Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms

Options
  • 19-04-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I heard last night that Trinity Rooms is 19's now to get in??

Has anybody else heard this or know how true it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

The bouncers seem to pluck the age limit out of thin air in that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

alan1990 wrote: »

Has anybody else heard this or know how true it is?

there is always the icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

alan1990 wrote: »
    Yep, under 19's only. They have been running it on a pilot basis for the last two years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aidric wrote: »
    Yep, under 19's only. They have been running it on a pilot basis for the last two years.

Ha ha, Under 19s only, that might well explain how Molly's is always full :D

Trinity Rooms has been "19 and Over" on Saturday nights for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

An File wrote: »

Really?
    I got in fine before Christmas, (I turned 18 in October)

Twas shoite anyways.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

An File wrote: »

Really i never knew that!!
    Thanks anyway I was worrying that they had changed it or somethin:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

No I think it really is 19s now. Some of my friends went down last night and said that there's a sign up now as well. We just went to Bitterend instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Do they still provide the nappy changing service for the clientele?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They're gonna lose so many customers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

from what i can gather, new stricter door policy since the easter weekend. The point is to lose the younger customers, and attract back the older clientele. I also hear other clubs policy getting more relaxed due to recession, so should be an interesting swing in the next few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

zuroph wrote: »
    The point is to lose the younger customers, and attract back the older clientele.

Haha, no chance

Roadend wrote: »
    Haha, no chance
    Plenty of chance TBF, Lots of good gigs lined up for the summer, the only club in Limerick doing that, and already hearing plenty of moaning on here about the crowds in the other places, so when theres even more "kids" in the other places, and a decent gig going on down there, the choice would be pretty simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I'd be interested to hear some proof that other places are being more lax on the door due to the recession? Icon still over 20s and nancys 21s they haven't changed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Risteard wrote: »
    No I think it really is 19s now. Some of my friends went down last night and said that there's a sign up now as well. We just went to Bitterend instead.

There's no way it's over 19s every night, Mary I has the place every Tuesday and there's plenty of students who aren't 19 yet. Maybe it's a weekend thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Passed by the arch that goes into the bar last night at 10 pm and the gates were closed.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Passed by the arch that goes into the bar last night at 10 pm and the gates were closed.
    dont think they open the bar on a sunday, that was always generally the case i think.

As for other places changing their policy, its all hearsay, but Icon defintely changed their attitude a long time ago about who they would and wouldnt let in. Nancys has never changed, why would they, they have an established crowd that they like. I've heard mixed things about how Angel lane is running their door now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I have been in the Icon many times in the past and never once have I caused trouble in there and never went up to the door pissed drunk. Then one night me and a few friends who came down from Cork for the weekend went down to the Icon and I was the only one who got stopped (my friends from Cork had never been in the Icon before) I asked the bouncer (who let me in many times in the past) why I could not go in that night and he told me that they had trouble with me before (not true) I said nothing and we all went to another club. A few weeks later I went down to the Icon and the same thing again! it's crazy as I have never done a thing wrong down there, That was about a year ago and I have never gone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Icon has been over 20s for the last 5 years and that still hasn't changed I can assure you of that. Couldn't tell you about angel lane. They have a sign saying over 21s but from what I gather that's not strictly enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i heard trinity rooms are trying to get the 'old' crowd back so they can compete with angel lane

they want to get rid of the children crowd rep they have gotten themselves at the weekends since angel lane opened. i dont think it will work unless they close over the summer and re brand the newest place (ie angel lane) is always the fashionable place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Icon has been over 20s for the last 5 years and that still hasn't changed I can assure you of that. Couldn't tell you about angel lane. They have a sign saying over 21s but from what I gather that's not strictly enforced.

ye in theory icon and smyths are over 21s all the time but during the week its not enforced at all but they are defo more strict at the weekend than trooms

iv only been to angel lane once and it was a c+s thing so everyone got in nice place same poser crowd that used to be in trooms though. maybe its different at the weekends.

iv been hearing good things about nancys alot recently sounds like its not a student crowd at all like everywhere else during the week so i think ill check it out when i get the chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

zuroph wrote: »
    Plenty of chance TBF, Lots of good gigs lined up for the summer, the only club in Limerick doing that, and already hearing plenty of moaning on here about the crowds in the other places, so when theres even more "kids" in the other places, and a decent gig going on down there, the choice would be pretty simple.

