Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points goals.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

god I hope so too!
    I have a 150 point jump to make

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

poisonated wrote: »
    yeah but "fad" I dont think people are really going to care about what you got in the leaving cert if you have gone on to get a good qualification.Jesus fad give us a break!I dont get people like you!!!:mad:
    :pac:

If you want a job during college????
    If you drop out?????
    Im not sneering at 355, I'm just saying only aiming for what you have to get if you in theory can get higher is kind of a waste.

typical fad "ooh Im fad and I think its fun to sneer at 350 points"

:P

typical fad "ooh Im fad and I think its fun to sneer at 350 points"

:P

Typical Poisonated, about to get a letter home about not going to school :P

ah my parents are kl with it

• Advertisement

ah my parents are kl with it

Then why exactly are you coming in, in the mornings wearing half your uniform, if you arent going to any classes :pac:

they werent at the start but Im so charming I convinced them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Aye, but thang is,

If youre goin for a job interview anytime soon, youve got more of a chance I guess if you throw up a few A's and B's on a Leaving Cert. Y'know?

And yes, it is nice to say to yourself, I worked and it paid off, rather than, I got what I wanted by doing hardly anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

300 but it's going to end up being 260.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

yeah but "fad" I dont think people are really going to care about what you got in the leaving cert if you have gone on to get a good qualification.Jesus fad give us a break!I dont get people like you!!!:mad:
    Well, basically whatever is your "last" qualification is likely to be most important. If you go on to get a degree and it's amazing, you can drop off your LC results unless they're similarly amazing. If you don't go on to get a degree, having a good LC would certainly look better than having a poor one... Though, I think I'll keep my LC results on my CV for a fair while, since I did pretty well and may as well show off my work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

flag123 wrote: »
    need about 355-380...
    got 335 in the mocks
    trying to get a wee bit of study done these days..
    would it be possible to leap from that maybe up to 370??..:confused::confused::confused:

definitely. Even if you just keep going at the pace you were up to the mocks how can you not do 10% better at least.

1. You will know more stuff
    2. You have the experience of the mocks behind you and you have learnt from some of your mistakes
    3. The mocks are marked harder I think
    4. The mocks are harder I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I thought the mocks in certain subjects wore harder than the past papers. Another difference is standard of marking. They're usually dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

^ people like you I don't get. why would you bother working for 500 when you only need 350?:confused:

Mainly for the reasons other people have suggested, why should I perform worse than my ability ? I feel lucky with respect to not needing high points for my course (which is Computer Science in Trinity), but that shouldn't stop me from achieving what I want for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Points dont reflect your intellegence it just measures how well you can regurgitate crap youl never use again..Get the course you want then start carin

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Want - 480
    Minimum - 355

I only got 380 in the mock so I'm really scared now. :lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭myfatherrsson

Points dont reflect your intellegence it just measures how well you can regurgitate crap youl never use again..Get the course you want then start carin

I think points reflect a persons work ethic...how hard their willing to work even at things they hate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 PhilMickelson

:rolleyes:

Im in college now and I find it to be way more about regurgitation than the leaving. Then again....i didnt do those kinda subjects.

But now we have to phrase things exactly the way the lecturer said them....:mad:

LC 4 LIFE:P

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I need about 350 - 400 but I'd like to certainly aim higher just to secure myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

ALL THE POINTS.

I want all the points.

Pfft, be delighted with 550, considering the half-arsedness of my work thus far and providing I score high in the HPAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

I need 400, got 405 in the mocks..want about 450.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Aiming for 520 but anything over 500 and I'd be over the moon.
    Don't think I'll get it though, i've relaxed way too much since the pres.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I'd love about 450.
    But I'd be more than happy with 420; need 415 for International Relations in DCU.
    I got 380 in the mocks with little study, so IF I apply myself, I should be able to get it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Ha, Looking at all those predictions is making me sweat ha :) and im jus wonderin where the hell all these schools are that have students aim for the 550 mark :O.
    i go to the school that won the young scientist the most times and I am praying to get 250 or higher in the leavin. i got less than a hundred in the mocks, I wonder if its possible. Course i wanted was 230 last year dunno what it will be this year though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I'm the only person in my year aiming for anything near 550. The highest under me is about 510, or there abouts. There's two people aiming around there. Then a few more in the four hundreds. Seems a lot of people in my year are just hoping to pass in a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

donfarrell wrote: »
    Ha, Looking at all those predictions is making me sweat ha :) and im jus wonderin where the hell all these schools are that have students aim for the 550 mark :O.
    i go to the school that won the young scientist the most times and I am praying to get 250 or higher in the leavin. i got less than a hundred in the mocks, I wonder if its possible. Course i wanted was 230 last year dunno what it will be this year though :(

Adam?

And thats why I left your school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

whats the point of this thread, wat good is knowing what other people want to get, what benefit is this to ya, worry about yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

I'd love to get about 520 to do nutritional dietetics but i doubt i'l get it!
    Aiming for around 470 or that for primary teaching but i only got 400 in the mocks so im worried at this stage
    Tufty

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

I got 270 in the mocks and my first preference is 355...so alot of work needed!
    however i am applyin for courses as low as 290 and 220 aswell so i dont see any problem with me getting those if the faves dont work out!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Want: About 455
    Need: 355 (and a C3 in HL Maths)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

wahay!I got 390 in the mocks,my first choice is 360,supposedly going to go up,but I'd be shocked if it went up 50 points,after last years leap of 30 points
    My big worry is failing hons. Irish which I did in the mocks,hopefully my listening and oral will make a difference

Oh,and points don't reflect to seriously on your intelligence,Have we not all been grilled about how to answer exam questions?not on what actually is the use or purpose of what we learn

that and out of 360 am nearly gaurenteed 2 A's.Happy days
    And sure,if I fail,I fail.I'll be happy to work for the rest of my life

Advertisement