Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOTD2

• 19-04-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

Since when has Gazza been providing the analysis? Jaysus he's shocking to look at, the adidas stripes down the side of his head and the goggly eyes, he looks like a gremlin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

they must be trying to help him out, which is fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Supposedly he was on Soccer AM too

Must be coming back

He sounds good (well, as good as Geordie can sound! :D), much better than in that video of him in the bar talking sh*te

Hope he's okay now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

He should be subbed in english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He should be subbed in english

Ha, definitely.

I didnt even know it was gazza, he looks about 65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if he goes ape and glasses Adrian chiles in the face he'll forever be loved by me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I saw him briefly on soccer am, but tonight he looks sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What a ball from Ireland for Cities first goal. Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The abuse he has put his body through over the last 5 or so years will have taken a heavy toll on him, so his appearance shouldn't be a shock to anyone. But by all accounts, he is getting things in order again, and seems to be much more stable than he has been over the last 18 months.

Good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Shocking. The man's a living warning to anyone who think's it's cool to abuse your body with booze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Charlie wrote: »
    The abuse he has put his body through over the last 5 or so years will have taken a heavy toll on him, so his appearance shouldn't be a shock to anyone. But by all accounts, he is getting things in order again, and seems to be much more stable than he has been over the last 18 months.

Good luck to him.

The messiah that Newcastle need to mount a promotion run perhaps?:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Highsider wrote: »
    Shocking. The man's a living warning to anyone who think's it's cool to abuse your body with booze

Yeah they should be drinking it not abusing their bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stekelly wrote: »

........................................................................good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I watch MOTD2 each week and this is the first time I've seen him on it (I think... ...:o). I imagine that they're only trying to help him out, as has been mentioned. I think he looks well, actually, considering what he's been through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Either way, he was far better than the last time he did some TV analysing (ITV in the 02 World Cup anyone?) That was car crash television at its worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Daysha wrote: »
    Either way, he was far better than the last time he did some TV analysing (ITV in the 02 World Cup anyone?) That was car crash television at its worst.

aw jeez, don't remind me. ITV had an extensive all-star cast of analyists that summer...

Stekelly wrote: »

lol

lets not go there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fair play to BBC for giving him a gig. I watched him on Soccer am, hes very hard to understand, he alost tries to hard to be funny all the time which comes across as a bit desperate.

Gazza should do an ad for the NHS, or whatever tis called. about drink and its effects.

Its amazing he is alive tbh, and you can look at Maradona and see how well he looks and he has been thru hell and beyond. [on a death bed more than once]

Gazza must have been boozing non stop for the last 15 years id say [every day!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

I found it pretty funny myself, hope hes back next week

• Advertisement
Advertisement