Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All TV channels missing, but radio is fine - any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peadar99

Had some weirdness as well when experimenting with rescans - a full rescan at about 1pm cleared the 4 tv channels again. However, it shortly afterwards came up with the "Channels Found" popup - a rescan through that fixed them back in again (in the right order also).
    It looks like they may be experimenting as well at the transmission end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Yep, they're messing about with the transmissions, I'm after checking mine again and there are no TV stations coming in from Three Rock And Kippure, just the radio stations so they're after changing the service type again. Pity that for anyone who has a freesat Panasonic and did'nt get tuning in the full mux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Just did a scan on my Th-50PZ81B and got the TV stations. The type is listed as Pay-Tv

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Great stuff - nice to have them back again!
    Rescanned in Galway on 42pz81
    Thanks RTENL. Boo panasonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

I also have a Panasonic 42pz81. When I rescanned earlier today,the TV channels came in after the radio. Is it still the same?

Presumably there is no way to shift the tv channels to top of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Rescanned 3Rock this morning- picking up 9 services- but cannot get anything (Radio is dead as well as TV). Tried on two different model Sony's with same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

I've been rescanning all this week but there seems to be no signal at all form ciarn hill in longford..
    Can anyone confirm this for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did a rescan on Mullaghanish ( i had data previously saved on SD so can rescan with safety!) and indeed all channels came up on my z81, only difference being that RTENL test is no longer 816 but 808. Getting full signal strength here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

psham wrote: »
    I've been rescanning all this week but there seems to be no signal at all form ciarn hill in longford..
    Can anyone confirm this for me?

I am getting no signal from Cairn hill on DTT the last few days ( could have been longer but didn't check) outside Tullamore. Was recieveing it no problem in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

RTE1 is coming and going all night, anyone else with same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Digital from 3Rock at incredibly low signal strength. I can see the services are there- but strength isn't sufficient to lock even DAB radio services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 skycatcher

Hi,

PEADAR99 - can you upload the sd file for claremont cairn as I have tried a rescan today but not picking up the tv channels:confused:.

Cheers,

SkyC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Maybe I'm mistaken, but RTÉNL seem to be doing something quite strange with the flags for the channels since Friday. They appear to be updating the SDT service types every few seconds, so that the channels are flagged as "Digital Television Service" and then as "Advanced codec SD service" some seconds later.

Firstly:
    3848034391_befaa4497b_o.jpg

Secondly:
    3848837284_9106104578_o.jpg

This is the sort of thing that could send a receiver into an endless updating loop as reported here.

Meanwhile, all the channels are listed as "advanced codec" in the NIT.
    3847968745_d42464fcac_o.jpg

Skycatcher - Here's the hotel_setup files for Clermont - it's for an LCD, so I dunno will it work ok with a plasma, if that's what you've got.

Thanks for the fast response....I do have a plasma (46PZ81B) - now I'm a bit nervous about installing it :eek:! Does anyone here know if the lcd & plasma files are compatible?

Sky:confused:

Can't say for sure whether it'll work or not, but there was an earlier post on this thread (#153) which said an lcd file didn't work on a plasma [or maybe it was the other way round] - they got an incorrect model error.
    It didn't appear to do them any damage, at any rate.

If I was trying it myself I'd chance copying in the svl_file bit in on top of a copy you'd gotten from the tv to start with, and leave the other files, but I'd be chancing my arm.

Whatever you do, back up a copy of your existing file setup someplace safe, if that's not stating the obvious...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

skycatcher wrote: »
    Thanks for the fast response....I do have a plasma (46PZ81B) - now I'm a bit nervous about installing it :eek:! Does anyone here know if the lcd & plasma files are compatible?

Sky:confused:

I have 42PZ81B and tried the LZ file just got an incompatibility message. No harm but no good. You need any PZ81B file. You can use a file from another transmitter assuming it's the same channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 yel

I'm living in Portlaoise - think I'm recieving from Kipure- I have a 32" PZ81-

Got the Irish channels there now - this is what I did:

- Press Menu on the remote
    - Setup
    - Tuning Menu
    - Add New DVD Services

Allowed to scan and then the channels were there- happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mcskull

I have Panny PZ81B here in Cratloe,Co.Clare receiving from Woodcock hill. rescanned DVBT channels and ALL are back.happy days!!. must be careful not to rescan if advised by message on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Wouldn't it be a good idea for those who have recently got their channels back to back them up to the SD card and make a central database of said files here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MPEG4

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a good idea for those who have recently got their channels back to back them up to the SD card and make a central database of said files here.

PZ800 backup of Maghera Transmitter.

Was Prompted to rescan by my panny and it found the rte channels again!
    I will now do the back and post the file here for future use!

Sky:D

Excellent that, Skycatcher...
    That sounds a lot like how they loaded for me in the first place as well.

They seem to be doing a lot of cycling of the service type at the moment - I wonder will it stay like that after they finally go live with the Digital service.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pipkato

I've read quite a few of the recent posts, but I'm a little confused about what's happening.

