Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology

Options
  • 19-04-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Has anyone done, or is anyone currently doing, course code DL141 at IADT Dun Laoghaire? I'm a mature student considering this as an option, and would like to get impressions/opinions from the coal-face.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Yeah I graduated 2003.

The course is a bit different now though, They keep changing it to keep up with demands. TBH, I dont know much except its accredited by PSI until 2010. Dont know if that will still be the case by the time you graduate if you enroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lovem

Hey, Im just finishinh my second year, but the course has changed for first years, they know have different modules to chose from once they reach second year. It really depends how into psychology you are, it has a high drop out range 20 from our year alone since first year

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

Sorry, been away from computer for a while. Thanks to both respondents. I'm somewhat surprised at the dropout rate, but you both seem happy with it. I'd be interested in hearing what streams you both took, and how difficult you found it. I'd also like to hear what Nulty has been doing in the field since graduation. Regards - Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pink_Glits&pups

Hi there, I graduated from the second year of this course running, 2004/2005. I found the course great very versatile, great learnings from both a psychological and information technology backgrounds.

I understand the course has changed somewhat, but i personally found that the course leaves you open to a wide range of follow on courses from multimedia to various psychology masters from educational; sports; and clinical psychology. I have not yet taken any of these routes however quiet a few of my classmates have continued their studies.

I graduated with a first class honours and found the course to be quiet easy in the sense that once you attend the lectures and do the course work you will graduate with a good degree. you learn a lot about IT, however if you understand computers and are interested in multimedia it would be very beneficial.

so overall - great course; versitile and not too much hard work!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I've just finished my third year. We're the second last year of Psychology Applied to IT, now it's Applied Psychology because people keep associating it as a computer course. I couldn't say how it is for me because if you do it then it'll most likely be different. I heard you can go the Psychology route or the IT route in second year, which to me, is better. The IT side I really don't like, but thankfully third year covered the majority of that for me :D

In fourth year, we have to do a major research project, which I've already made a start on, I'm very excited! So I do recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Hi there, I graduated from the second year of this course running, 2004/2005.

As above, however i found the course quite badly run, right up to a few major eff ups at our finals.

I did little work (compared to my design degree) for the 4 years and qualified with a H2.

Organisational problems asie the course is interesting. Jobs at the other end are in research, heuristics etc, but much more likely is further study.

Advertisement