Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 97 & Anderson Silva ***SPOILERS***

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Seems the only one throwing insults is you. Enjoy your ban dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Still you demonstrate a fantastic inability to put forward any sort of coherent argument. Post Reported.

An elbow to the face makes me cringe, but cringefulness is not something that leads me to call for the outlawing of a technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Anyone Heared the latest scandal bout anderson rubbing grease from his head to his body after he stepped into the cage. Seen the gif and it looks fairly obvious.
    http://mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29655
    Ignore the bs above it. Regardless of the greasing or not the result was not gonna change. Leites completed the only real attempt at a take down he had and was never close to submitting anderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Killme00 is banned for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

After TUF are Henderson and Bisping fighting for the chance to take on Silva?

I think Bisping could give Silva a run for his money, especially if he takes it up close in the clinch.

• Advertisement

I recommend you rewatch the 2 Silva Franklin fights, especially the parts in the clinch

Does anyone think it was a big mistake giving Silva Leites to fight? Anyone could have told you he didn't stand a chance despite Joe Rogan's constant reminders that this is a HUUUUUUUUGE challenge. I hope he doesn't suffer from professional apathy too much. They should give him Marquardt or Bisping as soon as possible. I really hope he doesn't retire or something to leave us all wonder what could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Bisping and Marquadt are probably the most sensible next fights for Silva but if I had a choice of who i'd like to see take on Silva next (from his own weight division) it's Demian Maia. Not many other people think he's ready but I actually think it would be a much better fight than Bisping or Marquadt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

dont want to see anderson fight another jujitisu guy for his next fight. Id like to see maia have 2 or 3 more fights before he challenges for the title anyway. Anderson only has a few fights left if he is staying true to his word and retiring at 35. I want to see him in superfights against the likes of GSP, Rampage or even Fedor..

Maia is alot more aggresive as a grappler than Leites, so the fight would look very different. Doenst matter though, as he is unlikely to get a title shot following the debacle with Leites. For my money, Maia needs to fight Marquadt for a title shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Maia/Marquadt is a fight id like to see. Would answer alot of question about both of them. A possibility would be to match the winner of henderson/ bisping with the winner of Maia/Marquadt to sort out the no 1 contender. While thats being sorted out we could have an Anderson superfight.

Yeh, Maia vs Marquardt is definitely a fight I would like to see. Maia needs one more in case he pulls a Leites against Silva and Marquardt needs one more since he got smashed last time around, plus I'd love to see marquardt get submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Maia/Marquadt is a fight id like to see. Would answer alot of question about both of them. A possibility would be to match the winner of henderson/ bisping with the winner of Maia/Marquadt to sort out the no 1 contender. While thats being sorted out we could have an Anderson superfight.

That's a great call all round there! Get Maia v Nate and keep Bisping v Hendo and in the meantime we ("the fans") can see an old "Superfight" style bout with Anderson hopefully facing a guy who's willing to step to him and trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

http://www.insidefighting.com/latest-news/qa-dana-white-talks-anderson-silva-controversies-and-more

Pretty interesting interview with Dana, it's quite lengthy so I won't post it all here. This quote caught my eye though-
    Now, I’m going to push Anderson. I’m going to put Anderson in fights with guys who are not afraid of him, the guys that are going to f_cking come after him….we’re going to make Anderson fight again.

He also gives the most concrete confirmation so far that Chuck is finished inside the Octagon, and hints that Wanderlei and Big Nog might not be too far behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Awesome quote from Bisping on the main event.
    Michael Bisping criticized Saturday night main event. Well, who didn't? "I wasn't impressed at all with the main event. You never want to disrespect fellow fighters, much less two contesting a UFC world title, but I think both guys should hang their heads in shame, quite honestly. Leities probably won the first two rounds but nothing happened in the fight. I fought on the first card in Montreal last April, and the Canadians are tremendous supporters of the UFC. They deserved a hell of a lot better than they got from these two. I've seen more aggression from my fiancee when she hits the January sales."

Loved the last line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Those comments are gonna bite him in the ass if he faces Silva mark my words.

rovert wrote: »
    Loved the last line

haha, yeh that was a great one. I must admit, Bisping is growing on me. I still want to see him lose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Bisping is a likeable bloke I still think Silva would beat him though. I fully agree with Bispings quote though the fans deserve more than the last two performances Silva has put on at the end of the day its the fans who pay his wages & we have a right to complain.I appreciate the training & effort put in by the fighters but its their choice to fight & the fans have a right to complain if they are not happy with a performance. As quoted I hope Dana does go to push Silva either by bringing him up to LHW or a fight where the opponent will actually attack more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Silva and his manger where on inside mma this week for those interested

Advertisement