Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full sleeves cork?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

just wonderin where in cork is the best place to get full slieves done? i already have a quarter tribal on one arm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what style of tattoo do you want? It's a sleeve so it's a pretty big deal. I wouldn't walk into any place without doing some research first.

Holy cow in midleton is good, karen russell and justin russell

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Bit of a vague question there, any tattooist will do a full sleeve, what are you looking for? There are a few places to choose from.

Tribal Ink, 4 Kyle st (down the side of the Coal quay/North main st). There are two tattoists in there, Trish is awesome :).
    Tattoo Zoo, North Main st, beside Eddie Rockets. I've seen some good things done by Connie in there.
    Smiley Dog, down the side street by Liam Russells, think it's called Malbero St?
    Holy Cow, Middelton.

This would've all come up if you used the search function...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭shelly.m

i want tribal on my right arm and jap flowers on my left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

Tribal Ink gets my vote. i "work" there :D woo :D haha both are amazing. if its tribal on it id go with jerome hes done some sick work. myself and him are designing my jap style sleave atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Why restrict yourself to whichever tattoo artist is down the road? You should be willing to travel (within reason) to enable yourself to get the best tattoo possible, I'm not saying you should travel to Japan every time you want your Japanese sleeve topped up but at least take a look to see what you can get in Dublin / London / France etc.
    Most importantly is matching the tattooists strengths to what you desire your tattoo to look like and seeing as the tattoo you want is substantial this is even more of a definate criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hell, even only over to Waterford to JMDs!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Hell, even only over to Waterford to JMDs!
    joe did work for me before in jmds he is good but over priced i think

i used to live in waterford and joe did work for me and he did alot for my ex too and a few of the other lads out of his club he is over priced though now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

shelly.m wrote: »
    i used to live in waterford and joe did work for me and he did alot for my ex too and a few of the other lads out of his club he is over priced though now.
    yeah but awesome tattoo's at the end of the day , and when you go for a big piece, he spends the time with ya , no rushing you out, just to get the next person in the door... well worth it tbh.
    its not that overpriced tbh

i know hes one of the best , i might look into going up for a visit and see what he says

• Advertisement

email them 1st :)

What does he charge as an hourly rate. In my own opinion, from the work I've seen, I would certainly rate him as one of the most competent in the Country, having said that, nothing I've seen would make my jaw drop.

Diceicle wrote: »
    What does he charge as an hourly rate. In my own opinion, from the work I've seen, I would certainly rate him as one of the most competent in the Country, having said that, nothing I've seen would make my jaw drop.

unless it was done by Jani of course? ;) :pac:

changed thread spelling to the correct one, was doing my head in

120 an hour

really?? his work is awesome.. *looks at back in mirror ... jaw drops! :P*!

Will wrote: »
    unless it was done by Jani of course? ;) :pac:

Its is true I do think he is probably one the top tattooists in the country, everyone's got there "favourite" I suppose, whether that be Zulu or Art Tattoo :pac:
    In the interest of fairness and even handedness, which I am at all times no doubt about it (:rolleyes:) I took a sconce at JMD's more up to date Myspace page (previously having viewed the official site) and I am impressed, there are some excellent tattoos on there, the asian stuff is great, portraits don't seem to be his strong suit however (IMO) with that in mind there's a great tattoo of a lady at the bottom of page 5 (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=251069011&albumId=476728&page=5 ) maybe it's originally an illustration?
    And to further demonstrate my unbiased nature, I'm not in awe of 100% of Jani's work. There's a recent piece ( I wont say which) that is very dodge as far as I can see, still though, the rest of his work (such as the corpse bride characters) is, for the most part, amazing.

Is his rate €120? If so, at the higher end of things for sure but arguably worth the money as to my mind the work he's done of late requires a level of skill that justifies a slight increase. I'm sure that's a load of Joes mind. ;)

hahaha just seen my pic up there, i didnt know it was!!

emo!! wrote: »
    hahaha just seen my pic up there, i didnt know it was!!

Which one?

Only screwin with ya dude :)

Talkin about justifying 120 squid, from the work i've seen personally of joe's he is worth it.

Artist's have their off days too, seen a lot of Jani's work and it is top notch tbh

posted it there in the ill show you mine thread :)

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Only screwin with ya dude :)

Talkin about justifying 120 squid, from the work i've seen personally of joe's he is worth it.

Artist's have their off days too, seen a lot of Jani's work and it is top notch tbh

No worries mate. :pac:

There would only be a very select few in Ireland worth paying over the average rate for, Joe Mylers is one of them judging by his work of late, the majority of work is quite impressive it has to be said.

Yeah unfortunately artists arent immune to having an off day, just would hate to be booked in on such a day. With that in mind, the piece I'm thinking of is such a travesty that it looks like he broke his wrist and thought "Ah, f**k it......" and tattooed the person anyway.

Advertisement