness and stress of the day, I just love closing the door behind me, kicking off the shoes and savouring the silence for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

When I go [horse] riding. I totally forget about the rest of my life for those 60 minutes ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

every evening when i get the kids to bed,

sit back on the couch, with a lovely fire on, and the computer on my lap..

HEAVEN :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

This thread is really making me miss horse riding :(

I must admit, I do enjoy getting my hair cut! I just enjoy feeling pretty I suppose... ultimate 'me time' would be a loooong lazy shower/ defuzz with all my girly scented shower stuff, followed by one of the strawberry scented massage bar yokes from Lush. Then I spend ages drying my hair, filing and painting my nails, and using various hand and foot creams. I probably smell like a perfume shop when I'm finished but who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i enjoy my sundays off where all i do is watch house, eat pizza and talk to friends on skype. i only get every second weekend off so its kinda special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hermione* wrote: »

QFT.There's something so relaxing about water. I love living near a beach.

you spend 9 months of your life submerged in a whom with water and maybe due to that affect it brings out a more dosaile feeling or something i think i read that some where having said that I love the water floating around on my back in my wet suit or body surfing i dunno i find all my troubles go away when im in the water... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Swimming is great for relaxing alright, I went for a splash twice this weekend and felt great after it. Couldn't count it as "me time" though because the safety implications of jumping off rocks into the Atlantic alone are not the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Hubby and I have no kids so we're lucky that we get plenty of time on our own as well as with eachother.

For him it's watching football, reading about football, listening to radio shows about football (are you seeing the pattern here?)

While he's doing that, I love going upstairs and watching the soaps while relaxing on my bed with a cup of tea and my cat curled up beside me. Choccy biccies are an added bonus.

General girly / beauty stuff is also nice, defuzzing, painting toe/fingernails, moisturising from head to toe etc. I feel lovely after it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Me time = hobby time for me.

Me and my sewing machine, me and my knitting needles and in the past month, me and my grow bags :eek:

It's great, no matter how crappy my mood in general, I can be found smiling away whilst doing these things.

I love knitting in the evenings whilst himself is reading or the TV is on. Having fun with a bunny-eared baby hat at the moment.

Long rambling walks amid the trees and their lovely ions, or through the city at night.

Long baths with the headphones on, so you can't hear the desperate pleas from the small bladder owners.

F1, it is the only form of entertainment that people know not to disturb me during.
    Lest they get held personally responsible for causing an unfavorable outcome.

Getting to zone out mentally, on a long drive. Or getting totally absorbed in a cocoon of some other world, via an audiobook. Sucks when you reach your destination though, and not only is it over but you realise you arent a pirate princess.

My sauna is full of bickering old people, giving out to eastern europeans for not speaking in a language that they can evesdrop on.
    Are there really sauna's where this doesnt happen?

Advertisement