Is Three Rock again transmitting an RTE signal that Panasonic PZ81 plasmas can scan and store?

I used a backup file to get mine back working again, so don't want to take the risk of scanning and losing what I have.

For anyone needing a file for claremont cairn (Ch 53).

This is for PZ81B

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

For the record,

Mullaghanish Ch 21 for PZ81B.zip

Spur Hill Ch 45 for PZ81B.zip
    (Will also work for Mt. Leinster Ch 45)

Also
    Irish DTT Frequencies (2007).pdf

The channel is the priority, all files should work for you if the channel is correct for your area.

Will only work for the Panasonic PZ81B series.

Regards,
    GG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

I took a chance and re-scanned for the Irish channels last night on my TX-32LZD81. The TV initially only found the radio stations. I then turned the New Service Message ON. When I exited the menu, the TV instantly told me that new services were available and I re-scanned.

All 4 TV channels appeared as well as the radio stations. The EPG for TV and Radio was also available.

I am tuned into Three Rock.

Happy days :)

RTÉNL have reverted to transmitting the "advanced codec flag" only, so you should probably ignore any requests to do a channel update, or you risk losing all the DTT channels again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Any recommend a 'cheap' CI module to allow the PZ81 to tune the DTT properly.

• Advertisement

No.

A CI module will only work if the channels are scanned in beforehand. If the channels are scanned in beforehand on a PZ81, then you don't need the module!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Did a quick check and rescan all Digital TV and radio channels from 3 Rock now properly detected. TV channels marked as free TV. Do a rescan quick and make sure to turn off auto update....Best to save to SD card as well I guess!!!:D:D

Cheers

Aepos

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pipkato

Thanks Aepos. Just did the same and it worked fine on my Panasonic PZ8142.

Just noticed the guide and info is one hour ahead of real time...Interesting but annoying also. :eek: Ae

EPG/Guide fixed, now in real time...Thank you RTENL...

Ae

Just getting sound today on an LZD81 (from Clermont Carn) - it was working ok last night [though the audio on TV3 was out of sync].

There seems to be an almightly lag as well when you change channel and it involves one of the 4 DTT channels - including going from DVB to Freesat.

• Advertisement

hi,

due to the uk freeview rescan requirement yesterday i have now lost my rte dtt channels :(

does anyone know if it is possible to edit the hotel file to remove channels so that i could just leave the ch 53 details and then rescan individual uk dtt channels?

Forever living in hope - Sky

Attached new Hotel folder for Pannys Ch 54 & 61 added as per today.

I hope it is handy for someone!

Cheers Ae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

What's the situation with doing a rescan these days? Will the channels disappear again?

I have the channels (thanks to someone sharing the settings) but I don't get any EPG info, which is something I can live with but is a bit of a drag.

What's the situation with doing a rescan these days? Will the channels disappear again?

I have the channels (thanks to someone sharing the settings) but I don't get any EPG info, which is something I can live with but is a bit of a drag.

It's currently safe to scan - they are using the "old" flags. I don't know why they are continually chopping and changing. Tests for the sake of tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Apogee wrote: »
    It's currently safe to scan - they are using the "old" flags. I don't know why they are continually chopping and changing. Tests for the sake of tests.

Thanks for the info - have the EPG back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Aepos wrote: »
    Attached new Hotel folder for Pannys Ch 54 & 61 added as per today.

I hope it is handy for someone!

Cheers Ae

Aepos - presume this is for the 32LZD81 I presume. Pani Owners NB: Only use on the exact same model.

I'd hate to see some lurker or new to the thread zap their PZ81 or worse their G10!

That these flashes work just makes a mockery of Panasonics stance. Good man.

Might be handy to just have the zips for each model and each Transmitter in a sticky ?

Yes it is for the32LZD81 series of Pannys, Sorry should have made that clear.

All seems to be working but text has gone for the moment.

Cheers Ae

SORRY[Should read 3 Rock and not Kippure.........

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MustangMick

RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3 and TG4 back up again yesterday on Clermont Cairn (Dundalk) EPG as well. Using a P42G10B no changes or fiddling about.

Cheers
    Mick

OK - here is a new hotel file for claremont ch 53. This has the latest UK freeview changes and the RTE channels. This is for a 46pz81b

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

Here's a file for Cairnhill ch47. It has RTE channels for a panasonic 37pz81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭WHL

I am attaching the files for Spur Hill for a Panasonic 37LZD81

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Did anyone do a recent scan for Mt Leinster including with the test/news channel ? If so can you post the hotel file? Thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Has anyone the Hotel file for Panny L32G10B for 3 Rock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Sam

There is a specific hack that allows you to temporarily turn your g10b into a european model. You then do a scan, save the stations and reset to UK setting again to re-enable Freesat 7 day epg.

Its in the Pani thread about Sound problem.

See
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69166612&postcount=54

Download the word document and follow it carefully then do your scan save the settings and revert back using the original line numbers. You have to be patient and be careful in there. Make sure you change the right line.

When you have done that, back it up so you dont have to do anything like that again

• Advertisement
Advertisement