Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points goals.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

800.......really shooting high here

Two lads in my school going for it aswell, they will honestly probably get it. They both got 5A1s and 3A2s in their pres.
    If your serious good luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

Im aiming for 510 but id be ecstatic to hit the 500 mark. But i dont think i would be crying or anything if i got over 460 i think thats really good, but for my first 2 choices i need 500+ to get in comfortably. got 440 in the mocks.

U guys think its possible to go up from mocks by 60 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Cant get 800 points.......:pac:
    Guy in my school got no As in the pres last year but got 600pts(out of 600!) in the real thing...just so you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

naasface wrote: »

U guys think its possible to go up from mocks by 60 points?

I flippin' hope so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

460 would be perfect, but really 400 or over is fine. Most of my courses including my first choice are all 350, but really just as long as I get a course that involves German I don't really care what I get! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

I'm aiming for 400 to get arts. I'm not sure what I want to do though so I chose this as it is a broad area. Hopefully I can find a more specific course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

800.......really shooting high here.....confident though so long as it all goes to plan! XD

Theoretical Physics in trinity is 500!

I'll see you there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Got 400 in the mocks, after a second Business mock.

Would love to get 480ish. BUt really only need about 390/400.

Gona work my liathróidí off over the next 6 weeks and hopefully get as close to as I can.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Got 480 in the pres, aiming for 500+

My course is 450-470

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Going for 315 region for Business Information Systems is NUIG

Work like f**k now the next 6 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Need about 350. Got 280 in the mocks (failed HL Geog by 3%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Well, I got 555 in mocks, need about 565, aiming for 570. In reality though I feel i'm definitely going to do worse in the real thing than my pres!
    Which is totally going to kill me!! It's not that I'm not working as hard it's just that in some of my subjects, I feel I'm banging my head against a brick wall. I just can't "nail" them, so to speak! oh well, we'll see....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well I'm only in 5th year atm. But I usually do a bit of study every day after school. Take down some notes etc. So I'm hoping for over 300 for Enterprise Computing in DCU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

meathawk wrote: »
    I need 500 or there about for psychology in ucd .If that fails 450 will suffice for psychology and science in maynooth.
    Same as that, would love UCD but have maynooth down too. Is it not 460 points for psych and science though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Meh. Whatever I'll get I'll slide into an appropriate course. Got 355 in the Mock, failed 2. I'd be happy with 480 ish to guide me into Phil/Irish in TCD or even happy enough to let me into Socio/Irish. Points. They ain't important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Points. They ain't important.

Unless you don't get enough to do any of your preferred courses. Then they take on a massive significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

GA361 wrote: »
    Aiming for 500 . . . Hopefully Law in UCD will drop off a bit this year again . . .

Yes, hopefully. Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bhoy4life

Got 410 in the mocks after doin nothin

is 480-500 possible after puttin in a load of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

bythewoods wrote: »
    Unless you don't get enough to do any of your preferred courses. Then they take on a massive significance.

S'pose.

But i really was on about say the people going for 800-900.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

bhoy4life wrote: »
    Got 410 in the mocks after doin nothin

is 480-500 possible after puttin in a load of work?

500 definitely very possible. I know people who worked hard for the mockslast year and got 400 and then got 500 in June.

you have not peaked!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

anything over 300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

I need 850...

but half of those are from a portfolio ;)
    Which i wont get the result of until the end of may.

It all depends on how many points i get from it.
    I could need anything from 350 to 500 points!

Im aiming for 450 tho.. got 385 in the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Well I'm only in 5th year atm. But I usually do a bit of study every day after school. Take down some notes etc. So I'm hoping for over 300 for Enterprise Computing in DCU
    If your studying towards the LC most days after school in 5th year, id say your not gonna have any problems!:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

hoping for 450 as i want to do Science in TCD. some stiff competition out there from what i've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

I'm hoping for around 500, I only need about 355 for my course though so I'll be fine in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ people like you I don't get. why would you bother working for 500 when you only need 350?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ever heard of something called "ambition", or "motivation", or "I don't want to spend my life being mediocre, doing only the minimum required and never really excelling at anything, never taking an interest, or never being bothered"?

... Ahem. It's nice to feel like you've done yourself proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The Leaving Cert is kinda a qualification too, I got 500 sounds a damn sight better than I got 355.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

yeah but "fad" I dont think people are really going to care about what you got in the leaving cert if you have gone on to get a good qualification.Jesus fad give us a break!I dont get people like you!!!:mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

need about 355-380...
    got 335 in the mocks
    trying to get a wee bit of study done these days..
    would it be possible to leap from that maybe up to 370??..:confused::confused::confused:

i hope so:o

Advertisement