Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen I-Pod. How can I get it blocked?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

Some b*****d stole my I-pod from the door of my car right outside my house!! :mad::mad::mad: I know I'll probably never get it back but the idea of just sitting back and letting someone use it away makes my blood boil! My question is: Does anyone know if Apple can blacklist the Ipod or disable it if the new "owner" tries to use I-tunes with it??? I have the serial, but they'd hardly even need that, I'm sure if they have the tech they can get what they need from my I-Tunes login and PW.

I've tried searching the Customer Care sites, both Ireland and USA for the word "Stolen" but there's no advice on there as to how to let them know your I-pod has been stolen. I'd imagine they don't want the negative association on their site.

If anyone can help me and save me what I'm afraid will be a long-holding call to the Customer Care line on my lunchbreak tomorrow please let me know!

Thanks, Whodah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

eh afraid not, iPod's (or any portable media player) don't have that kind of technology in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

Goddammit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Do you have the serial number? If so, report it to Apple. You'd never know what they might be able to do. The least they could do is blacklist it from tech support / warranty repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭geffkane

had an iPod stolen last year. callled customer care for same reason. although it should be technically possible its not something that they do. maybe though thief will sync and inadvertently wipe your music collection

Advertisement