Limerick is a fickle place, once a place has lost its draw that's it usually unless they have some kind of radical revamp. What kind of "good" gigs do they have planned? If its DJ's and the like that'll be nice for the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

if trinity rooms are serious about changing the crowd it would be need to be 20's min....19's is has bad as kids.or better still leave in the nice kids..not the chav boys with diamond earrings and stripey jumpers crowd/knacker girls.i like trinity rooms sometimes but the scobe crowd on a saturday is a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I think it's a joke, i'm eighteen myself and soon there will nowhere to go till i'm 20! The only place really left is molly's and that's not even that great..

Trinity are getting much stricter but to the wrong people, they leave in underager's and then don't leave it people who are over eighteen! Its very annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

thing about trinity rooms is:

1) every scumbag in limerick goes there
    2) ridiculously full on saturdays/thursdays
    3) ****ing yuppies with pink tops and collars up everywhere
    4) people always seem to have the sniffles in the toilets (never figured out why)
    5) bouncers are pricks who dont realise they're only bouncers there cos they haven't got the intelligence to actually do anything worthwhile with themselves
    6) damn near impossible to get a drink and when you do it gets knocked by some drunk twat who was jumping around lik a knob with his 16 year old friends.

Apart from that lovely spot

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bring back Docs. :D :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Trinity rooms is a ****in play ground for pedofiles. anal pain is ok. Icon is the best. not saying Icon is brilliant, but out of the 3 its probably the best. bouncers are **** everywhere. nobody should let them have an effect on their night. thats what the brick heads want. u get turned down you head away and say nothing.
    Who ever said earlier that durin the week its very young with all these 17 year old students. of course it is. if it wasn't for them the night clubs would be shut durin the week. so if you 18, just go out during the week and leave us alone durin the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Iang87 wrote: »

Is there a rough crowd in there these days? Only been a few times...thankfully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

vkid wrote: »
    Is there a rough crowd in there these days? Only been a few times...thankfully
    Haha no its not tough at all. Its just full of young little tossers who think they're scumbags... but at the end of the day... they wear pink T-shirts and their parents pick them up after the night club. It's definetly not rough.
    I did see Micheal Jackson talking with Gary Glitter at the DJ box though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

trinity is actually a great club i think..bouncers seem good and helpful,had a dealing with them one night over a handbag,cctv all over.just on a weekend night its mainly young,alot of decent lads acting the scumbag,but there is a element of fred perry,stripey jumpers,diamond earring type lads there.at least make them take off all their scobe earrings going in it might make think twice and give a bit of respect.tuesdays and thursdays night are great for students its just friday and saturday is a bit scummy but never seen any bad trouble inside as i said earlier the security seem very good in there

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    thing about trinity rooms is:

Ridiculous, one of the tighter door policies in the city
    2) ridiculously full on saturdays/thursdays
    Thursdays fair enough, student night, Saturday, not really
    3) ****ing yuppies with pink tops and collars up everywhere
    Really not, place has the broadest range of customers, from rugby types to metallers and punks.
    4) people always seem to have the sniffles in the toilets (never figured out why)
    Again, not the clubs faults but they do have3 a zero tolerance policy and I've seen them eject more than a few people for this. cubicles are tightly monitored to make sure theres no "sharing" going on.
    5) bouncers are pricks who dont realise they're only bouncers there cos they haven't got the intelligence to actually do anything worthwhile with themselves
    Rubbish again, the politest door staff I've come across in any club, they'll hold the door for you, chat and smile. when the club changed over from docs the new owners made a huge effort to change the perception of "bouncers". I know for a fact that this is one of the things they pride themselves on.
    6) damn near impossible to get a drink and when you do it gets knocked by some drunk twat who was jumping around lik a knob with his 16 year old friends.
    6 bars. 5 of them very very long. Never had a problem getting served in there.
    Apart from that lovely spot

I just hate hearing the clichés rolled out.

Advertisement