Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

zuroph wrote: »
    I just hate hearing the clichés rolled out.
    Zuroph in fairness, you must work there do you???? The bouncers there are pricks and they are not tight on the door. they leave every 16 year old girl that goes out into that night club as long as they are dressed... accordingly (if you know what I mean). They may pride themselves on being complete wasters because the bouncers in trinity rooms are definetly among the worst i've ever met. particularly this fat clown called gary that works there. what an idiot. The Zero tolerance in the toilets.... i'm pretty sure every night club has a zero tolerance on taking drugs in the toilet.
    The rest is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

nope, don't work there, know some people that work/worked there, just like the place and hate hearing it bashed, cos without the place i wouldnt get to see some of the acts they bring in, and would be stuck between costellos or ****e chart music on a night out.
    I do a bit of magic there from time to time too, and find the crowd easier to approach and chat to than other places.
    If you ever have a problem with security down there though, bring it forward to the managers, cos they really do try to provide the most professional security around, and genuinely take all complaints on board.
    People just have to accept theres different venues for different people. and yes, the young crowd was annoying me in trinity rooms, but if they're going to make an effort to change that, it suits me, because for me its my favourite for comfort, price, world-famous acts, alternative gigs, etc etc. Their birthday party gig last year was possibly my favourite night out of the year, unbelievable buzz.

Fair enough I suppose. every one has different taste that is true. and all though I just went to town on how bad the bouncers are there, the bouncers are not really any better anywhere else. As for gigs and all that... I don't have the patients to watch some indie freak leapin around in a rainbow dress or some muppet from limerick Rapping. a magic show would be more entertaining. a night club for me is already passed the comfort zone. its about being locked and talkin to my mates and laughing for the entire night. as long as the mates are there it doesn't matter about the rest.

Funnily enough, they put on regular magic stuff (once every other month), usually with a big name like Marc Oberon or so on. When the magic conference was in town, they extended invites to all the magicians attending, and i think 8-10 of us were in there doing walkaround magic.
    And when I said Alternative, I didnt mean in the alternative miss limerick sense ;). I meant like lightboard DJs, dark hiphop like dalek, World champion DJs like C2C, bands like alabama 3, Burlesque shows, swing bands etc etc. I just like the variety, if I'm not enjoying one room, I can wander outside, and something totally different is going on.

Im sure some people just want to listen to chart music when they're out, i hear enough of it on the radio all week while working.

I agree. If they sorted out the kids then it could possibly become popular among the older crowd again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I never had a problem with the Docs bouncers and never found them to be ignorant or anything like that:confused: They were actually a good laugh as it happens

Would you be a female????

Me? No I remember the days when the courtyard door would close at 9.30-10 on a Saturday due to he crowds in Doc's bar, Jimmy Butler often opened the door for a peek out and let me in if I arrived too late as he did with others

Oh right... maybe they just liked you then. From what I remember they weren't too bad but then again, my memory isn't good from them days. docs used to be sooooo easy in so many ways, and it was full of kids well 17 & 18 year olds. thats were i used to go when I was 17. there was one greasy bastard that was there but I can't remember if he was working there near the end of docs or the start of trinity rooms. it was a pure wierd name he had but an absolute tool

I dunno, I'm going back about 13 years or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Originally Posted by Iang87
    thing about trinity rooms is:

1) every scumbag in limerick goes there
    Ridiculous, one of the tighter door policies in the city
    2) ridiculously full on saturdays/thursdays
    Thursdays fair enough, student night, Saturday, not really
    3) ****ing yuppies with pink tops and collars up everywhere
    Really not, place has the broadest range of customers, from rugby types to metallers and punks.
    4) people always seem to have the sniffles in the toilets (never figured out why)
    Again, not the clubs faults but they do have3 a zero tolerance policy and I've seen them eject more than a few people for this. cubicles are tightly monitored to make sure theres no "sharing" going on.
    5) bouncers are pricks who dont realise they're only bouncers there cos they haven't got the intelligence to actually do anything worthwhile with themselves
    Rubbish again, the politest door staff I've come across in any club, they'll hold the door for you, chat and smile. when the club changed over from docs the new owners made a huge effort to change the perception of "bouncers". I know for a fact that this is one of the things they pride themselves on.
    6) damn near impossible to get a drink and when you do it gets knocked by some drunk twat who was jumping around lik a knob with his 16 year old friends.
    6 bars. 5 of them very very long. Never had a problem getting served in there.
    Apart from that lovely spot

Couldn't have said it better myself, that was a load of rubbish.
    I have never seen scumbag's in Trinity. The staff are actually nice too, the whole "never get served" is a load of rubbish, if one bar is busy you can easily go to another of the many they have there which are like 20 seconds away from each other at most!

Just because some place isn't to your taste does not make it instantly rubbish...

TheLoc wrote: »
    I agree. If they sorted out the kids then it could possibly become popular among the older crowd again.

No offence I am not taking a dig but seriously older people have enough pubs/bars in Limerick. Leave young people at least have one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Resi12 wrote: »
    Couldn't have said it better myself, that was a load of rubbish.
    I have never seen scumbag's in Trinity. The staff are actually nice too, the whole "never get served" is a load of rubbish, if one bar is busy you can easily go to another of the many they have there which are like 20 seconds away from each other at most!

Just because some place isn't to your taste does not make it instantly rubbish...

no you see the thing is it is rubbish. Its a ****hole and as for the other dude who put all the red lines under my post am seriously you've never been stopped goin in for no apparent reason which happens someone i know every week. and there are always scum in there and there are always yuppies in there and there are always people taking coke in the toilets. Simple as

Iang87 wrote: »
    no you see the thing is it is rubbish. Its a ****hole and as for the other dude who put all the red lines under my post am seriously you've never been stopped goin in for no apparent reason which happens someone i know every week. and there are always scum in there and there are always yuppies in there and there are always people taking coke in the toilets. Simple as
    name me one place in limerick that doesnt
    a) refuse people
    b) have scum or "yuppies" drinking there
    c) have customers taking cocaine secretly in the jacks.

name one thats void of all three. Your argument is ridiculous. Bouncers don't give reasons to avoid getting into an arguement. managements decision is final. much worse is my mates who were turned away from a club with the line"your shoes are way too cool for this place!" :rolleyes:

Iang87 wrote: »

I never see scum in there? Are you crazy!?
    And there are always people taking coke in other pubs/clubs around Limerick but really who cares? Is it harming you?

Well they musn't like the look of your friend then, Get over it. Go somewhere else jesus..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And there are always people taking coke in other pubs/clubs around Limerick but really who cares? Is it harming you?

I know it's a completely different argument altogether, but using the "it doesn't harm you directly" response to drug-dealing/taking is one of the reasons we have so many drug-dealing scumbags in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I never see scum in there? Are you crazy!?

Well they musn't like the look of your friend then, Get over it. Go somewhere else jesus..

jesus sorry for slagging your beloved trinity rooms, and to answer your go somewhere else place i generally do but some of my friends like that god foresaken place.

i just personally dont see how any1 can like it in there simple as, get over it dude about the drug use thing actually thats why limerick is ****ed up. The oh not harming me attitude

Advertisement