Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of yourself in your loadout/in the field(Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

+1 on that Ciaran :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

@ Sons of plunder no problem Faceman :cool:

@ Billynator sure thing Murdoch ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Im not Black, but I do Pity Da Fool if your stuck! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

bullets wrote: »
    (Cant wait for Knight Rider)

would this count ?
    n748362746_2007954_4819687.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AIRSOFT_COLM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

You need the image URL,
    I don't use imageshack(flickr or photobucket) so I'm not aware exactly where the URL code is, its usually in a box with several other links, but it should look something like this:
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5578052854_7bc46706a8_z.jpg
    When you have that, when posting first hit the insert image button(above the text display(small box with mountain and sun, left of quote bubble)
    Just paste the image url into the pop-up box that appears and Bob's your fathers brother.(Also post in NO DISCUSSION thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just noticed in pics I posted, I've got some serious trigger discipline going on there :O

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Basically click on the image above "insert image".
    Into this past the link to your pic (Basicalyl right click on your picture and select "copy image location" (if you use firefox etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Excellent shots Doc. Where were they taken? I've got six weeks off football season starting yesterday, so I might wander out and cover another skirmish. They're deceptive fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

NakedDex wrote: »
    Excellent shots Doc. Where were they taken? I've got six weeks off football season starting yesterday, so I might wander out and cover another skirmish. They're deceptive fun.

Red Barn :)

The Double D project needs a re-union

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've itchin' and bítchin' to get back out of retirement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Airsofter101

Me in Marpat with the L85 at Redbarn
    picture.php?albumid=1652&pictureid=9293

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Airsofter101

and again
    picture.php?albumid=1652&pictureid=9295

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭son-of-plunder

ciaran with the name of that photo i was expecting a religious look :P im disappointed now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Paul, check my facebook and you'll see why :D........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Was messing around with the editor and came out with these

RunEffect1.jpg

Effect2.jpg

Both at L.A.C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

anymore pics of that site richie? looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Yeah sure not sure if you can see them, not mine btw though. Photos
    The sites not open yet though was just a practice run on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

richieffff wrote: »
    Yeah sure not sure if you can see them, not mine btw though. Photos
    The sites not open yet though was just a practice run on site.

cant see them unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I love the way you hold the L85 in the second picture Ronan :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

When the buttstock is actually in your shoulder, not in the airsofter 'rpg' grip, that is actually a genuine fire position... I kid you not :P I was taught it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

awesome pics everyone, the one thing i dont get is when you see someone lugging 50% of their body weight around ? i just think that putting yourself under strain when you dont need to affects your performance, and more importantly, how much you enjoy yourself:D

struggle leads to stress, stress leads to arguments

A number of these shots are Milsim games. Games where you have to carry the kit you need. Anyway, when you're fit enough, you can do it easily enough. Not seen anyone 'fight' in a burgen, (you just dont) but daypacks and armour is hardly that much considering things.

ye kewl i understand where your coming from if someone can lug it and keep up with such a fast paced sport fair enough, but the reason i brought it up is that most of the guys wearing excessive kit were falling behind literally, taking breaks, fiddling with things falling off opening and catching on objects, when it comes to milsim you dont have to carry so much, i have a military bg, no need for so much kit for a milsim, a daysack is enough for a 24hr milsim not a 6 hour one, alot of people lug stuff they only use at the safe zone ??? i know a vest on its own isnt heavy, but when they fill it with all the contents from the boot of the car it becomes cumbersome weight wise and size wise.

the funny thing is Im also guilty of it haha, when i first started, i thought having a cool ''Delta Loadout'' was supercool and packed a vest with so much kit it weighed the same as a real one lol including a 3 ltr hydration pack, had no problem still played smooth and kept up, but once i decided to get smart about it, brought what i actually needed in game, i played twice as smooth and didnt keep up i joined the lads leading the game...i ran to and from respawn instead of walking, i was no longer hindered in foilage all the time and didnt have to walk around the field during lunch break looking for something that fell..

I just think that some people who do carry alot should try tone it down for one or two games a day and see the improvement it will cause.

The only thing thats cumbersome that isnt problematic is a ghille suit haha:D

Well those that arent fit enough and carry it, are asking for pain. Plenty blokes cant keep up with no kit, and it depends on what you think you can do.
    Fact thier kit flaps and thier pouches are open is because airsofters are admin grenades :P

Dunno about the burgen. Spare kit, sleep stuff, food, water, ammo... Thats not that much really... for a game where you dont return to the safe zone... its necessary. you can stuff it into a day pack, but its just more effort. I dont think the burgen is that bad really. Its not like you wear it all the time... dump at CP, or platoon harbour... sorted.

For day games, yeah, its too much. and ghillie suits? yeah some can be, but ones designed properly arent. Youve seen the shots of mine. Its all on the back and sides of the top, and the trosers clip on (making at the moment). Its all about knowing what you need something to do. Airsofters dont understand the concept of 'what do i NEED' not what do I 'want'.

was that the one you had on in the senny pics ??

thats my point, instead of taking of a vest at the rest zone and having a stretch, why not leave half of it there in the first place, a friend of mine had a good saying, pretty simple but true...one ounce when youre sitting around is just another ounce, one ounce when your exhausted is another kilo;)

ye some people have ghilles cover their belly lol...a friend of mine made one sounds similar to yours, he kicked ass with it last weekend;)

have you got any clear pics of the ghille in the photo section ??

Yeah, thats the one... Yeah theres some photos of it in the ghillie topic on the main airsoft forum, probs page 2 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

You're dead right, the more you're carrying the less effective you'll be, and players who want to progress will start trimming down their loadout.

As we've said in the emergency medical field: the bigger the belt, the newer the medic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

its the normal thing in airsoft that every single cm of molle must be cover and every pouch must have something in it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Puding wrote: »
    its the normal thing in airsoft that every single cm of molle must be cover and every pouch must have something in it :)

There's nothing better than the tactical club milk pouch

Advertisement