Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Limbaugh & Sean Hannity

Options
  • 19-04-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a website where I can listen to Rush Limbaugh's show? Also if you know of a place for Sean Hannity's show that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It was too hard too google that? For the love of jehibbittydibbidiah: it was the first hit :rolleyes:

http://www.talkradiotime.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

I'd like to know one good reason for adding listenership figures to Limbaugh's ignorant, homophobic, hateful, xenophobic show?

Bigger audience = bigger ad revenue = longer life = more converts and on and on...

Hannity is a little less extreme, but cut from similar cloth nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

r0nanf wrote: »
    I'd like to know one good reason for adding listenership figures to Limbaugh's (...) show?

A chance to hear the truth for once perhaps?

Pocono Joe wrote: »

Maybe you should watch the whole video clip from Jon Stewart's show (comedy aside) and look for Hannity talking to that Minnesotan airhead about "fighting tyranny" and tell me then if he speaks the truth.

Re Limbaugh, any connection between him and truthful reporting is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

He'd have to start being honest first. Making his theme tune "Doctor, Doctor" by UFO would be a start.....

• Advertisement

Maybe you should watch (or read) Limbaugh’s speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC)... or y'all could just keep using the Comedy Channel as source for political viewpoints. :rolleyes:
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030209/content/01125106.guest.html

The clip is from Hannity's show, and it is Hannity talking. Whether it's being relayed on the Comedy Channel or Fox News itself doesn't alter the moronic content.

If you want to eulogize Limbaugh, why don't you eulogize this gem:

"As I said yesterday, truce is an old Arabic word. Goes way, way back in Islamic-Arabic culture, and it means, "We will get you later."

Hmmmmm. Didn't he say that Obama was an Arab?

Didn't he make various remarks on Obamas race?

Didn't he say that Bush disowned the claim of Saddam seeking Uranium in Africa when he (Bush) in fact did the oppossite?

Didn't he claim that the Sept 11 Commission established a meeting between Al Qaeda and Iraq when it established the oppossite?

And there was the belittling of torture, cheer-leading the war, the casual racism.....

Wow... I’ve got to hand it to you, digested Limbaugh’s 1-1/2 hour speech and formulated a response is less than 13 minutes... y’all are good!

Maybe you should watch (or read) Limbaugh’s speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC)... or y'all could just keep using the Comedy Channel as source for political viewpoints. :rolleyes:
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030209/content/01125106.guest.html

We don't hate anybody. We don't -- I mean, the racism in this country, if you ask me, I know many people in this audience -- let me deal with this head on. You know what the cliche is, a conservative: racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe. Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen of America, if you were paying attention, I know you were, the racism in our culture was exclusively and fully on display in the Democrat primary last year. [Applause]spc.gif

What a saint....You'd never know this the same man who said
    LIMBAUGH: But he’s not black. Do you know he has not one shred of African-American blood? He doesn’t have any African — that’s why when they asked whether he was authentic, whether he’s down for the struggle. He’s Arab. You know, he’s from Africa. He’s from Arab parts of Africa. He’s not — his father was — he’s not African-American. The last thing that he is is African-American.
    http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/23/limbaugh-obama-arab/

or
    Today Limbaugh repeated the lie. While attempting to deny that race may play a role in the presidential campaign, Limbaugh read portions of a Philadelphia Daily News article by Dave Davies. Limbaugh inaccurately quoted Davies’s article, inserting the word “Arab” into a description of Obama’s ethnicity. According to Limbaugh, the article read:
    Obama’s name and his Arab-African heritage are obstacles to the party’s chances of capturing the White House, party activists are finding.

In reality, Davies’s article reads:
    Obama’s name and his African heritage are obstacles to the party’s chances of capturing the White House, party activists are finding.

Or the man who told an African american caller to ring him back when she'd taken "that bone" out of her nose.

And classics like
    I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

and
    . You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Its bad enough the fat git is a bigot, but he compounds it with his hypocrisy...
    http://newsone.blackplanet.com/elections/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

• Advertisement

Oh yeah... and before I once again get accused of not responding to questions posed at me, please provide sources for your questions, and not just from some liberal blog. I want to see the whole content of the passages you noted, not just some clips taken out of context which the left so loves to do. (Don’t forget... I want whole content.)

Wow... I’ve got to hand it to you, digested Limbaugh’s 1-1/2 hour speech and formulated a response is less than 13 minutes... y’all are good!

There are boards where - all too unfortunately - c&p's from right wing yahoos are lashed up as "discussion". As a result some of us are all too familiar with him and his ilk.....

No, and I never claimed that I did watch it. My understanding is that his 30 minute talk went on for 90 minutes. Sounds delightful.

Anyway, any conference that awards Limbaugh with a "Defender of the Constitution" award is a joke. In that very speech you've referred to he misquotes the Constitution...

Oh yeah... and before I once again get accused of not responding to questions posed at me, please provide sources for your questions, and not just from some liberal blog. I want to see the whole content of the passages you noted, not just some clips taken out of context which the left so loves to do. (Don’t forget... I want whole content.)

Go look it up. Theres no "whole content" that could justify that lot above.....

Nodin wrote: »
    Go look it up. Theres no "whole content" that could justify that lot above.....

