Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Special Topic

Options
  • 19-04-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey,

I'm currently studying in 5th year in the Institute of Education, basically my History Special Topic (as far as I know) is due in tomorrow which is April 20th. However looking at the handout provided by the department, it clearly states that the submission date for the Topic will be the last school day in April of the examination year. I'm nearly finished but I could still do with a few more days to perfect it, is my teacher allowed to make us hand it in on the 20th or can we use the handout as evidence to prove that technically we have until the 29th? Anyone who's been in the same situation as me please give me the full story?
    Cheers.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

iSoap wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm currently studying in 5th year in the Institute of Education, basically my History Special Topic (as far as I know) is due in tomorrow which is April 20th. However looking at the handout provided by the department, it clearly states that the submission date for the Topic will be the last school day in April of the examination year. I'm nearly finished but I could still do with a few more days to perfect it, is my teacher allowed to make us hand it in on the 20th or can we use the handout as evidence to prove that technically we have until the 29th? Anyone who's been in the same situation as me please give me the full story?
    Cheers.:(

Your in 5th year...........YOUR special topic is dew next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

Honestly, I'm not trying to sound like an absolute capper, but is it possible that this is just a mock version of the topic? From what everyone gathered from the teacher this is THE special topic and its due tomorrow. But I think it sounds completely unrealistic that the teacher can make her own deadlines like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

iSoap wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not trying to sound like an absolute capper, but is it possible that this is just a mock version of the topic? From what everyone gathered from the teacher this is THE special topic and its due tomorrow. But I think it sounds completely unrealistic that the teacher can make her own deadlines like this?

Mate i have Susan Cashell and what your doing is not the real thing your just doing a mock which she will correct and store. You will have to write up the real NEXT YEAR in class around this time for the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

Serious, do you not think she could have stated that a bit more clearly?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It seems she's giving you a deadline so you do it now than later which is good because there's people in my class not finished theres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement