Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard/seen Shrek the Musical?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I'd heard good things about Shrek and eagerly awaited the release of the CD last month and got it at last and it's.............................. awful :( The most derivative/cheesy/false music I've listened to in a long time. Bits of the music were borrowed from other shows, I recognised Gypsy, Godspell and a Chorus Line for starters.

And there's an obsession with toilets - wondering how Cinderella peed in the coffin? Rapunzel saying she only had a chamber pot and everymorning she boiled it cos she didn't have a toilet :eek:

Don't waste your money on this one - not worth it IMO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I saw it being advertised in Times Square when I was over there and thought it looked like something to avoid. That was without hearing the music mind you. I don't see why they try to make things like Shrek into musicals. I mean I love musicals but I don't see what they're tryin to do with them...

Advertisement