You no follow rules... Me no answer questions!

You no follow rules... Me no answer questions!

I didn't ask any. He's a hypocrical scum bag, I posted a fairly short (but illustrative) set of examples, QED. He's notorious, for Jaysus sake.

Odd but these look like questions to me. Then I guess it’s just my right wing yahooism slant that deceives me.
    Nodin wrote: »
    Hmmmmm. Didn't he say that Obama was an Arab?

Didn't he make various remarks on Obamas race?

Didn't he say that Bush disowned the claim of Saddam seeking Uranium in Africa when he (Bush) in fact did the oppossite?

Didn't he claim that the Sept 11 Commission established a meeting between Al Qaeda and Iraq when it established the oppossite?

Odd but these look like questions to me. Then I guess it’s just my right wing yahooism slant that deceives me.

Fergot I posted that....Sorry. My left-wing lifestyle had caught up with me.

No problem Nodin... sometimes we all get caught up with our own viewpoints and forget that others diametrically opposed in views are also just as passionate on certain topics. (Rush taught me that. :) Only kidding... unfortunately I don’t get a chance to listen to him except for the occasional run at lunchtime in the car --- And yes, it’s a gas guzzling eco-unfriendly behemoth SUV – I guess sometimes the stereotypes do fit).

When im bored of my CDs and my rock station is being gay, I listen to the Rightwing radio station. Full of teh Glenn Beck and teh Rushbo. Sorry Joe, but I think the guy is a propoganda machine. Sometimes he makes his point. Other times though, its just Rabble Rabble Leftwing BAD rabble rabble. Like I said, within the last 2 weeks I have directly heard him try to convince his listeners that Colleges were Leftwing brainswashing camps/facilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Overheal wrote: »
    When im bored of my CDs and my rock station is being gay, I listen to the Rightwing radio station. Full of teh Glenn Beck and teh Rushbo. Sorry Joe, but I think the guy is a propoganda machine. Sometimes he makes his point. Other times though, its just Rabble Rabble Leftwing BAD rabble rabble. Like I said, within the last 2 weeks I have directly heard him try to convince his listeners that Colleges were Leftwing brainswashing camps/facilities.

But they ARE! Haven't you ever noticed that people who go to college tend to lean to the left? What other possible explanation could there be?

But they ARE! Haven't you ever noticed that people who go to college tend to lean to the left? What other possible explanation could there be?
    I know right. Thats why Rushbo failed outta college :rolleyes: Either he fundamentally fails to understand 20-something psychology or he's resentful.

Then about 2 weeks ago he got into a huge spiel for his whole 2 hours because he claimed he privately told Obama "I Hope You Fail" at a Dinner Party, and that Obama blatantly said "I don't care what you think. I got elected. Deal with it."

Well, Rushbo's phone lines soon lit up, because apparently a few weeks before this he claimed that he never spoke with the president. So after listening to him try to flop around for 2 hours to get himself out of the issue its hard for me to hear what he has to say without wondering how much of it is true, how much of it is taken out of context and how much of it is just fabricated to further his political ideals....So basically he's the Jon Stewart of Radio, only much less amusing with much less investigative reporting.

Don’t worry Overheal. You will learn to appreciate Rush in time… You do recall that famous Winston Churchill quote don’t you? :)

Don’t worry Overheal. You will learn to appreciate Rush in time… You do recall that famous Winston Churchill quote don’t you? :)
    Que? I only listen on the odd occasion. So if he was quoting Churchill im in the dark. The only other recent show that comes to mind is when he went on a bender of a rant about Hillary laughing when she was giving her statement about the Somali Pirates. I caught about 20 mins of his show yesterday when he had some Democratic callers talking about their understanding of the TEA parties and they made some very good points. Surprisingly, Rushbo allowed them to talk - he likes hanging up on people usually :rolleyes: But then they were saying pretty much what I just said about the Tea Parties; that there is some justification.

Still a bit of a nutter that guy :pac: Find myself shouting at my center console a lot.

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Well Obama is certainly not 20 odd so what explains that the the 54% of the electoratic that voted for him.:pac:

Rush is an egomaniac and Hannity wants to be him. Simple as!
    If Rush is the "leader" of the republican party then it will be a long time before they are back in power again.

If you follow and agree what he says then you are no better the a turd in a toilet and believe me, I have some very strong views about law & order and about social welfare etc. Most of them on the conservative side of things but rush is a fool, too concerned about his ratings and his pills to give a damm about anyone. Juding by the weight he has put on lately he will die of a heart attack soon enough. I dont wish death on many people but his I would gladly welcome.

It is one thing to be a bit of a dick like billo, glenn beck (I actually find him funny!) and so on but rush is the worst of the lot.

Lookup Youtube for Rush and Michael J. Fox and you will see what a human being he is!

jank wrote: »
    If you follow and agree what he says then you are no better the a turd in a toilet...

Well, you know the old saying; "Opinions Are Like Assholes..."

And some Arseholes are bigger than others. Rush is the king a big arseholes.

Good comeback.

• Advertisement

Oh its not a comeback at all! Its just the truth. How someone can defend him just makes a fool of that person.

Advertisement