Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of yourself in your loadout/in the field(Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

TheDoc wrote: »

Usually wearing a baseball cap these days, or showing of my beautiful new spikey hairdo.... I kinda hate wearing headwear....

a friend of mine is a professional stylist. Perhaps a multicam dye-job instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've got news for you, he/she isn't a true friend. If they were, they wouldn't be letting you walk around looking like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

NakedDex wrote: »
    I've got news for you, he/she isn't a true friend. If they were, they wouldn't be letting you walk around looking like that.

:eek:

... you realise, THIS means war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

:eek:

... you realise, THIS means war.

deep down I think we all knew the loadout photos thread would end up like this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

A gurl playin Airsoft? WTF?

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Masada wrote: »
    A gurl playin Airsoft? WTF?

:p

OMG a gurl! fapfapfapfapfapfap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

god anyone would think they where rare, we have 5 regulars down cork way...

gonesharp wrote: »
    me on the left ,G.I loadout for the 'NAM' night game at fingal. :)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk174/gonesharp/DSC_0239.jpg

Nice loadout man, is the BDU real deal? it looks more authentic than the one on the right.

The M9 Bayonet jumps out at ya as modern on the guy on the right too, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Were did u get the webbing man?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

ye got all the gear off soldiers of fortune and some off ebay,3rd pattern type fatiuges,m56 webbing,boots, helmet,even the dog tags,mind ya it melted the oul credit card..:D:D with the price off it.
    thats a mate of mine with me ,we picked up the plastic bayonets a while ago,think their M9's really only for an added touch.

ye it's a nice loadout to do we both have an intrest in NAM,again it comes down to how much money you want to put in to it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Lol, the happiest looking execution scene I have ever seen :D

Nice Nam gear though.

Well i've already ordered a CA M16A1 so hopefully i get it and after the Take Aim i'm going to buy my NAM load out (too much going on now:pac:)
    Like Masada said nice loadout:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

@ masada

like the gear,flak jacket is nice,looks the part:)
    Is that an M7 bayonet,where did you pick that up?

Finally i seen what you were on about to me.:D
    Really looking forward to getting my stuff now:pac:

If i'm right that is the XM177 you have?

Yep thats the one., :) its a beautiful little piece, really light and easy to run with.

I would have had the M16 but it broke just before that weekend.

The XM177 is tempting but i have always like the M16 better:pac:

Thats a deadly loadout too Pudding,these pics give me a better idea of the loadout.:)

Nice setup puding,

That rifle defo needs some roughing up though.,lol

what sort of holster is that btw?

In other Nam news, Was having a rummage in the shed and came across an M67 machete with original sheath and all, what a find. :D All i need now is an M72.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Nice setup puding,

not my loadout out as i said in the post its the fathers :) all credit to him, done a lot of research and a lot of time and effort has been going into it

keeps him happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

@ Puding: your da is cool as fcuk!! Lovin his loadout! Jeez, my da just manages to embarrass me all the time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

mcshape: The ghillie is a little... erm, artificial? It needs more abuse, and some krylon, and maybe other materials woven in to make it apear more natural than its standard 'swamp monster' apearance. Atm to me, it just shouts 'oh a ghillie suit'

it probably worked well because airsofters tend to be as observant as dead badgers... I've hidden from my own team 2m away in just bdus... You may just have the skill to pull it off, regardless of the regge honey monster costume :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Agreed!, i have to get my hands on some stuff, burlap and that and add to it, Honestly i would never have thought of krylon i must give that a go!

Firekitten wrote: »
    mcshape: The ghillie is a little... erm, artificial? It needs more abuse, and some krylon, and maybe other materials woven in to make it apear more natural than its standard 'swamp monster' apearance. Atm to me, it just shouts 'oh a ghillie suit'

it probably worked well because airsofters tend to be as observant as dead badgers... I've hidden from my own team 2m away in just bdus... You may just have the skill to pull it off, regardless of the regge honey monster costume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Krylon has some benefit, it can change colours, dull things, take away shine, and take edges off patterns. Id add some after the burlap, and other bits.

I find that scrim net, shredded, and an od shemagh shredded quite small too adds to bulk, and density, along with changing patterns from all one style, nature isnt unilateral.

try things, and ajust things, it wont be perfect for a while, but it can get damn close...

This is my ghillie top as a quick example... Its not finished yet, (latest summer system) trousers not included in these photos, but irelevant for the point...
    Back
    DSC00277.jpg

Front
    DSC00279.jpg

It looks stringy in the pictures, but, it looks more grassy outside and in natural light. Suits like this are designed to take natural folliage, this material is designed to simulate the grass layers, dry, in summer, and thus brighter and more tan, with the depth bellow of new greener grass, and shaddow.

The different lengths of material help in the density and bulk of the suit, and providing visual depth that a lot lack.
    hope this ilustrates my point?

nice job!, ill have a go at my own and post a pic when its done!
    Thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Whats that serpa platform like gerrowadat, does it wobble much when you run about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

kinkstr wrote: »
    Whats that serpa platform like gerrowadat, does it wobble much when you run about?

Depends on the weight of the gun and how the serpa's adjusted. if I have the KJW P226 in a serpa, it can flop about a bit if I have to really peg it. The USP is a lot lighter so it's grand, doesn't budge.

It's also a case of making sure the platform is at the side and up high on your thigh, so there's minimal movement (and also that it's on tightly). I've seen lads with serpa platforms down round their knees and they go everywhere.

Also, a belt that's rock solid and won't ever budge works wonders. Don't even bother using a regular belt or a cheap belt if you're going to hang as much off it as I do :-) I use the Bulle US Duty Belt from Flecktarn (http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ustwb1na.html) -- solid as a rock and rigid.

Grand job, thanks for that, its a USP ill be using so thats good news:)

Not sure if your aware though, the USP full size wont fit in most Chinese Serpa holsters. they are designed around the compact platform and the only larger one i know of that fits in the HFC because it has the same trigger guard as the compact.
    I did see a full size holster once on ebaybanned but they seem to be hard to come by.

Yea i was aware of that actually, will just be getting the platform of the chinamen, holster comming from the western world:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

McShape. that Modern warfare loadout is pure win!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers Dude, Thats the PCU Level 5 from ebaybanned, And i was amazed, it did exacly as it said on the tin, Kept me bone dry all day!

Advertisement