Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Wireless speeds?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 10:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Belkin USB wireless adaptor. I'm on ntl 10mb. When downloading from rapidshare I used to get 1200k/s - but recently I only get 700k/s.

I have problems with the card I have to plus it out and in again to fix it sometimes. Occasionally it will go back to full speed. but I've no idea why it might be limited.

I thought it might be something to do with an error I sometimes get:

usb.JPG

Could this be the problem?
    Any way to fix it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zascar wrote: »
    I have a Belkin USB wireless adaptor. I'm on ntl 10mb. When downloading from rapidshare I used to get 1200k/s - but recently I only get 700k/s.

I have problems with the card I have to plus it out and in again to fix it sometimes. Occasionally it will go back to full speed. but I've no idea why it might be limited.

I thought it might be something to do with an error I sometimes get:

usb.JPG

Could this be the problem?
    Any way to fix it?

You only have USB 1.0? What motherboard do you have?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have a Dell Dimension 5000. P4 3.4. 3GB Ram. Few years old but not ancient. Surely is has usb 2.0?

Might it be a driver issue or something making it not work correctly?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have a Dell Dimension 5000. P4 3.4. 3GB Ram. Few years old but not ancient. Surely is has usb 2.0?

Might it be a driver issue or something making it not work correctly?

They're USB 2.0 alright, according to Dell. Possibilities include, they're set in USB 1 mode in the BIOS, or you lack USB 2.0 drivers. Have you installed service pack 3?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep SP3 is installed.

How do I turn on in the Bios?
    Thanks

Yep SP3 is installed.

How do I turn on in the Bios?
    Thanks

Depends on the BIOS, Dell ones tend to be restrictive, but the entry should be under peripherals in most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement