Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itemized internet bill?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Is it possible to get an itemized internet bill(with a list of all the used websites). I use vodaphone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 boards.iemember

jor el wrote: »
    No.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Is it possible to get an itemized internet bill(with a list of all the used websites). I use vodaphone.

Simple answer - no.

If you are trying to find out what websites someone has been looking at on your computer, there are a variety of tools such as keyloggers, netnanny etc. This site lists a few of the more popular ones:

http://www.internet-filter-review.toptenreviews.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Under some EU law or other, ISPs have to keep a certain amount of record (anti-terrorism stuff) on all customers. You could probably request a copy of all this under the data protection laws, but it wouldn't be a standard bill, and it would cost you to get it. Don't know how much information they actually keep either.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Considering the amound of requests sites make to get advertisment and off site content it would be a costly job for an ISP to send an itemised bill but if you want to see what site you visit you could look at your history or temp files to get an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Some routers will keep a log of recent websites too.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 boards.iemember

Thanks so much :)

I only asked because my sisters boyfriend managed to persuade me that he gets itemized bills from vodaphone. I doubted him and seems I was right lol

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thanks so much :)

I only asked because my sisters boyfriend managed to persuade me that he gets itemized bills from vodaphone. I doubted him and seems I was right lol

Thanks again!
    The bill is probably itemised in that it says when he logged onto the net and when he logged off it each time. Maybe this is what he means?

Advertisement