Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphone earpads -sony

• 19-04-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

My Sony wireless headphone earpads have degraded considerably in recent times and I need to replace them. They are foam circular about , 3.5inches.
    I'd like to replae them with well padded ones.
    Sony model; MDR RF815r .

any idea where I might get them ?
    Maplin and Sound Store Cork do not have such things.
    Apparently, 'big earpads' are not in fashion :(

A.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would think the best you could do would be to try and find a headphone with the same size earpads, but which are better made and have the sort you want, and buy them as spares.

Failing that, get yourself a needle and thread, some foam and a small piece of pig skin / glove leather, and make your own.

Thats what I did for my Sony headphones when the stock ones disintegrated inside two years of use.

Sony love selling hugely expensive accessory/replacement parts so they make the originals to be cráp from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Thanks for the suggestion.

I might just try my sewing skills - i hadn't thought of that :)

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Anchises wrote: »
    Apparently, 'big earpads' are not in fashion
    Gosh do I have issues with that statement..
    Sony Centre
    76 Patrick Street
    Cork
    Tel:
    021 4278333
    Fax:
    021 4278225

They will have access to Sony Spares and could at least make a phone call on your behalf?

>Sol

(HD595 Sennheiser owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Your right the Sony Centre have ordered them fo me today.
    Altho' the model must be about ten years old...

A mite dear, but, great service.....

A.

Advertisement